PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Just Another RKV help thread

Arparrabiosa
2018-04-29, 12:18 PM
Hello there!

I'm starting a new game soon. I'll be playing the beatstick with a Cloistered Cleric 4/Crusader 1/Ruby Knight Vindicator 4. My fellow companions will be a lesser tiefling rogue 6/swordsage 3 glass cannon with shadow blade and craven and a gnome domain wizard/something/initiate of the sevenfold veil batman with a couple of direct damage spells.

My rolled stats at level 1 are: 17, 15, 12, 14, 11, 11. I've thought about:

Str 14
Dex 11
Con 12
Int 11
Wis 17+1=18
Cha 15+1=16

My feats are:
- (Lvl 1.º) Practiced spellcaster
- (Lvl 1.º, human) Extra turning
- (Lvl 1.º, Planning domain) Extend spell
- (Lvl 1.º, traded out for Knowledge Domain) Knowledge Devotion
- (Lvl 3.º) Power attack
- (Lvl 6.º) Persist spell
- (Lvl 9.º) DMM: Persist

I've 21 turn undead uses per day, enough to persist 3 spells. I thought about Divine Power and Recitation. Not sure about the third. Suggestions, please?

I'm completely clueless about which maneuvres and stances I should take since this is the first time I've ever play a ToB character. Any ideas?

We have 36.000 gp to buy equipment. I've bought a Reliquary Holy Symbol and 2 Nightsticks to pump my turn undead, a masterwork fullplate I plan to cast magic vestment on, a +1 scythe (I love the imaginery) and a lesser rod of extend spell. I've around 8k gold left (1.250 gold goes to a pooled fund to buy 3 wands of lesser vigor and an artificer's monocle). Any suggestions about what to buy are very welcome.

I'm starting to worry about my low CA (around 20, 23 with recitation) and low hps (since most of them are d6 and my Con is low). What can I do about that?

Thanks in advance!

fallensavior
2018-04-29, 01:05 PM
I've 21 turn undead uses per day, enough to persist 3 spells. I thought about Divine Power and Recitation. Not sure about the third. Suggestions, please?

I'd probably do Death Ward, Freedom of Movement, or Mass Lesser Vigor at that level.

I'm completely clueless about which maneuvres and stances I should take since this is the first time I've ever play a ToB character. Any ideas?

I'd probably take Leading the Charge and Thicket of Blades for stances and Charging Minotaur, Foehammer, Battle Leader's Charge, Mountain Hammer, Tactical Strike, White Raven Tactics, and Shadow Jaunt for maneuvers.

We have 36.000 gp to buy equipment. I've bought a Reliquary Holy Symbol and 2 Nightsticks to pump my turn undead, a masterwork fullplate I plan to cast magic vestment on, a +1 scythe (I love the imaginery) and a lesser rod of extend spell. I've around 8k gold left (1.250 gold goes to a pooled fund to buy 3 wands of lesser vigor and an artificer's monocle). Any suggestions about what to buy are very welcome.

You can save everyone some gp if you go with persisting Mass Lesser Vigor everyday.

I'm starting to worry about my low CA (around 20, 23 with recitation) and low hps (since most of them are d6 and my Con is low). What can I do about that?

Buy a Con item? If you leave off the +1 weapon and the metamagic rod, you might have enough to get a Belt of Dwarvenkind for +2 Con, 60 ft Darkvision, and a few other bonuses.