PDA

View Full Version : Multiclass & Preparing The Same Spell

Shumanfoo
2018-05-01, 07:51 PM
I have a 1 Life Cleric / 1 Bard that is going straight Bard from here on. I want to make sure I understand my spell selection properly based on multiclass rules. I understand that I can prepare/know spells for each class individually based on their own level. My question revolves around Bane which is common to both classes.

I already "know" it from the Cleric level and can choose to prepare it from that list, but my DC is lower with Wis since I built for a Bard. On a subsequent Bard level, can I then choose to also learn it as a Bard spell so I can cast it with Cha?

Hope that all makes sense.

lperkins2
2018-05-01, 08:09 PM
I have a 1 Life Cleric / 1 Bard that is going straight Bard from here on. I want to make sure I understand my spell selection properly based on multiclass rules. I understand that I can prepare/know spells for each class individually based on their own level. My question revolves around Bane which is common to both classes.

I already "know" it from the Cleric level and can choose to prepare it from that list, but my DC is lower with Wis since I built for a Bard. On a subsequent Bard level, can I then choose to also learn it as a Bard spell so I can cast it with Cha?

Hope that all makes sense.

Yes.
Spells known are tracked totally separately. Normally you want to avoid learning the same spell from multiple classes, since there's not really a benefit, but since as a cleric you already know all cleric spells you can cast, picking them up with your other casting class may be useful, if the casting stat is different.