PDA

View Full Version : Red Hand of Doom [IC]

n00b17
2018-05-02, 11:48 PM
Your party is on the road to Drellin's Ferry, a small town where you intend to resupply before making your way to Vrath's Keep. You've received a map suggesting the presence of a hidden vault somewhere in the keep, and you're looking to do some treasure hunting. You've just passed the last major crossroads for a while, and the road noise fades to an empty quiet that fills the air, leaving your footsteps and voices as the only sounds.

stack
2018-05-03, 06:49 AM
Andre scans the road ahead as the group walks. "Hopefully this idea pans out better than the last one." he mutters, half to himself.

just setting up something for others to riff off for some pre-game banter

ArendK
2018-05-03, 08:22 AM
Tamoq turns back and smiles at Andre, though most would consider it a menacing sight from a ratfolk. Tamoq wasn't too worried about it, as he relished the opportunity to socialize with his companions.

"Yes.... Took a week to get the smell off my tail from the sewers in Brindol. Whoever gave my kinsman the reputation for enjoying filth should be dipped in acid...or a goblin waste pit...or both?. Can we agree no more jobs in sewers or swamps?"

Shadowflick
2018-05-03, 02:44 PM
Kaador twirls a crossbow bolt in his hand, another held in his teeth as he inspects his weapon. Looking down both of the chambers where the bolts are held, making sure each of them are clean. Nodding, her puts each bolt back inside swiftly, closing the chambers with an increble swiftness

"Mayby them Bogins got the Boot! Or got caught in a rat trap in a sewer. Though, I hear Brindols got a good pub or two. Was thinking of doing a crawl meself, any takers for this 'quest'? HAhahahah!"

stack
2018-05-03, 03:25 PM
"Given the nature of this line of 'work', I would hold little hope for avoiding sewers or swamps in the future. In fact, just mentioning that you want to avoid them all but ensures one, or both, will be forthcoming soon. Possibly a sewer in a swamp, if past experience is any guide. Fate has a predictably terrible sense of humor."

Shadowflick
2018-05-03, 05:20 PM
Kadorn shrugs 'Well mate, I think teh answer to that is simple. Dont take the jobs in the sewers! I say next, we go for a right basher! WHy not a brothel? Eh? Maybe fight some sucubui? Bit more of a good time then sloshing through a river of Jobbies"

n00b17
2018-05-03, 06:47 PM
The road crests a small rise and descends into a dusty grove in a large, shallow dell. An abandoned farmhouse partially visible through the trees, stands on one side of the road. You've passed a dozen spots like this one already today, but somehow this one feels slightly off.

ArendK
2018-05-03, 08:11 PM
Tamoq looked at the farmhouse, eyeing it and the surrounding areas around them warily. His hands instinctively reached for his plague vial, drinking the vial green concoction in one gulp as his other hand fingered of his catalyst bomb vials as his nose tested the air. Paranoia was paramount to the survival of a ratfolk, and he knew it was better to take precautions than regret the decision not to later.

"Forgive the smell, rather not get caught with my pants down. Not that the phrase makes much sense to me."

Drinking my plague vial
[roll0] Perception, looking for anything threatening, starting with our immediate surroundings, then towards the farmhouse.

n00b17
2018-05-03, 11:22 PM
Tamoq, on the left side of the road you see the sun glint off a bit of mail. You also catch a faint russelling in the bushes on your right by the farm house

Frosty
2018-05-03, 11:44 PM
Lelyria Nightshadow the half-elf has been walking along, chatting animatedly with her newfound companions. She seems to keep an air of optimism about her even in the most annoying of times, such as in this oppressive heat. "I do have to agree. Sewer jobs are the worst. Those dire rats are tricksy, and not at all nice like Tamoq here. Hey, what's that ahead? Another abandoned house? Lots of those lately. Hmm...you're right, Tamoq. Something isn't right about this one. Hamalah, you're up!"

With that, the other companion she has been joking with regularly steps up, flaps his wings, and prepares to shoot straight upwards. The human-sized dragon has been quite the sight to behold. He scares most of the riff-raff away, and woe behold those who tried to put him in a stable! All in all, a good conversationalist who likes jokes and pranks. "As you wish, Lelly. I'll provide overwatch."

With that, the eidolon flies up high, literally watching from above, using his vantage point to hopefully see if there are any ambushers or other surprises in the area.

Greenflame133
2018-05-04, 04:53 AM
"I don't know. Sowers are that bed. We dealt with much worst." replies on with supernatural companions Lexara summones each morning.

Lexara herself dosn't agree."you are only saying that because you didn't had to deal with getting that smell of yourself".

All 3 of them are in their fey forms. Lexara near the center with whips hovering on the sides.

Shadowflick
2018-05-04, 06:27 AM
Kadorn smirks, this is the sort of thing that got his blood boiling. He is very glad he fixed up the crossbow now "Well, maybe it be tail down then, mate. Since, someone could step on the right blloody thing, you think? Also...every time you do that, it gives me the willies.." He shudders, that vial was always a tad nasty to him.

