PDA

View Full Version : We made a mistake.

Tristyn777
2018-04-27, 10:09 AM
What's the fastest way to bring 200+ NPCs back from the dead? We have a Bard 18/Wizard 5, a Sorcerer 20/Warlock 2, and a Barbarian 20/Fighter 5 as our core group with some other folks playing catch up.

sophontteks
2018-04-27, 10:13 AM
You'll have to gather the dragonballs and wish them back using the eternal dragon.

KOLE
2018-04-27, 10:14 AM
I’d say Wish is about youre only hope, partner. AFB so I don’t know what 200 ressurrections would cost you in time/money.

Tristyn777
2018-04-27, 10:16 AM
We had to end a seige and dropped 6 10lb powder kegs enchanted with glyph of warding and holding poisoned caltrops. The seige was over. Our strategy went off without a hitch, but now there's just this mess everywhere...

nickl_2000
2018-04-27, 10:19 AM
You are Epic + level characters, surely you are in contact with the gods. Couldn't you do a favor for a deity to bring them all back at once? It would probably be cheaper and quicker than that many resurrections by your bard.

Could be an interesting side quest

sophontteks
2018-04-27, 10:20 AM
You can clean the mess with prestidigitation and a shovel. If thats the only problem save your wish.

Lord8Ball
2018-04-27, 11:09 AM
Use a wish to go back in time or open a portal to the land of the dead.

Unoriginal
2018-04-27, 11:58 AM
Just spend 200 days casting Wish to bring one guy back to life at a time

MarkVIIIMarc
2018-04-27, 12:16 PM
That's a pretty crazy high level group you have. If it was your fault I'd start buying diamonds and reincarnating them the proper way if "wish" is out of the question.

For my groups I like to make "Reincarnate" the most accessible. That way death still has a price.

http://engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/Reincarnate

Imagine the chaos in town when 90% of folks are in a different body and no one has clothes that fit!

King of Nowhere
2018-04-27, 12:19 PM
turn evil, kill the rest of the people in the town, then say the enemy did it.:smallcool:

Mortis_Elrod
2018-04-27, 01:04 PM
Don’t. Just add to kill count

SirGraystone
2018-04-27, 01:48 PM
I'm curious on how can you kill 200+ peoples by mistake...

Tristyn777
2018-04-27, 02:15 PM
The mistake was not talking to the NPCs before dropping bombs on them. It was basically just a show of force to announce our participation in the conflict. I wanted the leaders to lose their composure and freak out but the foot soldiers didn't deserve to go that way. Racism is a huge problem in this world, so I kind of want to Reincarnate them all so their prejudices become meaningless

sophontteks
2018-04-27, 02:19 PM
Operation Shock and Awe fails again. :smallbiggrin:

WereRabbitz
2018-04-27, 02:23 PM
Have a deity of life bring them back and curse the group forcing them take disadvantage in sunlight and constantly be entangled when near trees until they make atonement for their crimes.

Tristyn777
2018-04-27, 02:37 PM
For the record, operation shock and awe worked... like... reaaaally well. The leaders are terrified. Which was the point.

The poor schmucks following orders didn't really have that coming though haha

Lord Magtok
2018-04-27, 02:41 PM
Sounds like your plan is going to ruin a lot of lives. Imagine coming home after the war, trying to explain to your wife that you're not some deranged, lecherous hobbit trying to take advantage of a war widow, but her actual dead husband, after adventurers thought they'd mix some moralizing and body dysphoria into their apology tour. The hobbits aren't likely to welcome you either, because you don't understand their culture at all, you have a weird human accent, and you keep shaving your feet for some reason.

Tristyn777
2018-04-27, 02:51 PM
Sounds like your plan is going to ruin a lot of lives. Imagine coming home after the war, trying to explain to your wife that you're not some deranged, lecherous hobbit trying to take advantage of a war widow, but her actual dead husband, after adventurers thought they'd mix some moralizing and body dysphoria into their apology tour. The hobbits aren't likely to welcome you either, because you don't understand their culture at all, you have a weird human accent, and you keep shaving your feet for some reason.

That's pretty fair, perhaps reincarnation isn't the best solution haha

sophontteks
2018-04-27, 02:54 PM
For the record, operation shock and awe worked... like... reaaaally well. The leaders are terrified. Which was the point.

Your right, minor nit pick. They weren't trying to scare the leaders, they were targeting the soldiers. We dropped precision bombs and alongside leaflets telling them that we were only after Saddam. The vast majority of the soldiers surrendered peacefully. Only problem was a couple hundred thousand soldiers were left unemployed afterwards. They were all members of the Ba'ath party, and all members of the Ba'ath party were considered loyalists. A couple hundred thousand unemployed former soldiers. I wonder what ever happened to them..

Deathkeeper
2018-04-27, 03:01 PM
That's pretty fair, perhaps reincarnation isn't the best solution haha

Yeah, don't forget that the DM can choose what the person comes back as on a reincarnate roll of 100. So not only do you have people coming home as gnolls, kobolds, and smelly troglodytes, there's a real chance that one of those random dead mooks could come back as a full grown dragon if your DM is evil.

I imagine the conversation with that guy's wife would be pretty awkward.

King of Nowhere
2018-04-27, 04:34 PM

Well, I would expect that you'd know a lot of deeply personal details about your wife that a deranged halfling would never be able to know, and she'd rather have her husband come back in another shape than not come back at all. But if you'd rather be dead, we can fix that up straight away.
Often an imperfect fix is better than no fix at all

BillyBobShorton
2018-04-27, 04:46 PM
Take the xp and walk away?

