PDA

View Full Version : Domains with Dispel Magic in them

ATHATH
2018-04-22, 11:58 PM
A minor problem has come up in one of the builds that I'm making for the E6 Iron Chef tournament: I need to find two 1st party (no Dragon Magazine) domains with Dispel Magic on them, and so far, I've only found one domain that has Dispel Magic on it: the Magic domain.

Is there another domain that I'm missing?

This is for 3.5, by the way, although 3.0 sources ARE allowed if they don't conflict with 3.5 sources.

ZamielVanWeber
2018-04-23, 12:31 AM
Drow gives Dispelling Screen (AKA wall of dispel magic). Liberation gives Greater Dispel Magic. Magic gives Dispel Magic (as you noted).

Everything else is Dragon Magazine, including the feat that you let you put Dispel Magic on pre-existing domains.

Ramza00
2018-04-23, 12:43 AM
imarvintpa has a spell database and per that spell database dispel magic (not similar spells like greater dispel magic, wall of dispel magic, etc) is only on Magic 3 domain.

There are far many other base class, prestige classes, etc that give the spell but the domains that give it is only magic domain.

BowStreetRunner
2018-04-23, 08:06 AM
This is going to be highly dependent upon your actual situation, but you can take the Divine Magician ACF from CM and pick up Dispel Magic off the Sorcerer/Wizard list. It's technically not a domain spell however, even though you give up a domain to get it, so I don't know if that helps in any way, since you are actually getting it at the same level that clerics already receive the spell.

Thurbane
2018-04-23, 06:20 PM
Cleric Domain List (http://ftm3.altervista.org/ASMoNM/domains.html) says Magic is the only first party source. There's one Dragon magazine: Temperance.

May not fit your needs, but here's a couple of options not already mentioned:

A dip into Sand Shaper adds Dispel Magic to your spell list/spells known.

The Lolth's Blessing feat allows you to use Dispel Magic as an SLA 1/day.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-04-23, 10:09 PM
There's a workaround in the spell domain in anyspell. Dispel magic is on the trapsmith list as a 1st level spell.

Goaty14
2018-04-23, 11:18 PM
There's a workaround in the spell domain in anyspell. Dispel magic is on the trapsmith list as a 1st level spell.

You mean greater anyspell? Anyspell spends a 3rd level slot for any arcane 2nd.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-04-23, 11:21 PM
You mean greater anyspell? Anyspell spends a 3rd level slot for any arcane 2nd.

No, I mean anyspell and use it to prepare the trapsmith version of dispel magic which is a 1st level spell.

ATHATH
2018-04-24, 01:28 AM
To clarify, I needed this for the Paragnostic Apostle's Knowledge is Power's Divine Understanding option (select a domain; you cast any spells that appear on that domain at +1 caster level (note that they do NOT need to be cast from domain slots)).

BowStreetRunner
2018-04-24, 09:47 AM
Since you mentioned this is for the E6 Iron Chef tournament, the Greater Dispel Magic options aren't going to help. So it looks like Magic domain is probably your only option within the sources allowed by the tournament.

Thurbane
2018-04-24, 04:37 PM
Since you mentioned this is for the E6 Iron Chef tournament, the Greater Dispel Magic options aren't going to help. So it looks like Magic domain is probably your only option within the sources allowed by the tournament.

I concur.

Just in case, I checked the Shaman Domains in OA, but none of those have Dispel Magic.

Digging through some sources, Dispel Magic seems to appear on the following lists: Apostle of Peace 3, Beguiler 3, Blighter 3, Bard 3, Court Herald 3, Dark Hunter 3, Death Master 3, Dread Necromancer 4, Druid 4, Duskblade 4, Emissary of Barachiel 3, Hexblade 3, Hoardstealer 3, Knight of the Chalice 3, Knight of the Weave 3, Magic Domain 3, Paladin 3, Sha'ir 3, Sugnenja 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 3, Trapsmith 1, Urban Druid 4, Vigilante 3 and Wu Jen 3.