PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Summer

Yithian
2007-09-03, 07:10 PM
Well, school starts tomorrow (for me at least, probably sometime soon for most), and summer is officially over. I would like to take one final look at summer and I am curious to know what did people did?

Personally, I did an internship, built a few things, sailed, fenced and learned a few cool things about physics.

So how did you spend these sacred two months?

Yithian

Jack Squat
2007-09-03, 07:15 PM
I was working....

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/umedia/20070902/cp.35d5f300a103c93ccb78a09f125d86e1

Gaelbert
2007-09-03, 10:45 PM
Since my school shut down due to toxic mold, my summer was a month longer than planned, though school starts again tomorrow. I went to the beach for a few days, went to a Boy Scout camp, traveled cross country to the east to see some baseball games and Cal Ripken Jr.'s Induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame, went to a mountain cabin by a lake for the weekend, and went to San Francisco. Good times...

Serpentine
2007-09-03, 10:57 PM
...Hello spring :smallbiggrin:

whitedog20
2007-09-03, 11:01 PM
well, i started school AFTER everyone else, and on top of that, my school is the worst charter school IN THE WORLD. but, scout camp was fun, you went too? i went to the one in Californa...hot hot hot!

ps. i wish summer was longer... :smallfrown:

Dr._Weird
2007-09-03, 11:05 PM
Suck it up guys, school started a week ago for me.

Midnight Son
2007-09-03, 11:19 PM
What do you mean, Goodbye Summer? It was freakin' 95 degrees today! Summer ain't over till my feet are frozen to the pegs.(on my motorcycle for those of you who wonder)

TheBoneSplitter
2007-09-03, 11:26 PM
Summer isn't over until there's enough wind to make it 40-50 degrees at best. I was getting very sick of the hot weather...

FoE
2007-09-04, 12:05 AM
Wait 'til you get out of school, kiddies. Then you get to work all summer like me.

I'm :smallbiggrin:, but inside I'm :smallfrown:.

Vaynor
2007-09-04, 12:15 AM
What do you mean, Goodbye Summer? It was freakin' 95 degrees today! Summer ain't over till my feet are frozen to the pegs.(on my motorcycle for those of you who wonder)

It was 110 where I live. :smallfrown:

Icewalker
2007-09-04, 12:56 AM
Feh, in Berkeley the temperature is pretty standard year-round. More sunny days in the summer, more rainy days in the winter, but most raining days are the same cold, and the sunny days in the middle of winter are still pretty warm.

Yeah, schools gonna be hard for me this year. Good (ie somewhat work-heavy) pre-calc, AP chemistry, AP Java (which I know nothing about :smalleek: ) history and english teachers that will give work, unlike many, plus Spanish.

Nonetheless

skywalker
2007-09-04, 01:03 AM
Summer ended the 23rd for me, and I'm in college, you lucky yankee bastards. As for how I spent my summer... went to the beach, lost my virginity, worked a lot(A la Face of Evil), and, let's see here, yeah, down south, summer definitely ain't over yet, not till the end of september, anyway. Of course, everyone knows our seasons are: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer, and Christmas.

Jack Squat
2007-09-04, 08:55 AM
Hey Skywalker...you going to UTK also?

Wayril
2007-09-04, 03:35 PM
Meh it was fairly quick, which just means that anything I may have planned on doing was postponed indefinately. I changed my avatar back from my summer one to honor this, although I don't go for another 3 weeks.

Aeyamar
2007-09-04, 03:40 PM
<Snip>... although I don't go for another 3 weeks.

And that is why I hate you. As for me, I'm starting classes tomorrow, though some will be interrupted by the incoming freshman ceremony at noon.

de-trick
2007-09-04, 05:12 PM
well schools starts tomorrpw for me, what i did not a whole lot, I let my summer break fly by, the only thing I did was play D&D every Sunday, and sleep, and lay around till sunday

Hephaestus
2007-09-04, 08:07 PM
School starts tomorrow, Wednesday, for me. Ugh, I don't want to wake up at 6:30. I hope I've got some classes with my best friends. My school gives us our class schedules on the first day of school instead of mailing them to us ahead of time like every other school out there.

Googlywirdo
2007-09-04, 09:27 PM
I started school on the 14th of august and I spent my summer break influencing small children. :smallbiggrin:

skywalker
2007-09-04, 10:18 PM
Hey Skywalker...you going to UTK also?

Yeah... are you? UTK is definitely NOT in california, eh?

But yeah, UTK. Good stuff. I guess you could say my summer's still going on, eh?

