PDA

View Full Version : Nexus War

Neftren
2007-09-03, 10:42 AM
For those of you Urban Dead junkies, check out the Barhah at Nexus War (Nexuswar.com)! The game is based off of UD but different theme. Actually, we even have a Ridleytown Resistance Front. Bringing the BARHAH! to NW.

So... I was wondering if anybody else played? I've got three characters:

Testtube - a 29 Elementalist - Ridleytown Resistance Front
Death's Aspect - a 27 Seraph - Ragged Philanthropists
A Wandering Traveler - an 18 Myrmidon - Pirates of R'lyeh

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone's interested, I can point out the subtle differences between Good, Evil and good old Barhah style Neutral.

Mephisto
2007-09-06, 04:14 PM
I've been playing for a little bit more than a year. I've donated, so I've got 10 characters.

Aeron Greyjoy - level 30 Elementalist, Salty Dogs
Angrboda - level 30 Void Walker, Oblivion Squadron
Bob the Eternal - level 30 Revenant, Hoodie Ninja Pizza and Subs
Simon Fench - level 30 Advocate, the Faithful
Cnaiur urs Skiotha - level 29 Divine Champion, High Knights of Liberation
Sergei Goldberg - level 29 Nexus Champion, Edgetown Original Gangsters
Melisandre - level 23 Dark Oppressor, Murder Inc.
Anomander Rake - level 12 Sorceror, Grim's Hideout Regulars.

the other two are still mortals.

(Yes, I do read a lot of fantasy novels. 5 of those 8 names are from novels)

Anyway, it's a lot more complex than Urban Dead, which is both a good thing and a not-so-good thing. In addition, the fact that the sides aren't really defined (and most people have alts on both sides of any conflict) can lead to some out-of-character nastiness.

Gaelbert
2007-09-07, 09:02 PM
Just recently me and my level 5ish mortal joined the DEM in Nexus Wars. And no, we're not morality policing.

Neftren
2007-09-08, 02:08 PM
I've been playing for a little bit more than a year. I've donated, so I've got 10 characters.

Aeron Greyjoy - level 30 Elementalist, Salty Dogs
Angrboda - level 30 Void Walker, Oblivion Squadron
Bob the Eternal - level 30 Revenant, Hoodie Ninja Pizza and Subs
Simon Fench - level 30 Advocate, the Faithful
Cnaiur urs Skiotha - level 29 Divine Champion, High Knights of Liberation
Sergei Goldberg - level 29 Nexus Champion, Edgetown Original Gangsters
Melisandre - level 23 Dark Oppressor, Murder Inc.
Anomander Rake - level 12 Sorceror, Grim's Hideout Regulars.

the other two are still mortals.

(Yes, I do read a lot of fantasy novels. 5 of those 8 names are from novels)

Anyway, it's a lot more complex than Urban Dead, which is both a good thing and a not-so-good thing. In addition, the fact that the sides aren't really defined (and most people have alts on both sides of any conflict) can lead to some out-of-character nastiness.

Ouch we've been hitting you guys at Murder Inc quite hard recently :P.

How's the revenant? I've got my myrm working it's way up and I was considering going Rev...

Mephisto
2007-10-05, 10:25 AM
Sorry I missed this, but

How's the revenant? I've got my myrm working it's way up and I was considering going Rev...

Revenants are a real glass-cannon class. At night, they can dish out absurd amounts of damage (mine does 31 damage on a critical hit w/ blood frenzy, 19 normally) with a very high hit rate. However, they don't get any innate armor like Eternal Soldiers or Nexus Champions do, and they can't cast Turtle Shell, so they're stuck with mundane armors and potions for defense. Also, due to the day-night cycle, you're only effective half the time (as you get none of the Rev's nighttime bonuses and substantial penalties, so you're actually worse than you were as a myrm). If you schedule your playing right it's not a problem, but it can be an annoyance.

Captain van der Decken
2007-10-05, 12:42 PM
I have Pravus, a Myrm in the Pirates of R'lyeh whose about to hit Revenant, Don Quixote (I'm kinda suprised I managed to snag that name) a Defiler in The Claw (leveling is pretty hard in Stygia, but at least they're next to a library) and Catweazle, a Raggedy sorcerer.

The whole Forgotten City thing was pretty fun, though it's put a dent in my crafting.

Rigel Cyrosea
2007-10-09, 08:05 PM
I'm a fairly new player- I just got my first character to tier 2.

Grevane - Lv 10 Defiler - Oblivion Squadron
Matthias Rosegate - Lv 8 Mortal (Going for Myrmidon) - Riddlytown Resistance Front
Kethief - Lv 7 Mortal (Myrmidon or Paladin) - Currently Factionless

LordVader
2008-01-24, 11:56 AM
((Yes, I'm aware that this is horrible necromancy, but better than starting a new thread, right?))

I just joined, it's pretty fun. I have a character called Captain Svensgaard, and decided to make my own faction just for hoots (the Nautilus Pirates: a carrot for anyone who gets the reference.:smallwink:)

Fun game so far, but the demons and evil creatures breaking into random buildings and slaughtering you can be a bit upsetting .:smallbiggrin:

Mephisto
2008-01-26, 06:04 PM
Fun game so far, but the demons and evil creatures breaking into random buildings and slaughtering you can be a bit upsetting .:smallbiggrin:

The whole point is to kill each other. Expecting to be safe anywhere is foolishness.

Kraufen
2023-04-14, 08:53 AM
Oh damn, this was actually remade. Sorry for the crazy post necromancy but I'll make a seperate post for the game

truemane
2023-04-16, 10:01 AM
Metamagic Mod: Thread Necromancy