PDA

View Full Version : Where to get mini (12mm) D20 nowadays?

Aotrs Commander
2018-04-30, 09:49 AM
Query. Does anyone know if/where you can now buy 12mm/mini d20? I got a load special-like for Accelerate & Attack (my starship rules)... Apparently in 2009 (I had to dig to find my emails!); but the place that did them doesn't seem to do them anymore and I can't find anything on a google search. (It was challenging enough finding some 12mm D6 in different colours (the better for rolling Battletech hit locations enmasse) I could buy in sensible, smallish numbers!)

I have lost one or two (fortunately only one or two!) over the years, and while I was thinking of dice, I thought I would have a look to see if there was anywhere to get some new ones. (Nine years ago, I had to import them from America - and they cost me a pretty penny when HMRC decided to slap with with a £13 import fine! They are really good dice, thoguh, probably the best in terms of distribution I've ever had.)

(Note that sets of mini dice are not what I'm looking for, since I don't need tons of other mini-dice.)

I figured I might as well as here as anywhere, since the playground collectively stands a good chance of Knowing A Man/Woman/Small Furry Creature From Alpha Centauri or a Man/Woman/Small Furry Creature From Alpha Centauri That Knows A Man/Woman/Small Furry Creature From Alpha Centauri...

Malimar
2018-04-30, 06:29 PM
Standard d20s and d12s don't fit in my dice container (it was a prototype made by a friend, all the kinks hadn't yet been worked out), so I, too, am interested in answers to this question.

JAL_1138
2018-05-02, 12:04 PM
Chessex and Gamescience both offer tiny d20s. I dunno if they're 12mm—I think smaller than that, actually. The Chessex ones are really, really small--depending on the style of dice container you could probably fit multiple sets into a container meant for a standard 7-piece set of Chessex polyhedrals.

EDIT: The Chessex ones are 10mm, rather than 12.

Gamescience offers micro-d20s numbered 0-9 twice that don't come in sets of other dice shapes. However, you'd have to hand-ink them in different colors to use them as d20s instead of d10s.