PDA

View Full Version : Is this Vaarsuvius guy a chick or what?

ag30476
2007-09-03, 06:45 PM
Cuz you know, I'm starting to wonder...

Lira
2007-09-03, 06:46 PM

We don't know. No one knows V's gender.

Studoku
2007-09-03, 06:52 PM
Is it me or is there an identical thread just below this one?

Mad Wizard
2007-09-03, 06:56 PM
Yeah, there is.

ag30476
2007-09-03, 06:57 PM

We don't know. No one knows V's gender.

I know let's ask the OotS. Is V male or female?

:belkar: She's a crazy elf chick.
:roy: V's totally male.
:belkar: What????
:elan: Vaarsuvius is a great guy...er gal...
:haley: Oh come it's obvious.
:durkon: Ach, makes no difference lad. If you ask me all them elves be tree lovers.

ag30476
2007-09-03, 06:58 PM

:mitd: What thread?

Dragon_Keeper
2007-09-03, 08:02 PM
This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55536)

ag30476
2007-09-03, 08:10 PM
This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55536)

:mitd: Wait, what thread? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0106.html)

:mitd: Do the other threads know V's gender? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0431.html)

mockingbyrd7
2007-09-03, 08:24 PM
I know let's ask the OotS. Is V male or female?

:belkar: She's a crazy elf chick.
:roy: V's totally male. I think. Yeah, V's a dude.
:belkar: What????
:elan: Vaarsuvius is a great guy...er gal...or guy... or gal? Vaarsuvius is a great guyl. So there.
:haley: Oh come on it's obvious.
:durkon: Ach, it makes no difference lad. If you ask me all them elves be tree lovers.

Haha, yup. (I fixed a couple things for you, slightly.)

Mugen Nightgale
2007-09-03, 08:32 PM
how many more? sight..

ag30476
2007-09-03, 08:41 PM
Let's ask the other OotS characters...Is V male or female?

:miko: The lack of a clearly defined gender is another example of the elf siding with chaos and evil.

:nale: I don't even know how to get another evil opposite of the elf wizards race and class.

:sabine: That elf is more man than I can handle and more woman than I'll ever be.

:thog: Not-Guild not-Nale not-talky-man not-icky-girl not-dwarf not-not-dwarf not man not woman.

ag30476
2007-09-03, 08:43 PM
how many more? sight..

How many more will bite? You're guess is as good as mine.

Raroy
2007-09-03, 08:58 PM
There should be a rule in which anyone who makes a thread about V's gender should be banned. But of course, as human beings our curiosity and our fear makes us want to label something and give it a state of what it is. Although, gender is not so much of an issue to make a big deal out of it. Well, whatever society says goes.

ag30476
2007-09-03, 09:08 PM
There should be a rule in which anyone who makes a thread about V's gender should be banned.

Agreed!

But of course, as human beings our curiosity and our fear makes us want to label something and give it a state of what it is. Although, gender is not so much of an issue to make a big deal out of it. Well, whatever society says goes.
First we ban V gender threads. Next we ban gender studies all together. Who's with me?

Green Bean
2007-09-03, 09:15 PM
Agreed!

First we ban V gender threads. Next we ban gender studies all together. Who's with me?

I say we go the next step! Let's ban gender! Who needs differentiation anyways? From now on, everyone needs to carry a MitD umbrella, lest we unintentionally reveal whether or not we have Y chromosomes! :smalltongue:

ag30476
2007-09-03, 09:18 PM
I say we go the next step! Let's ban gender! Who needs differentiation anyways? From now on, everyone needs to carry a MitD umbrella, lest we unintentionally reveal whether or not we have Y chromosomes! :smalltongue:

Agreed! I mean there aren't even any rules for gender in D&D anymore.

Raroy
2007-09-03, 09:39 PM
Hiding gender and other things would not bring any progress. Still, it would make some hilariously akward situations.

ag30476
2007-09-03, 09:53 PM
Hiding gender and other things would not bring any progress. Still, it would make some hilariously akward situations.

