PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Slayer (OoTA)

Grimslade5
2018-04-29, 03:33 PM
Playing Out of the Abyss in Pbp and my character has changed from the original idea of being a dwarf beastmaster ranger (revised) into a Warhammer inspired Dwarf Slayer (because there is two other rangers). We are still at the very beginning but I like to plan things out a bit. I figure my options are:
1. Just straight Ranger going Hunter Conclave instead of Beast.
2. Multiclass Fighter - Thinking Battle Master.
3. Multiclass Barbarian - Totem for Bear at 3rd and Eagle at 6th.
4. Ranger/Fighter/Barbarian crazy combo that would likely be terrible.

I would like ya'll's thought on it, and please no "Do what you want," I am aware that I can do as I please lol :smallbiggrin:
Thanks for reading and any advice offered.

JellyPooga
2018-04-29, 03:54 PM
If you're set on really being a Slayer, then the most important aspect you have to consider is why your character has taken the Slayer oath, or whatever facsimile of it exists in the setting you're playing in. It's also worth considering who your character was before becoming a Slayer; was he a tradesman? A warrior? An artisan? That might help you decide what Class to play as well as what Background to pick. Another important question is how long you've been a Slayer; if it's a significant period, then that might edge you toward the more berserk classes like Barbarian or perhaps Fighter, but if it's a recent development, then perhaps something like Rogue might fit.

That aside, an interesting take on the notion might be a Paladin; it's got an Oath built right into the Class mechanics, is durable, a beast in combat and inspiring to allies fighting alongside him (that latter not being a necessary aspect, but the most famous (notorious?) Slayer of Warhammer fame, Gotrek, was certainly awe inspiring to those that fought at his side).