PDA

View Full Version : Unseen Supper?

Sir Jason
2007-09-03, 08:39 PM
Heres a tactic we used in an adventure of mine... today actually. Here goes:

- Friend gets swallowed by big monster thingy.
- Wizard is distressed, as without meat shield he will get swallowed by big monster thingy.
- Wizard summons Unseen Servant
- Wizard casts Benign Transposition on Unseen Servant, who switches places with Friend in stomach of big monster thingy.
- Friend, Wizard and Party run away, big monster thingy chews on Unseen Servant for one round then goes away to sleep-or-whatever-big-monster-thingys-do-when-there-aren't-PCs-to-eat-around.

Anybody find a problem with this? We did it hastily and didn't read the descriptions in depth.

Jack_Simth
2007-09-03, 08:47 PM
As a DM I'd probably permit it (creative, saves a character) but...

Nowhere does it state that the Unseen Servant is actually a creature - it's a shapeless, mindless force, with an effective strength score of 2 (although it does take damage from area attacks).

Also - I'm not familiar with Benign Transposition; does it require Line of Effect to both subjects? If so, no go - a critter's stomach doesn't pass line of effect (in most cases - exceptions exist for specific creatures such as, oh, Skeletons).

tannish2
2007-09-03, 08:55 PM
except for line of effect its brilliant, but the critter wouldnt MUNCH on the unseen servant, it would instadie, but it WOULD get the character out with only first level spells

Sir Jason
2007-09-03, 09:00 PM
Well, it has 6 virtual HP, so it would still take one round to kill it, or at least to realize that it had lost its supper in a really weird way.

tannish2
2007-09-03, 10:20 PM
that is true... benign transposition is an EVIL spell...