Progress and hilarity where? In this forum?

mockingbyrd7
2007-09-03, 10:28 PM
Let's ask the other OotS characters...Is V male or female?

:miko: The lack of a clearly defined gender is another example of the elf siding with chaos and evil.

:nale: I don't even know how to get another evil opposite of the elf wizards race and class.

:sabine: That elf is more man than I can handle and more woman than I'll ever be.

:thog: Not-Guild not-Nale not-talky-man not-icky-girl not-dwarf not-not-dwarf not man not woman.

Let's ask Team Evil?

:redcloak: I couldn't tell, I never got a good look at him. Her. It. Elf. Thing. Sir, what gender do you think Vaarsuvius is?
:xykon: Who?
:mitd: Elf? What elf?
:roach: It's called a a running gag, you dummies. And that goes for the forumers too. And I bet they're highlighting this bright, faint color to read it. Yeah, that's right, you just HIGHLIGHTED the fact that you're an idiot.

Or not. :smallbiggrin:

duckie
2007-09-03, 10:31 PM
Man, this is soooo funny!!
And most of the people replying can't actually tell ag(numbersorsomething) is pulling their leg. Oh, wait. I shouldn't have said that, should I?

How many of you didn't actually read the whole thing and thought -so merry and cozy of you all- gee, let's kick this guy's soup, since he's a noob, or something?
Honestly, this "I-don't-have-to-read-this-post-because-I-already-deduced-what-it-is-about-from-simply-seeing-the-title-so-why-not-attack-the-guy-or-ask-for-him-being-banned" is starting to smell. Fishy.
Thank you mister ag(numbersorsomething) for saving this forum from munchkinnes and self-predatory stassi behaviour.

No, really, don't take me serious. At all.

ps: Except for the fishy part. Although it could also be shrimp.

Edited: How do I make the cute OOTS smileys?

Reedited: Oh, gosh. I'm pretty sure there's a topic about OOTS faces/smileys right next to this one.

mockingbyrd7
2007-09-03, 10:34 PM
And most of the people replying can't actually tell ag(numbersorsomething) is pulling their leg. Oh, wait. I shouldn't have said that, should I?

How many of you didn't actually read the whole thing and thought -so merry and cozy of you all- gee, let's kick this guy's soup, since he's a noob, or something?
Honestly, this "I-don't-have-to-read-this-post-because-I-already-deduced-what-it-is-about-from-simply-seeing-the-title-so-why-not-attack-the-guy-or-ask-for-him-being-banned" is starting to smell. Fishy.
Thank you mister ag(numbersorsomething) for saving this forum from munchkinnes and self-predatory stassi behaviour.

Yup. JOKE'S ON YOU, "I-don't-have-to-read-this-post-because-I-already-deduced-what-it-is-about-from-simply-seeing-the-title-so-why-not-attack-the-guy-or-ask-for-him-being-banned" people!

Raistlin1040
2007-09-03, 10:37 PM
Things that should be outlawed topics:

V's Gender. (Aside from V's Gender Debate)
What the MitD is.
Captain Obvious stuff (Nale is Elan backwards ect.)
Error threads (Grammer, Spelling, Artistic on Rich's part)

duckie
2007-09-03, 10:54 PM
I used to think we roleplaying geeks were socially inept but smart.
My mistake.

"Give me your hand if we be friends, and puck will make amends".
(Yep, just trying to sound intelligent here)

Raroy
2007-09-03, 11:06 PM
I knew ag# was joking. I was just playing around. As for flaming, I'm just saying it would really be a good idea to ban people who make multiple copies of a similar thread idea. Lets just have one official thread for v's gender and MITD and what not. I do find it strange these topics pop up at a moronic rate.

Trying to sound intelligent just proves your not intelligent in the first place. You don't need to be fancy to make a point.

dakiwiboid
2007-09-03, 11:26 PM
I'm so disillusioned. See, I thought the question was whether this Vaarsuvius chick was a guy or what, instead of the other way around. :smallbiggrin:

ag30476
2007-09-03, 11:45 PM
I'm so disillusioned. See, I thought the question was whether this Vaarsuvius chick was a guy or what, instead of the other way around. :smallbiggrin:

How's the song go...

