Sub class necromancer
4 levels of fighter
Sub class not sure
10 levels of wizard

Race/gear
Human veriant

+1 to strength
+1 to intelligence.
Skill of my choice: survival ( I think it is what I want)
feats: Dual Wielder then two weapon fighter.

background: haunted one
Gear/
Chain mail
2 martial weapons/ battleaxes x2
2 handaxes
Monster Hunter pack and dungeoners pack
Spell book

A Fat Dragon
2018-04-30, 06:01 AM
Are you doing point-buy, or have you already rolled for stats? If so, can you please post where you’re thinking about allocation such stats. Same with spells you may pick, or what you’re trying to accomplish.

PeteNutButter
2018-04-30, 08:23 AM
Your level spread seems painful. Not painful because it's bad, but painful because you'll be be playing a character that doesn't get any tier 2 abilities until level 9 when you get extra attack.

Pick one class that can get level 5 by level 6 and stick to it. I'd say just go fighter 1/wizard 5, or wizard 6 for the necro buff, then go back to fighter.

Looks like you want to wade into the fight and swing alongside your undead army?

First TWF is a bit of a trap option for most gishes. You either have to juggle weapons every round so you have a free hand, and thus lose the AC from the Dual Wielder feat, or you need the Warcaster feat ASAP. It is essential that you can cast shield spell as a fighter/wizard, and you need either warcaster or a free hand to do so. Consider switching to a greataxe as a 2-handed weapon lacks this problem. If you just want a bonus action attack, PAM is just 100% superior to TWF for str builds, and you can use a poleaxe (halberd). Remember though that commanding undead requires a bonus action, so long term a simple greataxe will probably serve you best, as the TWF/PAM attacks will not be used when commanding undead.

Eldritch Knight is the obvious choice for fighter subclass, but anything will work.

As for skills, 5e does not reward flavor choices at all. You'll find that picking any skill that you don't have a good accompanying stat is often a waste of time. There are exceptions, such as everyone should have perception and expertise more than makes up for a good stat, but survival on a character that unless you are rolling will have no more than an average wisdom, is likely a waste. Someone else in the party will be better at it, and you could be picking up something like Investigation, which is int.

This is all just passing advice on the optimal. Feel free to ignore it all.

bink101
2018-04-30, 10:22 AM
Are you doing point-buy, or have you already rolled for stats? If so, can you please post where you’re thinking about allocation such stats. Same with spells you may pick, or what you’re trying to accomplish.

I am doing point buy
what I want to do is kill with weapons or a weapon then reanimated the dead then have my dead be my Focus getting them buffs and having them attack and so on only magic I use is making undead and any spell that could make them better if you have any send them my way
Killing is with undead or my weapon no killing with spells

bink101
2018-04-30, 10:25 AM
Your level spread seems painful. Not painful because it's bad, but painful because you'll be be playing a character that doesn't get any tier 2 abilities until level 9 when you get extra attack.

Pick one class that can get level 5 by level 6 and stick to it. I'd say just go fighter 1/wizard 5, or wizard 6 for the necro buff, then go back to fighter.

Looks like you want to wade into the fight and swing alongside your undead army?

First TWF is a bit of a trap option for most gishes. You either have to juggle weapons every round so you have a free hand, and thus lose the AC from the Dual Wielder feat, or you need the Warcaster feat ASAP. It is essential that you can cast shield spell as a fighter/wizard, and you need either warcaster or a free hand to do so. Consider switching to a greataxe as a 2-handed weapon lacks this problem. If you just want a bonus action attack, PAM is just 100% superior to TWF for str builds, and you can use a poleaxe (halberd). Remember though that commanding undead requires a bonus action, so long term a simple greataxe will probably serve you best, as the TWF/PAM attacks will not be used when commanding undead.

Eldritch Knight is the obvious choice for fighter subclass, but anything will work.

As for skills, 5e does not reward flavor choices at all. You'll find that picking any skill that you don't have a good accompanying stat is often a waste of time. There are exceptions, such as everyone should have perception and expertise more than makes up for a good stat, but survival on a character that unless you are rolling will have no more than an average wisdom, is likely a waste. Someone else in the party will be better at it, and you could be picking up something like Investigation, which is int.

This is all just passing advice on the optimal. Feel free to ignore it all.

thanks
I will switch to two handed what should be my feat as a human variant for that any tips
Ok agree with the stats I will do that

PeteNutButter
2018-04-30, 11:27 AM
thanks
I will switch to two handed what should be my feat as a human variant for that any tips
Ok agree with the stats I will do that

Great Weapon Master is always strong. Long term you might have hp problems with the d6 wizard hit die in melee, so Tough wouldn’t be a bad choice. Warcaster would be great but you can’t take it starting as a fighter. Depending on your stat spread you can consider heavy armor master or even resilient wisdom.

I’d go with defense fighting style since the GWF is rather weak.

bink101
2018-04-30, 11:35 AM
Great Weapon Master is always strong. Long term you might have hp problems with the d6 wizard hit die in melee, so Tough wouldn’t be a bad choice. Warcaster would be great but you can’t take it starting as a fighter. Depending on your stat spread you can consider heavy armor master or even resilient wisdom.

I’d go with defense fighting style since the GWF is rather weak.

I dont no what to do for my stat spread I am going pont buy I no int and stre are going to be my high points but how high should i go
I no Cha is not the best stat most people make that the Lowest but we use it alot at are table I was thinking going

Strength/ highest
Intelligence/ tide with constitution
Constitution
Charisma/ 3rd high
Wisdom/ low but not a negative
Dexterity/ if have to a negative don't need it

PeteNutButter
2018-05-01, 07:58 AM
I dont no what to do for my stat spread I am going pont buy I no int and stre are going to be my high points but how high should i go
I no Cha is not the best stat most people make that the Lowest but we use it alot at are table I was thinking going

Strength/ highest
Intelligence/ tide with constitution
Constitution
Charisma/ 3rd high
Wisdom/ low but not a negative
Dexterity/ if have to a negative don't need it

Sounds like a 16, 8, 14, 14, 10, 12. If you go with a half feat like heavy armor master you can manage a 16 int with a 16, 8, 14, 16, 10, 10.

I’d you are primarily focused on casting animate dead (and probably defensive spells) you don’t need much Int.

bink101
2018-05-01, 12:24 PM
Sounds like a 16, 8, 14, 14, 10, 12. If you go with a half feat like heavy armor master you can manage a 16 int with a 16, 8, 14, 16, 10, 10.

I’d you are primarily focused on casting animate dead (and probably defensive spells) you don’t need much Int.

Ok thanks I will do that been alot of help

bink101
2018-05-15, 01:47 AM
With a little more research I think this is what I want
Ability scores with bonus
16, 13, 12, 14, 10, 10
+3, +1, +1, +2, +0, +0

1 lvl of fighter <br>

5 lvl's of wizard
School of necromancer
Feat war caster

5 lvl's of fighter