PDA

View Full Version : Character help!

Skuxintux
2018-04-25, 10:57 AM
Hey there! I'm really keen on playing a Firbolg Warlock, here's his backstory so far.

Steve (placeholder name) is born in a clan of Firbolg druids who harnesses their powers through a nature deity, he has brought up as a druid. They have adulthood ritual, where boys and girls needed to enter the Feywild to visit the court of the Archfey they were worshipping. When it was his turn to go, things did not go as plan. He was lost in the tricky Feywild on the edge of death, when another Archfey, different to the patron of his community, has proposed to strike a deal with Steve.

Giving him power, in return for his pledge to serve it later down the line. Steve needed to return back to his community but was no means of getting back, so he agrees.

He lies to others about your powers, hence breaking the Code that firbolgs have. Their race despises greed, and because he acceptes powers from another being, Steve was considered greedy.

So he was exiled, now roaming around, looking for ways to return honor to his name in your community, win back the respect of his parents and find a way to repay his patron without dying in the process.

I have no idea who his patron is going to be nor what their relationship is between them. Also, what is his patron's ultimate goal with Steve? Also, what should Steve's background be? And what little quirks, personality traits, etc. should Steve have

Thank you in advance!

Goaty14
2018-04-25, 11:41 AM
I have no idea who his patron is going to be nor what their relationship is between them. Also, what is his patron's ultimate goal with Steve? Also, what should Steve's background be? And what little quirks, personality traits, etc. should Steve have

A: Whatever you feel like it should be, just try not to be overly outlandish. IMO, it's your character, not somebody else's, and YOU will be playing it.

Your choice.