PDA

View Full Version : DM Help PEACH: 2 new weapon enchantments to help my players

Ken Murikumo
2018-05-01, 01:47 PM
My players are not very optimized. Some are better than others, one specifically is really good, but still leagues behind when compared to anything on this forum.

We play pathfinder with all 3.5 content on the table but most of them can't be arsed to look through even a 10th of it when making a character. Im normally OK with this as it keeps the builds predictable and core rulebook oriented; in turn, making planning encounters fairly easy. Recently the real issue boiled down to the guided enchantment that used to be on the pfsrd site (+1 enchant, wis in place of str for attack & damage) and now that everyone is aware of it, most of them want to wiggle wisdom into their characters. Just for clarity i do allow the enchantment to be used (even on compound bows because ranged needs all the help it can get. But i think i have a small solution to allow them to play whatever build they want without finagling stats or uncharacteristic classes to get these bonuses.

So to get to the meat of the thread: 2 new weapon enchantments, both +1

1) allows the character to pick a stat and use that stat in place of the normal stat used to attack. Trying to use the original stat will result in the weapon fighting you to do it and imposing a -2 to attack and damage.

2) allows the character to add a stat as an untyped bonus to damage, but only if the same stat used to attack. (be it through #1, zen archer for wisdom, dex for ranged /finesse, etc)

I think my party will handle it well, but just want to put this out there to see if you can find some catastrophic failure that may occure

Goaty14
2018-05-01, 01:53 PM
1) allows the character to pick a stat and use that stat in place of the normal stat used to attack. Trying to use the original stat will result in the weapon fighting you to do it and imposing a -2 to attack and damage.

Ahem.

CONSTITUTION-BASED MELEE!

I mean, I guess casters are already SAD as is, but the thought of a CON-based barbarian makes me really, really scared for some reason.

Vizzerdrix
2018-05-01, 02:21 PM
If I knew these would be in play, I'd go heavy cha synergy. I'm salivating just reading them.