PDA

View Full Version : Effigy making

MaxMAnAtArms
2018-04-24, 10:21 AM
Im trying to make a Half gaint Effigy. But im wanting to make sure im reading the book and template correctly. First off the Char Abililts are going to be

Str (+ 4 Str)
Dex (- 2 Dex)
Con --
Int --
Wis 11
Cha 1

My question is do I just look up the stats in monster manual for "basic" stats and use those?

Then after that what weapons/Armor can it use? Does it need to be "taught" or do I got to find a Race that give the weapon/Armor skills trained from the start?
Nvm i just found it "An effigy retains all the natural attacks and weapon proficiencies of the base creature"

Mh.. that being said anyone know of a humaniod/monsters humaniod who knows how to use 2 handed maces and wear heavy armor by an off chance? Possible with the large frame/Powerful Build?

Falontani
2018-04-24, 06:02 PM
Feral Reptilian Goliath/Dungeonbred Dire Tortoise Paragon Effigy
Size/Type: Large Construct
Hit Dice: 15d10+210 (300 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 90 ft., 60 ft Burrow (18 squares)
Armor Class: 58 (+12 Insight, +12 Luck, +20 Natural, +4 Dex), touch 38, flat-footed 54
Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+29
Attack: Claw +50 melee (2d8+38)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +50 (2d8+38)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Trample, Lightning Strike, Improved Grab, Pounce, Rend, Rake
Special Qualities: Fast Healing 20, 10 Fire and Cold Resistance, Spell Resistance 39, DR 20/Epic
Saves: Fort +15, Ref +19, Will +15
Abilities: Str 47, Dex 19, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 1
Skills: -
Feats: Improved Natural Attack Claw(B)
Challenge Rating: 29

Improved Grab (EX): If a feral creature hits an opponent that is at least one size category smaller than itself with a claw attack, it deals normal damage and attempts to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it gets a hold, it can rake if it has that ability (see below). Alternatively, it has the option to conduct the grapple normally, or simply use its claw to hold the opponent (–20 penalty on grapple check, but the feral creature is not considered grappled). In either case, each successful grapple check it makes during successive rounds automatically deals claw damage. See the Monster Manual for additional rules.
Pounce (Ex): If a feral creature leaps upon a foe during the first round of combat, it can make a full attack even though it has already moved.
Rake (Ex): When this thing gets a hold it can make two rake attacks at +50 with its hind legs. Each successful attack does 2d8+42. If the feral creature pounces on an opponent, it can also rake.
Rend (Ex): A feral creature that hits with both claw attacks latches onto the opponent's body and tears the flesh. This automatically deals 4d8+69 damage.
Trample (Ex): As a full-round action, this creature with this special attack can move up to 180 ft and literally run over any opponents of Medium size or smaller. The creature merely has to move over the opponents in its path; any creature whose space is completely covered by the trampling creature’s space is subject to the trample attack.
If a target’s space is larger than 5 feet, it is only considered trampled if the trampling creature moves over all the squares it occupies. If the trampling creature moves over only some of a target’s space, the target can make an attack of opportunity against the trampling creature at a –4 penalty. A trampling creature that accidentally ends its movement in an illegal space returns to the last legal position it occupied, or the closest legal position, if there’s a legal position that’s closer. A trample attack deals bludgeoning damage (4d8 + 63). Trampled opponents can attempt attacks of opportunity, but these take a –4 penalty. If they do not make attacks of opportunity, trampled opponents can attempt Reflex saves to take half damage. The save DC against a creature’s trample attack is 67. A trampling creature can only deal trampling damage to each target once per round, no matter how many times its movement takes it over a target creature.
Lightning Strike (Ex): This creature can lash out very rapidly. On the first round of combat, it gets a surprise round regardless of whether it has been noticed. A creature that notices this creature is still treated as flat-footed during this round.
Powerful Build: The physical stature of a goliath lets him function in many ways as if he were one size category larger. Whenever a goliath is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the goliath is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A goliath is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A goliath can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.

I dont know if this works for what you want it to, but it was a monstrous humanoid!

MaxMAnAtArms
2018-04-24, 06:42 PM
I think i brought that to my game. My dm would make me eat one of the D&D books. lol.

Looks absolutely awesome but i don't think i can swing it.

Thank you tho

Falontani
2018-04-24, 06:57 PM
I think i brought that to my game. My dm would make me eat one of the D&D books. lol.

Looks absolutely awesome but i don't think i can swing it.

Thank you tho

that out of the way, is there something a little more.. realistic that you would like?

MaxMAnAtArms
2018-04-25, 04:22 AM
From what I can see since I want the "Person/creature" body guard to be able to follow me. I was thinking doing a War troll from (mm3) But create it as a M if possible. (not 100% sure if im even able to do that or if it would have to be a L) And see if my DM will let me have his weapon proficny be Simple and martial like the normal Trolls. And give him a Medium Maul or mace weapon with Mighty wallop greater permantly enchanted on it for him or casted on to it with permancy at the beging of the day so i can null it if I have to. So he can hit like a "mountain" And still have him sitting around in Heavy mythirl or something so it counts as Medium since Wartroll has Breastplate in his base stat which would mean he knows medium armor useage.

For templates
I was thinking Simple ish?
Draconic to bump his Str up or even half dragon as Medium char so his wings dont make him a magnet for attention
Since I cant add anything that would bump his HD up i think. unless i am mistaken.

Im still trying to understand effigy "making" atm. My brain is a bit derpy.

Falontani
2018-04-25, 08:04 AM
Alright, I'll take a crack at it again in a bit. However something that I would ask your dm: can you adjust an effigy's size. By raw you just use the base creature. However I made a fun encounter with effigies, by down sizing a group of effigies down to small, tiny, and diminutive. They were dolls for the effigy maker's daughter with the command: protect and entertain her. She had a tiny stuffed Dragon. And for a 20 hd creature (because I wanted a legit Dragon) unless you count power attack, the Dragon was adorably weak. The size adjustments are in monster manual 1 around page 290. It lowers the str of the creature each size category, drops some natural armor, lowers weapon size.
It's really quite balanced for effigies going down size categories. I personally would allow it for my players to adjust downwards.

MaxMAnAtArms
2018-04-25, 06:04 PM
If its base dm will want base. I'm not overly worried as a caster I do something to adjust size or use items to change em. I think before someone had suggested using a Mi that was collar something to change its size.

I just want it sturdy as I plan on decking it out with some anti disintegrate to keep it from going instant poof.