Girls who are boys
Who like boys to be girls
Who do boys like they're girls
Who do girls like they're boys
Always should be someone you really love

Icewalker
2007-09-04, 12:10 AM
I've already sigged my favorite V's gender quote in that showed up in one of the threads.

The_Hunting_Enemy
2007-09-04, 12:10 AM
is it just me, or has this question been asked many, many times, and always given the same answer?

No one knows.

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-09-04, 12:27 AM

Reedited: Oh, gosh. I'm pretty sure there's a topic about OOTS faces/smileys right next to this one.

If you want to make an OOTS smiley, just look to the right when posting/replying. Click on "more" and it will show you the OOTS ones. Just scroll down and you have a choice of a dozen OOTS characters. Just click on the one you want and it will show up in the previews.

OOTS
:elan: :haley: :vaarsuvius: :belkar: :roy: :durkon:

Linear Guild
:sabine: :thog: :nale:

The Others
:miko: :mitd: :redcloak: :xykon: :roach:

I hope this helps. :smallsmile:

P.S. V is an effeminate guy. So can we please stop posting about his gender?

Nightmarenny
2007-09-04, 12:30 AM
Is it just me or does the fact that V's unknown gender has been the topic of dozens of jokes just make this thread strange? I mean really if the comic makes jokes about our lack of knowledge why the hell would we know? don't make any sense.

newcresty
2007-09-04, 01:25 AM
well... i'm thinking on a diferrent reaction from :miko:

:miko:: Your lack of a clearly defined gender is a obvius sign that the twelve gods want me to kill you, *slash* *slash* *slash*

RAGE KING!
2007-09-04, 10:33 AM
...*sigh*

You missed V Herself (My opinion):

:vaarsuvius: - I fail to see what difference it makes :smallconfused:

ag30476
2007-09-04, 10:41 AM
...*sigh*

You missed V Herself (My opinion):

:vaarsuvius: - I fail to see what difference it makes :smallconfused:

There aren't even rules for gender you know!

LOL. Good one. I left this one out on purpose :smallwink:

ag30476
2007-09-04, 10:43 AM
Let's ask Team Evil?

:redcloak: I couldn't tell, I never got a good look at him. Her. It. Elf. Thing. Sir, what gender do you think Vaarsuvius is?
:xykon: Who?
:mitd: Elf? What elf?
:roach: It's called a a running gag, you dummies. And that goes for the forumers too. And I bet they're highlighting this bright, faint color to read it. Yeah, that's right, you just HIGHLIGHTED the fact that you're an idiot.

Or not. :smallbiggrin:

I liked those too. Though the roach went on a bit too much after the first sentence.

:thog: Thog not like talky-bug

mcdoedd
2007-09-04, 11:11 AM

Is it just me or is there an identical thread to this one on every single page of this forum? :smalltongue:

ag30476
2007-09-04, 11:28 AM
Is it just me or is there an identical thread to this one on every single page of this forum? :smalltongue:

No. This is the funny one.

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-04, 11:40 AM
:miko: Your lack of alignment is evil *smite*
:sabine: Don't go hating a sister for that.
:nale: Sister, Vs male didn't you see the male dark elf.
:xykon: Or the elf chick in the book.
:nale: What book?
:xykon: The book about the gates.
:mitd: What gates?
:xykon: :thog: :roach: :redcloak: :nale: :mitd: :miko: : Its obvious that Vs Male.

ag30476
2007-09-04, 11:43 AM
:miko: Your lack of alignment is evil *smite*
:sabine: Don't go hating a sister for that.
:nale: Sister, Vs male didn't you see the male dark elf.
:xykon: Or the elf chick in the book.
:nale: What book?
:xykon: The book about the gates.
:mitd: What gates?
:xykon: :thog: :roach: :redcloak: :nale: :mitd: :miko: : Its obvious that Vs Male.

