PDA

View Full Version : Living spell "grafts"

Uncle Pine
2018-04-23, 03:03 PM
I was searching the boards a bit earlier and happened to stumble upon this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?521850-Living-Spells-as-Grafts) which in turn made me wonder why would anyone go his way to homebrew living spell grafts when the simbiotic creature template exists... which made me check the template and realise it can only be applied to animals, humanoids, plants, and vermins.

Therefore I come to the playground and ask: is there a cleaner way than using a greenbound (insert as many Return to Nature castings as necessary to reach the correct size here) half-troll half-dragon living spell to get a living spell to qualify for the simbiotic template?

Zombulian
2018-04-23, 03:16 PM
I was searching the boards a bit earlier and happened to stumble upon this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?521850-Living-Spells-as-Grafts) which in turn made me wonder why would anyone go his way to homebrew living spell grafts when the simbiotic creature template exists... which made me check the template and realise it can only be applied to animals, humanoids, plants, and vermins.

Therefore I come to the playground and ask: is there a cleaner way than using a greenbound (insert as many Return to Nature castings as necessary to reach the correct size here) half-troll half-dragon living spell to get a living spell to qualify for the simbiotic template?

Hmmm Skin of Proteus? Aspect of the Wolf?

Uncle Pine
2018-04-23, 03:55 PM
Hmmm Skin of Proteus? Aspect of the Wolf?

Those aren't living spell. Living spell is a template from Eberron Campaign Setting (as well as MMIII) that can turn spells into oozes.

daremetoidareyo
2018-04-23, 04:01 PM
If you cast aspect of the wolf on your ooze, it becomes the animal type and is eligible for the symbiotic template.

Zombulian
2018-04-23, 04:14 PM
Those aren't living spell. Living spell is a template from Eberron Campaign Setting (as well as MMIII) that can turn spells into oozes.

If you cast aspect of the wolf on your ooze, it becomes the animal type and is eligible for the symbiotic template.

^ this is what I meant.

Uncle Pine
2018-04-23, 04:41 PM

^ this is what I meant.

Oh. OH. Now THAT'S something one can work with. Thanks a lot. :smallamused: