PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Terror?

Kaelaroth
2007-09-03, 02:57 PM
This was inspired by the Unusual Humour thread.

However what I want to know, is there anything strange, thereby potentially un-terrible, that makes you curl up behind your cushion and scream for your parents?

A brief selection of mine:
1. Clowns
2. Polystyrene
3. HP Sauce

And yours?

LCR
2007-09-03, 02:58 PM
Flavour of Love.

Jibar
2007-09-03, 03:00 PM
Butterflies.
They are the one single thing amongst my maaaaaaaany fears, that I cannot explain, but should a butterfly come anywhere near me I will freak out, big time.
Not freak out as in "Ahh, ewww, get it away get it away" like people do with bees, freak out as in I will get up and run.

PlatinumJester
2007-09-03, 03:01 PM
Gimble.
Tramps.
Dogs.

Even if Gimble is removed in 4.0 he shall return in your nightmares.

Vaynor
2007-09-03, 03:05 PM
Bees. I've been stung countless times, I think they're all on a vendetta to kill me.

I can't stand bees being near me, and will get up and walk away if they're in the area.

Em Blackleaf
2007-09-03, 03:12 PM
Butterflies.
They are the one single thing amongst my maaaaaaaany fears, that I cannot explain, but should a butterfly come anywhere near me I will freak out, big time.
Not freak out as in "Ahh, ewww, get it away get it away" like people do with bees, freak out as in I will get up and run.

Is there a reason for this?

For me?
Clowns; they don't make me scream or hide behind a pillow, but the idea of a grown man with a bunch of make up on, constantly around small children, is kinda creepy. (No offense to The Clown).

PlatinumJester
2007-09-03, 03:16 PM
Turkies. Those birds are just a bunch of wankers.

When I was 4, me and my friends went to visit a farm. Of course seeing a big black bird with a face that looked like it had been melted and big wings that scraped the ground, scared us. However my mum bought us some bird seed to give to the birds and unfortunately at that moment 8 turkies mobbed me.

wadledo
2007-09-03, 03:31 PM
Lovebirds.
They plot our downfall. That's why they always come in pairs, so they can confer with their brethren about our destruction.
And seeds.

rubakhin
2007-09-03, 03:46 PM
This is about the gayest thing ever, but the ballet Petrushka freaks me out. My Ukrainian great-grandmother had gone to the Ballets Russes a lot, and she'd tell me the stories of the ballets as fairy tales. Petrushka was the major fear of my childhood. But how could you blame me? It's an evil undead dismembered ghost puppet! (The Ballets Russes were apparently what they had before schlocky horror films.)

Even the ballet itself is messed up. Look at this! Puppets twitching around like epileptics! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=vKwe1Eka9Ek) Yuck.

Binary Stars
2007-09-03, 03:54 PM
Most kinds of anthropods(Or is it arthropods?), some varieties of plants and plant-like marine animals, and meteor showers. What the hell... :smalleek:

Ceres
2007-09-03, 04:01 PM
Porcelain. Ewww porcelain :smalleek:

Meh, not really. I've got balls of steel :smalltongue:

Sewer_Bandito
2007-09-03, 04:20 PM
High School Musical.

13_CBS
2007-09-03, 04:21 PM
Insects, arthropods (like spiders and such), their larvae...if it has less than two legs or more than four, no thanks.

I'm also quite terrified of failure, which might explain why I tend to use cheat codes in video games...

ForzaFiori
2007-09-03, 04:25 PM
SPIDERS. I hate the little buggers.

Setra
2007-09-03, 04:41 PM
Anything that flies.

Bees especially, but also

Wasps, Fireflies, Butteflies, Moths, Pigeons, Hummingbirds.

Also, Barnacles from Half-Life 2.

Zar Peter
2007-09-03, 04:45 PM
Flying ants invading a picnic.

And shopping malls on an saturday, that's horror!

Em Blackleaf
2007-09-03, 04:46 PM
High School Musical.

Haha.
But, that's not unusual terror! :smalltongue:

Ashtar
2007-09-03, 04:51 PM
Well...

Opticians.

Yuck!

Dihan
2007-09-03, 05:04 PM
My fears: Clowns, wasps, moths, butterflies, spiders and puppets.

Cruxador
2007-09-03, 05:44 PM
Small furry things, like the sort you can get at a pet store. anything smaller than a rabbit bugs me,
Also, needles, but I don't know if that's unusual.

Evil_Pacifist
2007-09-03, 05:55 PM
Being tickled. It's terrible. Much worse than pain. Much worse. *Shudder*

StickMan
2007-09-03, 06:21 PM
High School Musical.

I second very scary that movie its a night mare they keep playing over and over.

Orzel
2007-09-03, 06:27 PM
Western Canada

*hides under bed*

Sewer_Bandito
2007-09-03, 07:41 PM
I second very scary that movie its a night mare they keep playing over and over.

Tell me about it. Although it's not so much the movie itself that scares me, it's the cult that it has created that I find terrifying. I sweat, there's a demonic cult that worships the movie in my neighborhood. The night of High School Musical 2, the small girls up my street dressed up in formal attire, set up a red carpet, and watched the movie together. I think they have a secret alter in there where they worship Zack Effron. I hid under my bed for fear of becoming a blood sacrifice.

Setra
2007-09-03, 07:45 PM
Being tickled. It's terrible. Much worse than pain. Much worse. *Shudder*
In ancient times tickling was used as a torture.

Logic
2007-09-03, 08:07 PM
Spiders, and touching insects and arthropods. (Ladybugs are an exception.)

Sucrose
2007-09-03, 08:21 PM
The concept of eternity. I don't know why, but I can't stand the thought of everything never ending. Yet, I don't want everything to stop either...I spend a lot of time playing video games not to think about it.

Eladrinstar
2007-09-03, 08:29 PM
Murky water.

Clowns.

Rap.

Naruto.

Yiel
2007-09-03, 08:34 PM
The sound of shattering glass or crockery always shakes me up. Which is strange considering I have worked both as a bartender and a kitchen-hand (read: glorified dishwasher).

I have a friend who is terrified of moths and caterpillars, Jibar. He lives in Sussex so you two should meet up and invent a zapper for members of the Lepidoptera family.

Omniplex
2007-09-03, 10:03 PM
I second clowns, but for me, that extends to, or rather from, my fear of tattoos, face paint, writing on skin, and anything else of that nature. I get nauseous just looking at such things, and I wouldn't even think of anything like that on me. it's totally irrational, and I don't even know why, but it's just something that bothers me.
I also have a somewhat malicious and sadistic attitude toward insects. Not that I torture them or anything like that, but I kill them a lot.

Kaelaroth
2007-09-04, 01:52 AM
Western Canada

*hides under bed*

hehe... 'tis quite scary I'll admit.

skywalker
2007-09-04, 02:03 AM
Hmmmm, I fear needles but I don't think that's un-natural, irrational, or unusual, primarily due to the shock response we all have to suppress for injections, the one that says "Hey! HEY YOU! There's a damned piece of metal in us!!! That's NOT supposed to be there!"

I also fear things with more than 6 legs. Scorpions aren't that bad... but all others are. Too many legs, they move weird... And plants, because they can have things with too many legs hiding on them.

Googlywirdo
2007-09-04, 10:07 PM
Germs, I hate germs, I am a BIG germaphobe, exept, not realy, only sometimes. Oh and spiders.

horseboy
2007-09-05, 01:20 AM
3. HP Sauce
And yours?
What's HP Sauce?

Barbers. You go in, like it's death freakin' row. You sit in the big chair. They start trying to strangle you with their evil tissue paper. Hold razor sharp objects by your neck and tell you to remain perfectly still or they'll cut you. Then they take your money. I'm supposed to volunteer for this kind of treatment?!?!?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-05, 01:33 AM
Yatta. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=u9rWFZesV8s) :smalleek:

Castaras
2007-09-05, 02:52 AM
Butterflies. And Moths, to a lesser extent.

I've no idea why, but I can look at a butterfly from a distance, and think "Oooo, pretty", but as soon as it comes near me, I try and get away as quickly as possible...

It's even worse when they come inside the house...:smalleek:

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-05, 03:38 AM
I've mentioned this before: High Jumps.

No, not just jumping up and down. That's easy. I'm talking the athletic sport with the bar thing and the mattress thing and you have to dive over the bar thing.

No idea why, But I don't think that I've successfully completed a (proper) high jump since high school began.

evisiron
2007-09-05, 01:12 PM
Non mosquito parasites, namely ticks.

Burrowing though your flesh to drain blood from your veins = nasty.

Then again, I dont see them much so not too much of a concern.

I would call this unusual because most of them are 'mostly harmless'.

How long before the first Hitchhikers guide reference?

Hannes
2007-09-05, 02:59 PM
I'm terrified of anything except clothes and pretty female beings and some other things touching me. Also afraid of happy lunatics.

Vuzzmop
2007-09-05, 03:24 PM
South Auckland. Other than that, I have no idea, since being killed by a shark probably isn't that unusual, and neither is a fear of large spiders. I have a friend who can't touch cotton buds, and my Grandfather was phobic of small reptiles. Both were really fun to mess with. Why all the clown hating, they're valuable members of the theatre underclass, but for small kids.

Raiser Blade
2007-09-05, 04:26 PM
I fear that sun-baby. You know from that one show.

Em Blackleaf
2007-09-05, 04:31 PM
I fear that sun-baby. You know from that one show.

AHHH! Teletubbies! :smalleek:

Freshmeat
2007-09-05, 05:36 PM
For some reason or another, I'm terrified of food poisoning (accidental, as in drinking sour milk or eating spoilt food).

heretic
2007-09-05, 05:44 PM
I am Fearless. Or at least Ld 10. :smallwink:

Scorpina
2007-09-05, 05:55 PM
I'm kinda scared of dogs, but that's because they have nasty, sharp, pointy teeth... I'm also terrified of pregnancy and/or motherhood, to a degree which I'm told isn't normal...

...more irrationally, um... can't think of anything, really.

Bob_the_Mighty
2007-09-05, 05:55 PM
Most arthropods, especially large beatles, centipids, and milipids. The long-legged or antenied -pids have an alien look that's just creepy.

Scorpina
2007-09-05, 05:57 PM
Most arthropods.

Isn't any creature with jointed legs and arthropod?

Bob_the_Mighty
2007-09-05, 06:01 PM
No, they have to have a segmented body with appendages on each segment. And an excoskeleton, and some other stuff I think.

Brickwall
2007-09-05, 06:44 PM
I used to be scared of bees, but not anymore.

Uhhh...some kinds of facial expressions that are physically impossible for humans give me the willies.

Ceska
2007-09-05, 07:05 PM
Flavour of Love.
That's not unusual though. :smallwink:

I'm just afraid of heights.

Albub
2007-09-05, 08:39 PM
I am terrified of clowns, just thinking about them gives me the Jibblies. Here they come again, the Jibblies... I'm actually not scared of anything else. And it's not like I have no fear, but I can suppress it. Like ays, with spiders, if I'm surprised by one, I'll swat at it, but only if it's on me, and I'm getting better at not doing it (I'm trying to stop needlessly killing bugs and other things... never kill anything unless you'll eat it, because anything but that disrupts natural balance). I can rationalize, like "the worst it can do is bite me, and there are no superpoisonous spiders around here, so I'm good." And dogs is easy, I love dogs. I think if a dog attacked and mauled me, I'd still be pissed if it was put down. It's likely my fault if it attacks me. but clowns are completely irrational, and there's no way I can try and step back and think it through with clowns, they get all up in my grill, and they make me uneasy. I've been less unnerved by ghosts than I have by clowns. Honest to god, like actual ghosts, not people dressed as ghosts. I don't think I can translate through words the abject discomfort I feel at clowns.

Ranis
2007-09-05, 08:58 PM
Blood.

Needles.

Hannes
2007-09-05, 10:04 PM
Also scared of entering schools beside my own D;

SurlySeraph
2007-09-06, 12:51 AM
You know what really gets me? Being poked at regular intervals. After about the 5th poke, even if it's just once a minute or so, I start twitching around and whimpering. And I'm a fairly tough, intimidating person with a really morbid sense of humor. Fighting doesn't scare me. Reading about torture doesn't scare me. Being jabbed lightly in the back does.