PDA

View Full Version : Help with ideas for signs of the zodiac themed mutations for a horror game.

S@tanicoaldo
2018-04-23, 12:53 PM
Warning horror and some creepy and freaky ideas.

Hey guys, so I'm going to run a horror game soon for a group of friends and my idea for the plot is that magical fragments each corespoding to one sign of the Zodiac came to earth and mutated some people intro horrible abominations.

I need some ideas on their looks and powers. And they need to look really freak and disgusting since I'm be the DM to a group of hardcore horror fans.

Here is what I have so far:

Aries- Goat horns and hair, maybe the use of black magic?

Taurus- Also has horns but is more brutal and physical on his attacks.

Gemini- I think the diea that it caries around a small fetus like twin conected with an umbilical cord sounds very horrible, I'm playning on not making hime evil just over protective of his brother, maybe telekinetic powers.

Cancer: No idea on how to make this not look silly.

Leo: I'm thinking baout very long hair and claws. also mind controling women to hunt for him.

Virgo: No idea, maybe some angelic being?

Libra: Really no idea.

Scorpio: Poison and toxic stings.

Sagittarius: Horse like body and bone control, he can control his bones to form a bow and arrows.

Capricorn: A man, goat and fish hybrid just begging to be killed.

Aquarius: Eyes all around his body and costantly crying.

Pisces: His body is covered in scales.

So any ideas or tips on what is working, what is not, help with the ones I have no idea, sugestions or stuff like that?

Thanks.

Cespenar
2018-04-24, 03:08 AM
Warning horror and some creepy and freaky ideas.

Hey guys, so I'm going to run a horror game soon for a group of friends and my idea for the plot is that magical fragments each corespoding to one sign of the Zodiac came to earth and mutated some people intro horrible abominations.

I need some ideas on their looks and powers. And they need to look really freak and disgusting since I'm be the DM to a group of hardcore horror fans.

Here is what I have so far:

Aries- Goat horns and hair, maybe the use of black magic?

Uncontrollable use of black magic sounds fine, in addition to goat horns.

Taurus- Also has horns but is more brutal and physical on his attacks.

Add some sudden bursts of rage.

Gemini- I think the diea that it caries around a small fetus like twin conected with an umbilical cord sounds very horrible, I'm playning on not making hime evil just over protective of his brother, maybe telekinetic powers.

Yep, classic and the most creepy.

Cancer: No idea on how to make this not look silly.

Hands turning to claws? Partial chinitious growth? I don't know, it sounds creepier than goatmen, IMO.

Leo: I'm thinking baout very long hair and claws. also mind controling women to hunt for him.

That's okay.

Virgo: No idea, maybe some angelic being?

Starts by hair turning into wheat, then it comes off from basically every part of your body? You know what they say: When in doubt, add bodily growth. :smalltongue:

Best used as victim pieces rather than encounters, though.

Libra: Really no idea.

They lose all human emotion and become golemlike servants/killers. Serving some unknown form of "justice".

Scorpio: Poison and toxic stings.

Yep, easy.

Or, another classic is just being infested with lots and lots of small scorpions.

Sagittarius: Horse like body and bone control, he can control his bones to form a bow and arrows.

Yeah, could launch fingerbones or spines from their back, even.

Capricorn: A man, goat and fish hybrid just begging to be killed.

Okay.

Aquarius: Eyes all around his body and costantly crying.

Nice.

Alternatively, normal people just leaking fluids from everywhere, constantly.

Pisces: His body is covered in scales.

Yep, easy Lovecraftian solution.

So any ideas or tips on what is working, what is not, help with the ones I have no idea, sugestions or stuff like that?

Thanks.

I like creative threads like these. Anyway, comments in red.

JamesVail
2018-04-24, 03:37 AM
Libra could be judge, jury, and executioner. Many limbs, each wielding various torture and execution devices. The top-most limbs hold weighing scales in a divine-like pose.

ZamielVanWeber
2018-04-24, 05:59 AM
Libra: they look normal at first glance, except they are perfectly symmetrical. They are obsessed with some strange form of balance and will permit nothing to stop them from executing it.

Corneel
2018-04-24, 06:50 AM
For Virgo: Living Doll (Barbie-like anatomy).

Concrete
2018-04-24, 10:10 AM
If you're gonna have scorpio have a stinger, have his spinal column just grow crazy long and thick, forcing him to crawl in constant pain.

