PDA

View Full Version : Change Type to Humanoid?

RaiKirah
2018-05-02, 03:15 PM
Aside from the Human Heritage feat is there any way to change a creature type to Humanoid? Specifically Monstrous Humanoid -> Humanoid?
Thanks!

The Viscount
2018-05-02, 04:38 PM
You can do it indirectly by applying dustform template from sandstorm and then the incarnate construct template from savage species.

Were you thinking of a specific monstrous humanoid and a specific thing you needed to be humanoid for? There might be other ways for certain cases.

Necroticplague
2018-05-02, 04:39 PM
Yes, though the cost is rather steep.

Edit: dangit, ninja’d

Thurbane
2018-05-02, 04:54 PM
Not sure if it will fit OP needs, but 3 levels of Stoneblessed can allow a creature to count as a Gnome or Dwarf for most prereqs.

This is a pretty solid guide to templates: Uncle Kitty's Guide to Template Based Shenanigans (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=12219.0)

...as per above, Incarnate Construct seems to be the only template which changes type to Humanoid. Most methods of making the Monstrous Humanoid a Construct in the first place will wipe out most (all?) special abilities of the base creature, generally defeating the purpose.

Human Heritage (as mentioned in the OP) is usually the best bet, although can be very difficult to justify on a lot of races.

If you're able to tell us the specifics of what you're trying to achieve, there might be other workarounds?

Nifft
2018-05-02, 05:19 PM
Human Heritage (as mentioned in the OP) is usually the best bet, although can be very difficult to justify on a lot of races.

"You are what you eat."

RaiKirah
2018-05-05, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the information and ideas folks! I was largely asking because I had been looking at the Tauric template and was wondering if there was a way to apply it to a Monstrous Humanoid base creature. Seems like the answer is 'maybe, with shenanigans.' Thanks!

Uncle Pine
2018-05-05, 03:15 PM
Aspect of the wolf can qualify you for the tauric template... as the lower half.

Falontani
2018-05-05, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the information and ideas folks! I was largely asking because I had been looking at the Tauric template and was wondering if there was a way to apply it to a Monstrous Humanoid base creature. Seems like the answer is 'maybe, with shenanigans.' Thanks!

MM2 says Humanoid only; however Savage Species agrees that Monstrous Humanoids should also work

Thurbane
2018-05-05, 06:26 PM
MM2 says Humanoid only; however Savage Species agrees that Monstrous Humanoids should also work

Monster Manual II was published in 2002, while Savage Species was published Feb 2003, so the SS version os the most recent update.

Therefore Monstrous Humanoids are entirely legal. Good news for the OP. :smallsmile:

Falontani
2018-05-05, 06:40 PM
Monster Manual II was published in 2002, while Savage Species was published Feb 2003, so the SS version os the most recent update.

Therefore Monstrous Humanoids are entirely legal. Good news for the OP. :smallsmile:

Thank you for the date check; blocked at work for me.

Inevitability
2018-05-06, 05:57 AM
Savage Species has rituals that can change a creature into a completely different one, including type changes.