PDA

View Full Version : Roy Looks... Naked...

Squark
2007-09-03, 11:21 AM
Not litterally. But without the crown, he just looks so... bland. I mean, Elan, Durkon, Varsivus and Belkar all have much more detailed aperances than he, or haley, for that matter. I just think It would look better if Roy got some new amulet, and Haley got... Something.

dish
2007-09-03, 11:44 AM
Isn't the lack of crown just a stark reminder of how badly Roy failed, and thus, the impetus for him to return (when/if he's been rezz'd) to complete the oath with renewed vigour?

Also, Haley does have something. She has Celia's talisman hanging off her waist. I think it looks rather cool.

Seeker
2007-09-03, 12:00 PM
Roy...? NAKED?

*scampers off to House of Horrors thread.*

Squark
2007-09-03, 12:09 PM
I meant normally for haley. But even with the crown, roy is somewhat lacking in detail.

mause
2007-09-03, 12:10 PM
it is not the crow....
is the sword :smallwink:

Kobold
2007-09-03, 03:16 PM
Mause, how about you hop on over to a forum that appreciates your perverse comments?

I agree, I would really like Roy to get some cool armor or amulet or SOMETHING. Maybe a pinky ring! :smalltongue:

Elfanatic
2007-09-03, 03:45 PM
I agree, I would really like Roy to get some cool armor or amulet or SOMETHING. Maybe a pinky ring! :smalltongue:

He is a stickfigure, the only time he has a pinky is when there is a close-up.:smalltongue:

But yeah, Roy needs something. Perhaps a cloak made from three different dragons he defeated? Or would some bathslippers made from Redcloak's hide be better?

mause
2007-09-03, 05:20 PM
Mause, how about you hop on over to a forum that appreciates your perverse comments?

well i'm sorry, so sorry if i bother you with this joke
won't happen again
sorry

explanetpluto
2007-09-03, 05:29 PM
Roy needs some spiked armor.

TheGrimace
2007-09-03, 06:09 PM

I didn't even understand the fellow...
I would never had read perverse intentions, were it not for the wink at the end.

Calamity
2007-09-04, 01:32 AM
I think he looks 'naked' as you say, because he doesn't have his sword OR the crown. This has only happened in 2 or 3 strips before, so you didn't notice it.

the_tick_rules
2007-09-04, 01:51 AM
i wonder what kinda armor roy has, looks like breastplate to me.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-04, 03:45 AM
For a second i thought i was going to be emotionally scarred for life.

*Shudders

Squark
2007-09-04, 05:28 PM
Sorry, but... It got your attention...

StickMan
2007-09-04, 06:30 PM
Roy could use some more armor or something he looks like he is just wearing some shoulder pads and a T-shirt. And it is odd seeing him with out the sword.

Pajama Shark
2007-09-04, 08:13 PM
He should have a pake. A pie-cake. Wow, I'm a genius, I'ma gonna go whip up some pie-cakes!
...Wait, I can't cook. Nor do I have a whip.

Setra
2007-09-04, 08:36 PM
i wonder what kinda armor roy has, looks like breastplate to me.
I thought it was banded mail or something.

Spiky
2007-09-04, 11:40 PM

Perverse though the intent may have been, he is correct. The real missing item is Roy's sword. (the starmetal one :smallwink:) That makes him look strange, not even like himself. Although the frown in the last panel helped. :smile:

kpenguin
2007-09-04, 11:52 PM
Perverse though the intent may have been, he is correct. The real missing item is Roy's sword. (the starmetal one :smallwink:) That makes him look strange, not even like himself. Although the frown in the last panel helped. :smile:

Indeed, the crown wasn't even there for over a hundred strips. Roy looks fine without the crown. He just needs his ancestral blade.

Gri
2007-09-05, 01:22 AM

How about you go back to the Christ-loves-all forum where your prudish comments are appreciated? :smallconfused:

kukn
2007-09-05, 05:49 AM
Roy's relatively plain look highlights the fact that, despite 'only' being a fighter, he isn't just a walking armoury that hits things, but rather an intelligent and capable leader. That's what I like about Roy.

JasonDoomsblade
2007-09-05, 06:59 PM
Indeed, the crown wasn't even there for over a hundred strips. Roy looks fine without the crown. He just needs his ancestral blade.

Heh. Ancestral is a funny word. I'm gonna use that in my next Scrabble game.

Ecalsneerg
2007-09-06, 04:10 AM
How about you go back to the Christ-loves-all forum where your prudish comments are appreciated? :smallconfused:

IMo, calling him prudish was necessary. Perhaps not " Christ-loves-all". Bit below the belt.

Squark
2007-09-06, 06:40 AM
Heh. Ancestral is a funny word. I'm gonna use that in my next Scrabble game.

Good luck finding the word tiles.

RobbyPants
2007-09-06, 08:23 AM
it is not the crow....
is the sword :smallwink:
I thought V was the one with the crow, er, raven :smalltongue:

But back on topic, I think the wierdest thing about Roy is the lack of his sword. It's his namesake!

Jewel Thief
2007-09-07, 03:15 PM
I really hope Roy doesn't wear the talisman around his neck. That'd really be great: Roy, a crown hanging from around his neck, to Roy, a necklace of a cute little blue star around his neck. Oooh, scary.

mause
2007-09-07, 07:36 PM
I really hope Roy doesn't wear the talisman around his neck. That'd really be great: Roy, a crown hanging from around his neck, to Roy, a necklace of a cute little blue star around his neck. Oooh, scary.

ha ha ha you are SO right
I think Halley will break it in no more than 20 strips

JasonDoomsblade
2007-09-07, 08:06 PM
Who wears a crown around thier neck? I've been wondering that since strip 120. Sure its evil and all, but if Roy wore it, what could really happen?

boomwolf
2007-09-07, 08:26 PM
he thought it was :xykon: tooth.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0112.html

panel 2

Spiky
2007-09-08, 12:30 AM

Actually, this forum is rather prudish. You could try reading the rules.

This is, of course, ironically in stark contrast to the comic itself.