PDA

View Full Version : Halfling Skiprock Build (Help!)

Necrov
2018-04-28, 03:15 PM
Hi there!

I'm trying put together a build for a Halfling Skiprock thrower. Currently the game I'm playing in is at level 5. My DM has allowed me to play a Strongheart Halfling and waived the exotic weapon proficiency for skiprocks (owing to them not being amazing due to range increments and me being the only non caster in the group). I'd have to take EWP for the Halfling Warsling though, which I'm thinking I'd probably need to get in order to get over the range increment and in order to use Dex to hit.

I'd quite like to use Rogue and Scout in order to achieve this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Most reasonable sources allowed. Optimisation level more or less non existent, but everything bar outright cheese is up for discussion.

Alternatively, if anyone has any ideas for other vaguely halfling themed ranged builds I'd love to hear that too.

Falontani
2018-04-28, 03:41 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=22886269&postcount=56

This one was e6 and for Eberron, however it's the most halfling halfling that I think is a halfling

Macabaret
2018-04-28, 08:36 PM
Hi there!

I'm trying put together a build for a Halfling Skiprock thrower. Currently the game I'm playing in is at level 5. My DM has allowed me to play a Strongheart Halfling and waived the exotic weapon proficiency for skiprocks (owing to them not being amazing due to range increments and me being the only non caster in the group). I'd have to take EWP for the Halfling Warsling though, which I'm thinking I'd probably need to get in order to get over the range increment and in order to use Dex to hit.

I'd quite like to use Rogue and Scout in order to achieve this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Most reasonable sources allowed. Optimisation level more or less non existent, but everything bar outright cheese is up for discussion.

Alternatively, if anyone has any ideas for other vaguely halfling themed ranged builds I'd love to hear that too.

Personally, I would advise against being a Rogue or a Scout for this. (Though, a Martial Rogue may very well be on the table.) The ricochet ability of the skiprock is considered a volley attack, and thus, doesn't apply Sneak Attack/Skirmish damage to the second attack. I would suggest focusing on non-precision damage boosts instead. (Weapon Specialization, Ranged Weapon Mastery, Knowledge Devotion, the 2nd level ability of Halfling Paragon, etc.)
That being said, the six-level Warsling Sniper PrC in Races of Faerun does give "warsling sneak attack".

It might be an interesting idea to go with a Glimmerskin Strongheart Halfling bard and optimize your way through Dragonfire Inspiration? Boost your knowledge skills for Knowledge Devotion and thwap away at foes from the back lines.

JustIgnoreMe
2018-04-29, 06:58 AM
See if your DM will allow The Giant's own Skiprock Champion prestige class!