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-04, 10:24 PM
*Laughs at all the people going back to school.*

I've only got 4 school weeks left before I don't have to go to a single class in high school ever again. :smallbiggrin: And I'm not afraid to gloat about it.

SDF
2007-09-04, 10:28 PM
I am so happy to be back in Uni. People, knowledge, fun... it's going pretty great. Plus I'm getting paid to research a vaccine for West Nile, beats the hell out of flipping burgers or using loud machinery. It is still definitely summer, though. Its hot, there isn't any snow in the mountains and the leaves are still on the trees.

Jack Squat
2007-09-04, 10:35 PM
Yeah... are you?

yep, over here in Carrick right now.

UTK is definitely NOT in california, eh?

Nope, gotten used to the overabundance of orange yet? :smallwink:

But yeah, UTK. Good stuff. I guess you could say my summer's still going on, eh?

Just about; sad to say, I think I actually have more free time now than I did during the summer.

Keldoth Dekel
2007-09-04, 10:35 PM
I spent my summer first just staying at home playing video games or hanging out with friends, doing DnD, or going to a sword class I go to.

Through the last month my family went on vacation to the same place we go every year. In which I played video games without being able to go to any of those other things and instead had a pond which I had seen a thousand times. Fun =/

But overall I had a pretty good time ^_^

skywalker
2007-09-05, 01:14 AM
yep, over here in Carrick right now.
That's cool, freshman?

Nope, gotten used to the overabundance of orange yet? :smallwink:

Well, I just assumed from your location of Cali, that you would be the one needing that. I've lived here all my life, I'm quite the hillbilly, you know? Orange runs in my veins. Maybe sometime I can introduce you to mint juleps some time :smallbiggrin: (although that's not really our style... we go for the jack or moonshine).

Just about; sad to say, I think I actually have more free time now than I did during the summer.
I love this school, even if that is true(perhaps because that is true).

Jack Squat
2007-09-05, 05:47 AM
That's cool, freshman?

yep

Well, I just assumed from your location of Cali, that you would be the one needing that. I've lived here all my life, I'm quite the hillbilly, you know? Orange runs in my veins. Maybe sometime I can introduce you to mint juleps some time :smallbiggrin: (although that's not really our style... we go for the jack or moonshine).

Whoops...forgot to change that back from Mistaken Identity week...:smallredface:

I've been here for about 5 years now, moved down from Cincy; so I also have orange going through my viens, just a different shade.

I love this school, even if that is true(perhaps because that is true).

hey, I wasn't complaining

Rykaj
2007-09-05, 05:55 AM
Summer was great! Even though the weather here is never that great I just went looking for sun.

I've toured around in the Czech republic, went home for a weekend, toured around in Italy, went home for a week then toured around in France. I looooove traveling, there's nothing better. Can't wait for the next summer.

In the remaining time I visited alot of friends I don't see all that often, ate and drunk like a barbarian and just had a great time in general. Mmm summer, wish it lasted forever.

Charity
2007-09-05, 06:03 AM
Re: Goodbye Summer

Yeah , um ... sorry bout that.

banjo1985
2007-09-05, 06:14 AM
What's summer? Its eems to have passed us by in the UK this year, instead they seem to have decided to flood us and make us all miserable!

Mind you summer doesn't exist once your in work like me, make the most of it while you still can!

Castaras
2007-09-05, 06:43 AM
What did I do over summer?

Let's see...

I was on my computer...

I might have been on my computer some of the time...

Can't quite remember if I went on my computer over these holidays...

Oh, and I went on day trips to places for a week. That's about it.

Trog
2007-09-05, 09:02 AM
Still warm in the land of Trog. Looking forward to that cool brisk fall wind to blow through which smells like dying leaves and calls me to embark upon some new adventures and experiences around the DnD table with friends and hand in hand with Thes in RL. :smallsmile:

skywalker
2007-09-05, 03:33 PM
What's summer? Its eems to have passed us by in the UK this year, instead they seem to have decided to flood us and make us all miserable!

Mind you summer doesn't exist once your in work like me, make the most of it while you still can!

Dude, what's a flood?

Jack, do you play D&D, or just hang out here because it's fun?

Jack Squat
2007-09-05, 08:06 PM
I used to play D&D a few years ago, but I came here because it's fun.

Albub
2007-09-05, 08:52 PM
School starts tomorrow, Wednesday, for me. Ugh, I don't want to wake up at 6:30. I hope I've got some classes with my best friends. My school gives us our class schedules on the first day of school instead of mailing them to us ahead of time like every other school out there.

Nah dog, mine does it too... I got free period with my two best friends though, which is bomb, as well as getting bio with them. This is my first year having classes with them, so I'm pretty pumped.