How does :roach: know? Did it look up her robe?

Zephra
2007-09-04, 11:47 AM
Vaarsuvius is male.
a) Shaped like a guy (look closely at Panels 1,2, and 3--it proves it (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0186.html))
b) 'us' is a male ending in latin
c)before people started asking about it, we see in an early strip, strip nine Roy calls Vaarsuvius V-Man (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0009.html) ( :roy: 'V-man is casting identify')

ag30476
2007-09-04, 11:50 AM
Vaarsuvius is male.
a) Shaped like a guy
c)before people started asking about it, we see in an early strip, strip nine Roy calls Vaarsuvius V-Man (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0009.html) ( :roy: 'V-man is casting identify')

I don't get it.

LM TR
2007-09-04, 12:38 PM
There should be a rule in which anyone who makes a thread about V's gender should be banned. But of course, as human beings our curiosity and our fear makes us want to label something and give it a state of what it is. Although, gender is not so much of an issue to make a big deal out of it. Well, whatever society says goes.

there should be a rule in which anyone who makes demands to ban another person on the forum should be banned.

Zephra
2007-09-04, 01:30 PM
I don't get it.

what don't you get?

Spiryt
2007-09-04, 01:35 PM
what don't you get?

Maybe I'm wrong, but to me this whole thread is one big mockery from Gender threads. All ag30476 makes me thinks so.

Ecalsneerg
2007-09-04, 01:37 PM
there should be a rule in which anyone who makes demands to ban another person on the forum should be banned.

I think you'd end up banned :P

We'll just ban Thog. Nothing personal, but, y'know. He can't read it.

ag30476
2007-09-04, 01:42 PM
what don't you get?

The joke. In this thread we make fun of the question "Is V male or female?"

ag30476
2007-09-04, 01:43 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but to me this whole thread is one big mockery from Gender threads. All ag30476 makes me thinks so.

You are right but why is everyone getting so serious all of a sudden?

Setra
2007-09-04, 01:54 PM
I'm still voting for the

"Whoa! Transvestite, back off!" Option.

The 6th Side
2007-09-04, 01:54 PM
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/9734/1187464483032ssc0.jpgtenletterlimit

Spiryt
2007-09-04, 01:56 PM
You are right but why is everyone getting so serious all of a sudden?

:mitd: Beacuse Murky and Lurky must have stolen their colors.

ag30476
2007-09-04, 01:58 PM
"Whoa! Transvestite, back off!" Option.

It's a wizard's robe and a magical headband not a dress and a tiara OK.

Which makes me think ... :xykon: ???

Setra
2007-09-04, 02:12 PM
It's a wizard's robe and a magical headband not a dress and a tiara OK.

Which makes me think ... :xykon: ???
I know the difference.

Also, it's not a headband, it's a circlet.

I was just trying to be funny.

ref
2007-09-04, 02:36 PM
ag30476: You forgot a "not" there. You mean not-not-nale, hehe.

Of course, it should go bold and uncapitalized, too.

Caractacus
2007-09-04, 03:10 PM
Is it just me or does the fact that V's unknown gender has been the topic of dozens of jokes just make this thread strange? I mean really if the comic makes jokes about our lack of knowledge why the hell would we know? don't make any sense.

Is clearly some sort of deliberate attempt to create fun to pass time - is guessable from fact that OP is Orc in Playground...

Buuut...

Is Vaarsuvius really Androgynous in disguise? (or not, really...)

ag30476
2007-09-04, 03:15 PM
I know the difference.

Also, it's not a headband, it's a circlet.

I was just trying to be funny.

And you were. And I was trying too though sadly I only succeeded in amusing myself and not all that well...still it killed time at work.

Hadrian_Emrys
2007-09-04, 03:55 PM
:redcloak: :Why are all these people so hung up on whatever that elf's gender is?
:xykon: : Beats me, I left all those concerns behind when I became a lich.
:roach: :roach: : We don't care either way. Yeah, take it off baby! Woo!
:mitd: : What elf?

