PDA

View Full Version : Spell-like Ability base stat change

Moriik
2018-04-26, 05:59 PM
So i have put my self in a tight spot. Im playing a pixie wizard and my int is 24 and he is alot of fun to play. But the SLA are falling behind usefulness and now only special circumstances do they have a moderate usefulness. I have looked all over for a feat that would change my SLA from charisma to intelligence. But no luck. Any ideas where i can find a feat to do this?

Nifft
2018-04-26, 06:25 PM
Racial SLAs tend to become worth less as your class level improves, and this is doubly true on a Wizard where each level means you've got access to more and more really great spells.

My advice would be to find a way to use your racial SLAs for something other than attacking foes, or just start to ignore them as your class starts to overpower your racial abilities. Can you maybe use them to re-fuel some magic item, or expend an SLA to power a feat or other ability?

Even if you just ignore them, you've still got invisibility, flight, small size, amazing ability scores, and DR / cold iron (which is seldom used by monsters). A Pixie Wizard would be great without any SLAs.

Thurbane
2018-04-26, 06:50 PM
So i have put my self in a tight spot. Im playing a pixie wizard and my int is 24 and he is alot of fun to play. But the SLA are falling behind usefulness and now only special circumstances do they have a moderate usefulness. I have looked all over for a feat that would change my SLA from charisma to intelligence. But no luck. Any ideas where i can find a feat to do this?

From having seen this question and similar several times in the past, I say with some confidence that there is no first party/3.5 way to do this.

Dragon Magazine, Pathfinder or a third party source may have something...

death390
2018-04-26, 09:07 PM
Racial SLAs tend to become worth less as your class level improves, and this is doubly true on a Wizard where each level means you've got access to more and more really great spells.

My advice would be to find a way to use your racial SLAs for something other than attacking foes, or just start to ignore them as your class starts to overpower your racial abilities. Can you maybe use them to re-fuel some magic item, or expend an SLA to power a feat or other ability?

Even if you just ignore them, you've still got invisibility, flight, small size, amazing ability scores, and DR / cold iron (which is seldom used by monsters). A Pixie Wizard would be great without any SLAs.

while i agree with what you said pixie is a great class, wizard would break the cardinal rule "DO NOT LOSE MORE THAN 1 WIZARD LEVEL". :P

Thurbane
2018-04-26, 09:21 PM
The closest I can think of is the 3rd party feat Lost Tradition (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=10203238&postcount=2), but this changes the stat for spells, not SLAs.

Maybe see if your DM would allow a variant of the feat for SLAs?