PDA

View Full Version : Instant Summons

MaxMAnAtArms
2018-04-28, 07:02 AM
I was poking around wondering how would I be able to get something back should someone banish/send away/Remove from plane etc an item or thing and ran into Arcane Mark and Instant Summons. So the new question is. If I marked a Creature i created I.e An effigy/golem/etc which isnt a "person" but a object that is made to look like a person. If I held my hand out vertically outwards besides me. Would I summon said object flat against my hand i.e touching its arm/chest/back appearing then in my hand and as a DM would you accept it if it was done in your game in such a way?

Jack_Simth
2018-04-28, 07:31 AM
I was poking around wondering how would I be able to get something back should someone banish/send away/Remove from plane etc an item or thing and ran into Arcane Mark and Instant Summons. So the new question is. If I marked a Creature i created I.e An effigy/golem/etc which isnt a "person" but a object that is made to look like a person. If I held my hand out vertically outwards besides me. Would I summon said object flat against my hand i.e touching its arm/chest/back appearing then in my hand and as a DM would you accept it if it was done in your game in such a way?

Turns out "creature" and "object" are game defined terms. An effigy, golem, or other construct may have some similarities with objects, but are still creatures. Check the Glossary in the PHB.

You may wish to check on the Summon Golem spell in PHBII, though. And Pathfinder has Call Construct (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateMagic/spells/callConstruct.html)

Goaty14
2018-04-28, 10:02 AM
Yea -- no summoning golems in your free time. However, you could still summon as many (nonliving) mannequins as you'd like. Just as long as they aren't creatures (read: don't get actions, HD, etc)

AnimeTheCat
2018-04-28, 10:39 AM
Get a modified bag of holding or similar that looks like a glove, stick the golem, effigy, etc in it, and pull it out when you want it to fight for you.

Falontani
2018-04-28, 03:35 PM
Sentient items are "creatures" yet should still be summonable with instant summons