Setra
2007-09-04, 06:25 PM
And you were. And I was trying too though sadly I only succeeded in amusing myself and not all that well...still it killed time at work.
What you need is a Vorpal Timebane sword.

ag30476
2007-09-04, 06:30 PM
What you need is a Vorpal Timebane sword.

If only...for time is killing all of us slowly.

RAGE KING!
2007-09-04, 07:10 PM
Vaarsuvius is male.
a) Shaped like a guy (look closely at Panels 1,2, and 3--it proves it (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0186.html))

[:furious:]SHUT! UP!

EVERY SINGLE DAY! SOMEBODY MAKES ONE OF THESE GODDAMN THREADS! AND THEN SOMEBODY ELSE POINTS OUT SOMEONE IN THE COMICS OPINION ABOUT HER GENDER AND THEN SOMEBODY ELSE POINTS OUT THAT RICH SAID THAT HER GENDER IS NOT CLEARLY DEFINED AND THAT REPRESENTS THE VIEW OF THE CHARACTERS AND IS NOT NECESSARILY TRUE![/:furious: ]

Sorry, just had to vent some anger there, nothing against you personally.

ag30476
2007-09-04, 07:21 PM
I think you'd end up banned :P

We'll just ban Thog. Nothing personal, but, y'know. He can't read it.

In this thread Thog ban you! Or is that bang?

:thog: Prison change thog

Charity322
2007-09-04, 07:31 PM
Everyone wonders what MitD is but does anyone actually wonder what MitD's gender is? :smallbiggrin:

I mean you can't see anything under that umbrella. :smallyuk:

Tharr
2007-09-04, 07:32 PM
The fact is lets just pull up his robe and grab his crotch area to solve this large problem and just found V has both gender organs end of post.

ag30476
2007-09-04, 07:34 PM
The fact is lets just pull up his robe and grab his crotch area to solve this large problem and just found V has both gender organs end of post.

OK but let's wait til the end of the day to do that.

ag30476
2007-09-04, 07:41 PM
Everyone wonders what MitD is but does anyone actually wonder what MitD's gender is? :smallbiggrin:

sick sick sick (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0475.html)

ag30476
2007-09-04, 07:51 PM
P.S. V is an effeminate guy. So can we please stop posting about his gender?

No she's a masculine gal!

Ettlesby
2007-09-04, 07:53 PM
I know what gender V is! Vaarsuvius is a *is hunted down and shot by assassins*

Setra
2007-09-04, 07:59 PM
Noooo, Drueinas!

Now we'll never know the truth *kneels and cries*

*+300 xp*

ag30476
2007-09-04, 08:05 PM

Someone just failed their spot and listen checks. Cleric!

Tharr
2007-09-05, 01:52 AM
Because we do not know V gender does this make Belkar then bi for he kissed of the mouth V at midnight.

The Extinguisher
2007-09-05, 02:32 AM
V's Gender is True Neutral and V's alignment is Male.

Duh.

Charity322
2007-09-05, 04:57 AM

It's the real secret. If someone doesn't create a new V's gender thread on every page then the forum will spontaneously combust. *nods*

ag30476
2007-09-05, 08:07 AM
It's the real secret. If someone doesn't create a new V's gender thread on every page then the forum will spontaneously combust. *nods*

Finally someone who understands!

Setra
2007-09-05, 09:19 AM
I remember when the forum was about to combust once.

Flames were spouting everywhere. It was around the time this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0448.html) strip came out.

I made a V's gender thread and everything was fine.

ref
2007-09-05, 11:16 AM
ag30476, please see my previous post. Your sig is speaking falsehood as it is now, and we can't allow that... :smallsmile:

Emperor Demonking
2007-09-05, 11:26 AM
:nale: Its obvious V's male.
:sabine: If its obvious that he's male why the arguments.
:nale: Its like my hair if someone refused to admit it was blonde, I couldn't proove it.
:thog: Not not Nale has brown hair.
:mitd: What hair?

ag30476
2007-09-05, 11:30 AM
ag30476, please see my previous post. Your sig is speaking falsehood as it is now, and we can't allow that... :smallsmile:

My sig sir? I challenge you in the arena! Choose your class, level!

duckie
2007-09-05, 07:33 PM

That is SO TRUE!

