PDA

View Full Version : Making Spyro in Dnd

A Fat Dragon
2018-04-23, 08:27 PM
As of late, I’ve wanted to make a PC based off of Spyro. Homebrew is allowed, and I’d like some help going about abilities and such.

I’ve already worked out some things, such as his Glide, his Charge Attack, and his breath attack, along with some rough staring and such, but what else is needed? I have him with water breathing, and swim speed, but what else does Spyro have in the games? It’s been a while since I looked at them, so I forget most of everything (I apologize).

gloryblaze
2018-04-23, 09:28 PM
Going based off The Legend of Spyro, you'd probably want to just go dragonborn Draconic Sorcerer to 20 (or at least 17). Pick up Dragon Wings (from UA) and Dragon Hide (from Xanathar's) as feats.

-Flight - Dragon Wings simulates double jumps and gliding well with the low but always on flight speed. The free-flying segments in the first two games (or the always-on free flight in Dawn of the Dragon) can be represented by the Fly spell.
-Claw and horn attacks can be represented by the unarmed strike option from Dragon Hide.
-Fire breath can be represented by Burning Hands, Fireball, etc. The Fire Fury is probably Meteor Swarm.
-Lightning Breath is Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning is the Lightning Fury.
-Ice Knife, Sleet Storm, and Ice Storm can all be ice breath. Cone of Cold is probably the Ice Fury.
-Erupting Earth, Stoneskin, Wall of Stone, Wall of Stone, and Investiture of Stone can represent Spyro's grab bag of Earth powers. Earthquake is definitely the Earth Fury.
-Disintegrate is probably the best representation of Convexity Breath/Aether Breath. The Convexity/Aether Fury might be either Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting, Psychic Scream, or Power Word: Kill. Or just Disintegrate upcast to 9th level, tbh, based on what it did to Gaul.
-Time Stop is easily the best (and only) way to represent Dragon Time.