PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Half Vampire race and feats (damphir) 5e

Nergalus
2018-04-24, 01:05 AM
Hi fellas, Im using this Damphir race https://dnd-5e-homebrew.tumblr.com/post/134149891502/dhampir-race as a base, as you can see, there are Alternatives for Strength, charisma and intelligence. I made one option for Dex based characters

Reaperblood

Your Dexterity Skill is increased by 1

Predatory nimbleness
You can use a bonus action to spend One hit die and ad the result to a Athletics or acrobatics check

Primal Stalker: you gain proficiency in one of the following: athletics, acrobatics, stealth and survival.

Now these are a few feats based on powers of the monster manual vampire ( I found these on a wiki), since they are for a full vampire race (from that wiki) I wanted to tone them down for a half breed

Shapechanger (Feat)
If you aren't in sunlight or running water, you can use your action to polymorph into a bat(MM p. 318), or starting 11th level, a giant bat(MM p. 323). You can also turn into a medium cloud of mist, or back into your true form at will.

You cannot talk or cast spells while in bat form, however you can still use your vampire bite ability. All of your stats remain the same except for speed and flying speed. A tiny bat has a base speed of 5 ft. and flying speed of 30 ft. A giant bat has a base speed of 10 ft. and flying speed of 60 ft.

You can also transform into mist form as an action or transform back to your humanoid form at the end of your turn if you wish.

(This one I dont find it too bad) although for my taste I would like to change the giant bat form into a medium swarm of bats? just for coolness factor :D

Animating Bite (Feat)
Your fangs produce an animating non-toxic venom that animates corpses. If a humanoid dies after it has been bitten, it will rise on midnight as a zombie and will take simple commands from you. You may have up to four zombies under your control through this method at a time, and you can choose which corpses fall under your control. Other corpses which rise that are not under your control are hostile towards you and others.

At 18th level, your bite may raise vampire spawns instead of zombies. You may have up to two vampire spawns under your control through this method at any time.

This seems too strong, maybe just the first part but with 1 zombie at lvl 9th or 11th and skip on the vampire spawns altogether

Children of the Night (Feat)
As an action, you may magically call 2 (1d4) swarms of bats(MM p. 337) or rats(MM p. 339), provided the sun isn't up. While outdoors, you can call 3 (1d6) wolves(MM p. 341) instead. The called creatures arrive in 1d4 rounds, acting as your allies and obeying your spoken commands. The beasts remain for 1 hour, and can be dismissed as a bonus action. You may not call on more than one swarm at any time.

I kind of like this one as it is, But again, looking for something balanced I am a Pc not a monster NPC

Unnatural Charm (Feat)
As an action, you can target one humanoid you can see within 30 feet. If the target can see you, it must succeed a Wisdom saving throw against 8 + your proficiency level + your Charisma modifier, or be charmed. The charmed target regards you as a trusted friend to be heeded and protected. Although the target isn't under your direct control, it takes your requests or actions in the most favorable way it can, and it is a willing target for your bite attack.

Each time you or one of your companions do anything harmful to the target, it can repeat the saving throw, ending the effect on itself on a success. Otherwise, the effect lasts for 24 hours, until you are destroyed, until you on a different plane of existence than the target, or if you take a bonus action to end the effect.

Again, too strong, I as thinking perhaps not charmed, but the equivalent of a friends spell? without the Hostility maybe?

My apologies for the long post, thanks in advance for any imput/help

Cheerio