QUICK! SOMEONE make a new thread about MitD's gender while I bake this browies. You! Brew some tea. We'll ask him/herself.

If we don't, this whole forum might perish.
:elan: DUN-DUN-DUN.

duckie
2007-09-05, 07:38 PM
I knew ag# was joking. I was just playing around. As for flaming, I'm just saying it would really be a good idea to ban people who make multiple copies of a similar thread idea. Lets just have one official thread for v's gender and MITD and what not. I do find it strange these topics pop up at a moronic rate.

What makes me wonder if you really knew ag(numbers) was joking is that you still insist on having an official thread for v's gender. Flashnews: this is not really a thread about that.
it's clearly about MitD's gender, you people, and saving the forum from destruction!

Trying to sound intelligent just proves your not intelligent in the first place. You don't need to be fancy to make a point.

Thanks for the insight. But, gee, being funny clearly didn't help make a point, either. Oh, and someone failed a spot(sarcasm) check there. Repeatedly.

mause
2007-09-05, 07:53 PM
I tend seen the V's gender thread as spam every 2 or 3 day a new one is open describeng the same things
I think V is a male
I think V is a female they clearly say so in strip #...

V is naturally a running joke but not necesarlly a running thread

and I support a sticky of the gender of V

Ettlesby
2007-09-05, 08:18 PM
Right, I've got an idea.

V has no gender...

Because V is the concept of gender INCARNATE.

Amalith
2007-09-05, 08:25 PM
I believe V's a girl. Ever since:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0123.html

Is that not enough proof?

ref
2007-09-05, 09:19 PM
ignore me, ag. You are right. I still suggest that you bold and uncapitalize it, though.

No, I am right. You mean not not-nale. You're missing a "not"

Takila
2007-09-06, 01:47 AM

Is that not enough proof?

Again, that could be Haley's perception of V. Just like every point that the joke is used.

So now the thread's got me thinking: can a D&D character be genderless? From my incredibly limited (gaming) experience, gender seems mandatory. (It's probably a no, but I'd find it funny if all this was caused by a missing field.)

I'm going to go enjoy the comic and accept Vaarsuvius as whatever it is.

the_tick_rules
2007-09-06, 02:10 AM
well the standard races have male/female. but like dopple gangers and some monster races are genderless

Lira
2007-09-06, 04:07 PM

Is that not enough proof?Oh my gosh, you're so right. You've provided completely original proof that shows without a doubt that V is female!

I was being sarcastic there. :smalltongue:

I don't see how that comic proves V is female. That comic gets cited a lot in the gender debates, but I really don't think it helps us solve the mystery. If you'll care to explain the exact reason why you think that comic proves V is female, I'll give you the reason why it doesn't.

LM TR
2007-09-06, 05:15 PM
Right, I've got an idea.

V has no gender...

Because V is the concept of gender INCARNATE.

of course V HAS a gender, itīs just not been revealed yet

save for the possibility V is not an elf... :smallconfused:

mockingbyrd7
2007-09-07, 10:00 PM
well the standard races have male/female. but like dopple gangers and some monster races are genderless

Really? I found the mindspy in Complete Warrior rather attractive, in a sort of alien way. She(?) was a doppleganger, and looked female/feminine to me. But you say it was genderless, despite the feminine shape and face and breasts?

Eeeeegh. I feel weird. Could someone clarify?

Setra
2007-09-07, 10:04 PM
The way I see it.

I support the fact V is a V-Male.

Ariko
2007-09-10, 01:20 PM
Really? I found the mindspy in Complete Warrior rather attractive, in a sort of alien way. She(?) was a doppleganger, and looked female/feminine to me. But you say it was genderless, despite the feminine shape and face and breasts?

Eeeeegh. I feel weird. Could someone clarify?

You do know dopplegangers can change their appearance, right?