PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Fairy Godmother, Intimidating Visage, Verdant Aura

rferries
2018-04-29, 06:10 PM
Fairy Godmother
Your spells are particularly useful for assisting allies.

Prerequisites
Extend spell, any good alignment

Benefits
Whenever you cast a non-instantaneous touch spell of 4th level or lower with a save of "harmless" (including personal spells modified as described above), the duration increases to 2 hours per level, divided evenly amongst touched creatures.

Intimidating Visage
Your enemies cower before your might.

Prerequisites
Intimidate 9 ranks, base attack bonus +6.

Benefits
Once per round, you may make an Intimidate check against all enemies within 30 feet as a free action. Treat this as a gaze attack (including the ability to make an additional Intimidate check against a particular foe as a standard action).

Verdant Aura
You are surrounded by flora, wherever you go.

Prerequisites
Wild empathy class feature or access to the Plant domain.

Benefits
Flowers spring up in your footsteps, saplings sprout wherever you rest, or you otherwise generate plantlife with your presence. Whenever you cast a spell dependent on plants (e.g. entangle, tree stride), you always have the necessary plantlife at hand. Additionally, you may apply any metamagic feats you know to the spell without increasing the spell level or the casting time.

The plantlife generated by this feat is always of a type native to the area (e.g. grasses on tundra, cacti in a desert, fiendish briars on a Lower Plane, etc.). It does not impede movement, but grants you a +10 bonus on Survival checks (e.g. trees might provide shelter from the elements and produce edible fruit).

Kaskus
2018-04-29, 09:09 PM
I like these, especially Verdant Aura!However, I am not a big fan of class restrictions on feats. What would you think of BAB +9 as a prereq on Intimidating Visage? For Verdant Aura, perhaps a requirement of the ability to cast at least one spell that creates or manipulates plants?

Westhart
2018-04-30, 10:46 AM
Fairy Godmother
Your spells are particularly useful for assisting allies.

Prerequisites
Extend spell, any good alignment

Benefits
You may cast personal spells as touch spells.

Whenever you cast a non-instantaneous touch spell of 4th level or lower with a save of "harmless" (including personal spells modified as described above), the duration increases to 2 hours per level, divided evenly amongst touched creatures.

The buffing gods love you for this one... despise you for forcing a good alignment, but love the feat itself... Have to point out that there are some issues with abilities like this... (Divine power for example?)

Intimidating Visage

Prerequisites
Intimidate 9 ranks, six levels in a martial class (barbarian, fighter, paladin, or ranger).

Benefits
Once per round, you may make an Intimidate check against all enemies within 30 feet as a free action. Treat this as a gaze attack (including the ability to make an additional Intimidate check against a particular foe as a standard action).

Intimidating Visage

Prerequisites
Intimidate 9 ranks, six levels in a martial class (barbarian, fighter, paladin, or ranger).

Benefits

believe you have this one twice. I have to agree with Kaskus, I wouldn't restrict this to "martial classes" but would replace with a decent BAB requirement.

Verdant Aura
You are surrounded by flora, wherever you go.

Prerequisites
Druid 1st or ranger 1st.

Benefits
Flowers spring up in your footsteps, saplings sprout wherever you rest, or you otherwise generate plantlife with your presence. Whenever you cast a spell dependent on plants (e.g. entangle, tree stride), you always have the necessary plantlife at hand.
I love the flavor, but crunch-wise I think this ones a bit on the week side. Maybe throw on a CL boost to specific spells and the "additional spells at the DM's discretion" clause? Also, I would probably replace the requirements with wild empathy, so the spirit shaman can grab it as well.

Kaskus
2018-04-30, 11:24 PM
If you wanted to boost Verdant Aura, you could Also have it mitigate environmental extremes by making the area around you always somewhat moderate.

rferries
2018-05-01, 04:53 PM
I like these, especially Verdant Aura!However, I am not a big fan of class restrictions on feats. What would you think of BAB +9 as a prereq on Intimidating Visage? For Verdant Aura, perhaps a requirement of the ability to cast at least one spell that creates or manipulates plants?

I originally had "martial classes" to prevent buffing casters any more, but it turns out the Intimidate takes care of that anyways. Switched to BAB +6 :)

Your Verdant Aura prereq is flavourful - along with NothingAbnormal's suggestion I've edited the prereqs.

The buffing gods love you for this one... despise you for forcing a good alignment, but love the feat itself... Have to point out that there are some issues with abilities like this... (Divine power for example?)

believe you have this one twice. I have to agree with Kaskus, I wouldn't restrict this to "martial classes" but would replace with a decent BAB requirement.

I love the flavor, but crunch-wise I think this ones a bit on the week side. Maybe throw on a CL boost to specific spells and the "additional spells at the DM's discretion" clause? Also, I would probably replace the requirements with wild empathy, so the spirit shaman can grab it as well.

Gahhh I forgot divine power - was thinking more of death ward, freedom of movement etc when I set the level limit at 4th. I've removed the "can cast personal spells as touch spells" part.

Whoops, deleted the extra copy.

Added a "free metamagic" clause.

If you wanted to boost Verdant Aura, you could Also have it mitigate environmental extremes by making the area around you always somewhat moderate.

Edited in a clause to that effect.

Thanks for the feedback guys!