PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Guild Wars Themed Classes

Zebraoracle
2018-04-29, 09:01 PM
So I decided to do a homebrew setting complete with homebrew classes taken directly from Guild Wars 1 (might do GW2 classes as well). In this campaign, the players will only have access to these classes. Note that if I say "skill" in this post it's referring to a mix of spells and abilities (as that's how they're termed in Guild Wars), not the usual DnD skills.

Starting out, I'm trying to decide how I want the caster classes to work. The most obvious option would be making some of them full casters, some half casters, and some partial casters. If I went this route, I'd probably go with a mix of prepared casting (they choose their spell loadout in town) and cast similar to psionic casters (each spell uses a resource).

Another idea I'm toying with instead is making a tiered skill system for all the classes and having them choose a loadout in town. At level one they have access to tier one skills and start with, for example, two skills. At each level up they gain additional skills. At certain intervals they unlock a higher tier of skills. At some point, they would unlock elite skills, which they can only have one in their loadout at a time, and gain these at a slower rate than normal skills. This option would also use a casting resource.

Which do y'all think would work better?

Lanth Sor
2018-04-30, 10:59 AM
Jarian Did conversions for GW 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=10512914&postcount=109)