PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Prestige Class 3.5

Climowitz
2018-04-24, 03:47 AM
I would like to ask for a 10 levels prestige class with requirements Leadership and Artificer related skills or feat. And it should be a prestige built around the idea of heavy machinery and using it along with a crew. Adding ballista, siege engines or magic items/machines. Also should allow infusions progression and craft points to use to build the machine.

aimlessPolymath
2018-04-24, 02:01 PM
A quick draft. I could not come up with ideas for the full 10 levels, so this is 5 levels.

Arcane Siegemaster

Requirements:
-Ability to use 3rd level Infusions
-Leadership feat
-Expert Siege Engineer feat

Craft Reserve/Infusions
When a new arcane siegemaster level(except for level 1) is gained, the character gains new infusions per day and craft reserve as though they had gained a level in a chosen infusion-using class they possess.

Arcane Ammunition(Su):
An arcane siegemaster is capable of extracting the power from wands and converting them into siege ammunition. This process requires an hour per piece of ammunition, and expends one charge from the wand per piece of ammunition affected; this cost cannot be replaced or avoided using a class feature or feat. When the ammunition is fired, the spell from the wand is expended on impact:
-If it is a single target spell, it affects the target or targets struck by the projectile
-If it is a spell with a symmetrical area (such as a sphere, cloud or burst), it is centered the struck target's square.
-If it is a spell with an asymmetrical area (such as a line or cone), it begins from the struck target's square, and is aimed directly away from the siege weapon.
-If it is a spell with a specific number of target creatures or squares, they are the closest possible target creatures or areas without overlap, in a roughly circular or spherical shape.
A piece of ammunition can only be enhanced once in this way.

Siege Commander(Ex):
As a standard action, an arcane siegemaster of 3rd level or higher may direct fire for a particular class of siege weapons: Light catapult, Heavy Catapult, Ram, or Ballista. They then choose a particular square(for a catapult) or target (for a ballista or ram). All attack rolls made against the chosen target made using the chosen class of weapon by those that can hear the siegemaster gain a +4 insight bonus for one minute.

Arcane Siege(Su):
At 5th level, an arcane siegemaster counts as a full crew when manning a siege weapon, no matter its size; suffers no size penalties when operating it; may load it as a single full-round action; and adds Animate Siege Weapon(heroes of battle) to their infusion list as a 5th level infusion.

The real goodies are at level 1, to be honest. If you have any specific feature requests, please let me know.

jqavins
2018-04-24, 02:03 PM
I'm not in a position to create this, but I have a thought to throw in. Since 3.5e doesn't have craft points (at least not in the basic books) why not just include bonus skill ranks in Craft (siege engine), Craft (large weapon) and/or Knowledge (mechanics)? Something along the lines of:

Level

Benefit

Bonus rank, Craft (large weapons) or Craft (siege engines)1

Bonus rank, Knowledge (mechanics)2

Bonus rank, Craft (large weapons) or Craft (siege engines)

Bonus rank, Knowledge (mechanics)

(1) At each odd level, the character chooses one of these skills. Bonus ranks may exceed the normal limit on skill ranks by level.

(2) Bonus ranks may exceed the normal limit on skill ranks by level.

Obviously, all of these would be class skills. There should also be a new (I think) skill in the use of these weapons. Don't forget that targeting a shot from a big catapult, trebuchet, or the like is something of an art. Bonus ranks in this? Maybe.