PDA

View Full Version : Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes: what do you expected

Amdy_vill
2018-04-30, 07:51 AM
so i expected Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes will have as we all know monsters races and lore but what else. i think out side of this we might get a handful of spells maybe 10 if we get any but i want to see if any one thinks there is anything else we might get.

BLC1975
2018-04-30, 08:07 AM
I reckon it will just be monsters, playable races, some evil NPC/minions and perhaps some maps. "Tome of Foes" suggests Monster Manual...have they ever contained spells?

Amdy_vill
2018-04-30, 08:12 AM
I reckon it will just be monsters, playable races, some evil NPC/minions and perhaps some maps. "Tome of Foes" suggests Monster Manual...have they ever contained spells?

i think there will be spells as Mordenkainen has made a lot of spell and we have not see many if any of them in 5e(i don't remember any but i am sure i am wrong and there is like 2 or 3 of his spells in 5e ) and this book would be the best place to put them beside an expansion on just spells. my point is if we see anything out side of what has been told to us it would probably be Mordenkainen spells and even having them would be a long shot.

Unoriginal
2018-04-30, 08:56 AM
There won't be any spell in it, that can be said with almost 100% certainity.

If there is any, it's be in the form of the new psionic powers the Duergars have been developping (Mearls mentioned they were getting their own psionic powers, but not if they would emulate already existing spells).

We will get new magic items, though, notably the Duergar's clockwork ones.

Kyrinthic
2018-04-30, 10:36 AM
Spells are highly unlikely, but not entirely without precedent. At least in other editions, monster books will sometimes introduce a race-specific spell or the like. That said, I wouldn't hold my breath for any.

Mikaleus
2018-05-01, 06:55 AM
I hope to see a celestial creature that can be used for a celestial pact warlock.

For example

Quasits and Imps go great thematically with Fiendlocks.

Sprites and Pseudodragons suit Feylocks nicely.

Any form goes great for Goolocks.

Hexblades have their pact weapons but I'd easily forsee a Raven being a nice thematic familiar.

For Celeslocks not so much other than custom familiars or hair celestial owls etc

QuickLyRaiNbow
2018-05-01, 07:56 AM
I'm hopeful for some interesting ideas to drop into existing worlds, and perhaps for some high CR monsters to use in off-the-wall ways. I don't care about the totality of the lore except in how I can adapt it to my needs, so I hope it's a bit general and a bit flexible.