Personification
2018-04-27, 05:02 PM
Get a Deck of Many Things, and then take turns drawing from it until someone gets Fates.

zinycor
2018-04-27, 05:06 PM
Have the bard make a song in their honor, that way, they will forever live in people's memories.

Cwyll
2018-04-28, 03:01 AM
Kill the people who know you made a mistake...

Amdy_vill
2018-04-28, 05:41 AM
What's the fastest way to bring 200+ NPCs back from the dead? We have a Bard 18/Wizard 5, a Sorcerer 20/Warlock 2, and a Barbarian 20/Fighter 5 as our core group with some other folks playing catch up.

just wish for the events that coused the people to die to be undone or have time moved back to before the fight.

Coec
2018-04-28, 09:48 AM
Operation Shock and Awe fails again. :smallbiggrin:

That was shockingly awful. Lol

Honest Tiefling
2018-04-28, 10:58 AM
The mistake was not talking to the NPCs before dropping bombs on them. It was basically just a show of force to announce our participation in the conflict. I wanted the leaders to lose their composure and freak out but the foot soldiers didn't deserve to go that way. Racism is a huge problem in this world, so I kind of want to Reincarnate them all so their prejudices become meaningless

This sounds hilarious, and therefore, should be the only solution.

Sounds like your plan is going to ruin a lot of lives. Imagine coming home after the war, trying to explain to your wife that you're not some deranged, lecherous hobbit trying to take advantage of a war widow, but her actual dead husband, after adventurers thought they'd mix some moralizing and body dysphoria into their apology tour.

Well, just how violent is the racism? Because if they were actually killing/physically harming folks, I say moralize via apology tour anyway!

No brains
2018-04-28, 11:10 AM
If only they were all 3rd level zealot barbarians, then you could raise them all for free.

If you had a 17th level death cleric, they could twin raise dead and speed things along.

Though in terms of spell slots, a divine soul sorcerer would probably be better for twinning. That's 4 people back from the dead per day at 10th level. It's like a DC reboot.

Okay, here's the plan. The amount of diamonds you need isn't actually measured by the quality or quantity of the diamonds, but by their gp value. All you need to do is ruin the economy by devaluing gold until diamond particles are equal to 500gp. That way, you're sure to have enough diamonds to raise everybody!

Then you can fix the economy by going to the dungeon of greed and defeating the evil econo-mancer. As a bonus, his diamond golem bodyguard can help you bring more people back from the dead once you beat him!

That last part was taken from Dungeon Dynamite. That series is funnier than I am. You can find it on youtube.

Tristyn777
2018-04-28, 12:24 PM
This sounds hilarious, and therefore, should be the only solution.

Well, just how violent is the racism? Because if they were actually killing/physically harming folks, I say moralize via apology tour anyway!

The racism is bad. Real bad, humans and elves being Sweeny -Todded and turned into sausages (which the leaders of the Dwarven settlement were all about) the other city is less overtly awful but still really bad

Honest Tiefling
2018-04-28, 12:27 PM
The racism is bad. Real bad, humans and elves being Sweeny -Todded and turned into sausages (which the leaders of the Dwarven settlement were all about) the other city is less overtly awful but still really bad

...You don't HAVE to resurrect anyone...

sophontteks
2018-04-28, 12:28 PM
So you helped some dwarves make some sausages. At least the people you killed won't go to waste.

Davrix
2018-04-28, 02:23 PM
Sometimes mistakes happen in a war. Personally I think you all should own up to your mistake and make it part of your characters.

That being said its up to your DM in how to make this a plot hook if your insisting but I would suggest the use of a Gate spell and summon a ranking angel of a deity and beg for a bargain.

Tristyn777
2018-04-28, 02:32 PM
Your right, minor nit pick. They weren't trying to scare the leaders, they were targeting the soldiers. We dropped precision bombs and alongside leaflets telling them that we were only after Saddam. The vast majority of the soldiers surrendered peacefully. Only problem was a couple hundred thousand soldiers were left unemployed afterwards. They were all members of the Ba'ath party, and all members of the Ba'ath party were considered loyalists. A couple hundred thousand unemployed former soldiers. I wonder what ever happened to them..

Welp... that seems pretty spot on actually. I stand corrected and certainly a monster at this point. I guess that's the point of the apology tour. Can't really make up for however much time they experience on whatever planes they're all sent to though...

Tristyn777
2018-04-28, 02:33 PM
So you helped some dwarves make some sausages. At least the people you killed won't go to waste.

The sausage debacle has been sorted

Honest Tiefling
2018-04-28, 03:24 PM
The sausage debacle has been sorted

I feel as if this is an inadequate explanation of the sausage debacle. Please tell us how you fixed this situation.

sophontteks
2018-04-28, 03:28 PM
I feel as if this is an inadequate explanation of the sausage debacle. Please tell us how you fixed this situation.
With full bellies I'm sure.

JakOfAllTirades
2018-04-28, 05:54 PM
Have all the responsible PCs perform ritual suicide and answer to their gods for the atrocity they committed.

Also, roll up new characters and start over.

And, get it right next time.

Tectorman
2018-04-28, 10:27 PM

Not to diminish the magnitude of offing that many foot soldiers in a bid to terrify their higher-ups, but how exactly were they employed? Soldier-slaves or impressed conscripts don't deserve a death like this at all. But what about militiamen who knowingly and willingly joined an army where their lives being put on the line is a reasonable expectation? They were valid military targets. Killing them to force a surrender might not be honorable, but THEY signed up, and THEIR leaders incorrectly deployed them in a situation where your party was able to kill them en masse. There is responsibility for this on the other side, both leaders and grunts, too.

If these soldiers did sign up of their own accord, that is.