PDA

View Full Version : Animated weapons and armor

Sigreid
2018-04-23, 02:42 PM
I'm looking for input on what it would cost in time and money to create animated armor, weapons and helmed horrors. What do you all think?

Ryunosuke
2018-04-23, 03:01 PM
If you use Downtime rules for your sessions then general rules for players crafting their own magic items with downtime exists already with requirements based on the rarity of the gear. It’s in Xanathar’s iirc.

Only one I remover off the top of t head is 40 Downtime and 500 gold at lv 3 to make uncommon items

Sigreid
2018-04-23, 03:07 PM
Yeah, thanks. I was aware of that. I guess I should have been more clear I'd like input on the rarity so they can be made to defend the players home.

Unoriginal
2018-04-23, 03:14 PM
I'm looking for input on what it would cost in time and money to create animated armor, weapons and helmed horrors. What do you all think?

Helmed Horrors probably require ressources similar to a Golem Manual.

Animated Weapons are cheap enough for pirates to use around half a dozen of them as security measure for their treasure, in one module, so I'd say they're slightly more costly than Common magic items.

For the animated armor, well, it requires you to have a 1500gp plate armor in the first place. Otherwise, I'd probably rule them like Uncommon or rare magic items for the crafting.

If you use Downtime rules for your sessions then general rules for players crafting their own magic items with downtime exists already with requirements based on the rarity of the gear. It’s in Xanathar’s iirc.

Only one I remover off the top of t head is 40 Downtime and 500 gold at lv 3 to make uncommon items

What.

You can be of any level when you craft magic items. You don't even need spells or the like.