PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Shining Star - Bard/Oracle

Triskavanski
2018-04-26, 10:49 AM
So we're starting up Rappanaga, at level 3, with 15 point buy characters.

So far the DM has banned all occult classes Synthisit summoner, packlord druid, broodmaster summoner and scarred witch doctor.

What I'm looking to do is play a Bard/Oracle possibly, that uses CHA for everything.

Sidestep Secret gives me Cha to AC/Reflex Saves
Kobold Confidence gives me Cha to Fort Saves and I have to go -cha before I die. (sadly doesn't actually give me HP)
Irrepressible gives me Cha to will saves for Mind effecting effects.
Noble Scion gives me Cha to Init
Pageant of the Peacock lets me make a bluff check with a +4 bonus in place of any Int or Int Skill check.
Desna's Star Style gives me Cha to attack/damage when using a star knife in place of Dex/Str.
Versatile Performance gives me Perform Dance in place of Acrobatics/Fly checks. Advanced VPs will let me tie more to Perform Dance.

Any suggestions on how to improve this and get as much as I could fit into the first three levels? (eventually we're suppose to hit level 7 before going into the actual dungeon.)

Near as much as I can figure
Oracle/Bard 1/2 Human

1: Noble Scion 1: Kobold Heritage R: Sidestep Secret T1: Irrepressible T2: Heirloom Weapon (Star Knife)
3: Shooting Star Style VP: Dance

Future upgrades
5: Kobold Confidence (Pageant of the Peacock)

Since HW is pretty crap, I'll have to buy a scroll or something of Masterwork Transformation so my starknife can be MW. But I'd rather find a different way of being prof with it.

Palanan
2018-04-26, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Triskavanski
So we're starting up Rappanaga....

...what is this?

I can't find any reference to it except your post in this thread.

Triskavanski
2018-04-26, 01:03 PM
...what is this?

I can't find any reference to it except your post in this thread.

The frog god games super dungeon thing. I'm likely misspelling it.

Palanan
2018-04-26, 02:40 PM
Ah. You mean Rappan Athuk?

:smallsmile:

Geddy2112
2018-04-29, 08:36 PM
Since you are only dipping oracle for the sidestep secret, consider other mysteries that can grant the same thing with other benefits. Lunar mystery has prophetic armor, which grants the same mechanical benefit that sidestep secret does, but gives survival as a class skill. Nature has natures whispers, which gives CHA to AC and CMD, which can arguably be far more useful than reflex saves, but also grants survival, swim, ride, and fly as class skills.

You can get pageant at level 4 by trading a second level spell if you want it earlier, allowing you to dump INT as well as DEX.

There is really no other way you can get starknife prof without dipping, so heirloom is probably your best bet.