And for cancer, you can just have the shell growing from hardened skin all over his body, his hands becoming lumps of chitin, and instead of having him walk chitin, have him stumble from side to side, possibly charging at the PC's though a narrow corridor, crashing into walls a he barrels at them, making weird bubbling, gargling noises as his lungs are filling up with liquid.

Arbane
2018-04-24, 04:50 PM
Orion35 on DeviantArt has you covered. (no direct link, because humanoid female nudity)

Aquarius
https://img00.deviantart.net/56ce/i/2014/316/e/8/aquarius_by_orion35-d8660ps.jpg
Scorpio
https://orig00.deviantart.net/32e3/f/2014/316/3/3/scorpio_by_orion35-d8660hc.jpg
Libra
https://orig00.deviantart.net/371f/f/2014/309/3/2/libra_by_orion35-d85e6zd.jpg
Gemini
https://orig00.deviantart.net/eec4/f/2014/278/4/d/gemini_by_orion35-d81ofkm.jpg

S@tanicoaldo
2018-04-24, 06:50 PM
Orion35 on DeviantArt has you covered. (no direct link, because humanoid female nudity)

Aquarius
https://img00.deviantart.net/56ce/i/2014/316/e/8/aquarius_by_orion35-d8660ps.jpg
Scorpio
https://orig00.deviantart.net/32e3/f/2014/316/3/3/scorpio_by_orion35-d8660hc.jpg
Libra
https://orig00.deviantart.net/371f/f/2014/309/3/2/libra_by_orion35-d85e6zd.jpg
Gemini
https://orig00.deviantart.net/eec4/f/2014/278/4/d/gemini_by_orion35-d81ofkm.jpg

They look great but they're too visual, I need something that would work in a description form and they also need to be more human like.

GentlemanVoodoo
2018-04-25, 11:51 AM
I would suggest to google the 13th street horrorscope shorts. You will get plenty of visual ideas from these.

Segev
2018-04-25, 01:53 PM
Are these meant to be unique individuals who ARE fragments of evil magic, or are they meant to be normal people who get powers FROM fragments of magic? And, in the latter case, is there one per Zodiac sign, or are there 12 "classes" and a number of victims/beneficiaries of each type? Assuming that last, do two Aries both have the same mutations, or might they manifest differently?

Given that it's playing horror with the Zodiac and astrology, I'd have the Astral Realm be important. With horrors dwelling there, and with astral projection being a "thing" that, perhaps, anybody can learn to do. In light of this, the Gemini twin is not physical. It is bound by the silver cord to the human sibling, and has a drawback of never allowing the sibling to astrally project. But the sibling is vulnerable because anything done to the astral twin can be used to impact him. On the other hand, the astral sibling is in telepathic contact, and can spy for the human sibling, and also derives - by drawing on the human's physical energy reserves - ability to act in the physical world. It would look like telekinesis or a poltergeist.

Those with the power of Cancer can see the astral form of illnesses and disease, clinging and pulsating in the auras of others. With effort and skill, they can antagonize or cajole such things to leave their victims, though the physical appearance of this may be horrific. They are, themselves, bearers of numerous plagues, including several kinds of, well, cancer, each of which appears as a crab in his aura. Their magic protects them, however, from the ill effects, making them Typhoid Marys of the worst sort: the sort who can pick and choose just which diseases to give to you, personally. Even if some of their pets wander off on their own to breed from time to time.

Leos are overt pyrokinetics with standard "fire mage" brashness, and that gives them a magnetic personality. People want to bask in their warmth, to the point it can become addictive, and ignoring that their own astral substance (and real wealth) is being consumed. But they're also narcissists, and literally start to wither and wane without a narcissistic supply.

Aries can be confused with Leos, unless one can see the astral auras (Leos have the mane of fire; Aries have demonic/ram's horns), but the forcefulness of the Aries is not brashness so much as (overweening) confidence. And they're not as inherently likable, but they have a tendency to sweep people up in the enthusiasm of a project or ... activity. Their magical talents destroy obstacles, spiritually and physically, and ensure that things start, often by clearing out the old to make room for the new. But they are usually off on their next project long before the creation has been done, leaving only destruction and unsupported projects with enthusiastic participants disappointedly sitting in the ruins.

(I can tell by that last one that I'm running out of steam on this, as the ideas are becoming forced. Sorry. I'll stop here.)