When Lelyira summons her dragon though, Kadorn jumps suddenly, almost dropping the crossbow "Bloody Hell Elfy! You know every time you do that without telling you scare the bloody horns off me! I mean, look, you got me tail shivering again!" He does however, chuckle at the end of his small rant, hoisting his crossbow up

stack
2018-05-04, 06:44 AM
perception [roll0] "If you saw something, perhaps it is best to address the matter directly. One can disarm a bear trap with a stick, but I do not wish to emulate the stick."

He calls out to be clearly heard by anyone hiding nearby, "Show yourselves. We do not seek to harm anyone, but are not easy prey."

ArendK
2018-05-04, 06:56 AM
Tamoq felt the heat rising to his face and would likely have blushed if he didn't have fur at Lelyria's off-hand compliment. The rustling and movement drew his attention, which he did his best to fake his attention being on the farmhouse. He switched to the Halfling tongue, as it was a language few used unless they were food connoisseurs, herbalists, or a halfling themselves. He prayed at least that Kador had taken the time to learn the language of his homelands slaves for their signature craft of brewing. As an added gesture, he pointed as subtly as he could with his tail at the two points of concern.

"Something by the farmhouse, and armor over on the left." As an added gesture, he pointed as subtly as he could with his tail at the two points of concern.

Readying to throw a bomb (stink, just in case it's someone non-malicious) at the first movement or action towards us in addition to trying to tip off my teammates.

Greenflame133
2018-05-04, 12:01 PM
"Ashie, Zagara, keeps our eyes open and scout ahead. If we are going to run into ambush it's best for us mortals to not be at the front." Lexara instructs her companion as they hover moving sideways. Moving ahead oh the group one of left and other on the right both saying within sight.

n00b17
2018-05-04, 12:54 PM
Seeing that you've noticed them, a tall figure steps out of the brush, hands raised mockingly. This humanoid is hairy with dull rust-red skin and a wide mouth. He wears a robe emblazoned with a bright red handprint. A larger brutish-looking figure follows him, hand on sword, eyeing the party warily.

"Congratulations, you saw through our subterfuge and thwarted our dastardly ambush. You're oh so clever."

He looks over the party and slowly lowers his hands. His mocking smile falls from his face and is replace by a look of faint contempt.

"As I'm sure you can see now, you're surrounded, outnumbered, and on poor strategic ground. Remove all of your magic items and place your coinpurses on the ground in front of you. You won't be hurt unless you try something stupid"

stack
2018-05-04, 01:19 PM
Andre does a terrible job feigning fear. "Bandits in uniform! We had better surrender!" He drops the pretense and chants a brief incantation, a miniature tornado gathering around his staff as he thrusts it at the speaker. The tornado flies past and explodes, sending branches and debris flying.initiative [roll0]

standard action: destruction sphere, explosive orb + air blast, spending an SP to boost damage

15 ft radius centered to catch the speaker and as much of the area that may conceal others as possible

[roll1] nonlethal damage +1 negative energy damage (favored class bonus), DC19 reflex half
bullrush away from the epicenter [roll2] (inflicts additional damage if they cant move)

n00b17
2018-05-04, 02:25 PM
The blast of air hits the speaker dead in the chest, hurling him backwards, head over heels. You hear him fainting swearing as he slides to a stop in the dry dirt. The warrior behind him twitches out of the way with almost supernatural speed. He quickly gestures for someone in the bushes to come aid him, and motions for the rest of the troops to open fire.

Two more hobgoblins with swords and shield run down next to the injured leader.

Here's the map. You stand on opposite sides of the red striped area
Map (https://www.flickr.com/photos/36844791@N00/216084498/)

Andre: Four shots come flying out of the trees at you.
Three glance off your mail, but one find an opening just above your knee, dealing 6 damage

ArendK
2018-05-04, 02:54 PM
Tamoq steps back, seeing the opportunity. The more he can incapacitate, the better he reasons. Anything fiery in this environment could backfire quickly, and that wasn't a risk the ratkin was willing to take. Even as he quickly mixed in the last bits of material into the catalyst, his eyes burned at the smell, and prayed it would be just as nasty as he hoped. With a grunt of effort, he slings a bomb into the group centered around the leader.

Move action- Move position with clear line of sight to leader.
Standard- STINKBOMB!!!!!
[roll]1d20+5 Initiative
[roll0] Stinkbomb at the leader and his cronies, trying to get at least the three of them, more if I can get them within the 10 foot radius of a nearby target square, and Precise Bombs will keep any of my comrades out of the gas.

Fortitude Save DC 16 or be nauseated while still in the cloud and for 1d4+1 rounds after leaving it(as per Stinking Cloud spell)

Shadowflick
2018-05-04, 02:57 PM
Kadorn gives a rather unimpressed look at the Hobgoblin leader "Mate, were the ones who make the quippy replays to folk when they tell us to come out. not the other way around ye see? "

Then, arrows whizz out of the tree's, striking his traveling companion "Oh! Well, isnt that blody wonderful then. Right, Lets get to it then, bugger" With those words, Kadorns natrual agility and swiftness are displayed, as hefts his oversized crossbow up!

[roll0] (INITIATIVE!)

n00b17
2018-05-04, 04:29 PM
Tamoq steps back, seeing the opportunity. The more he can incapacitate, the better he reasons. Anything fiery in this environment could backfire quickly, and that wasn't a risk the ratkin was willing to take. Even as he quickly mixed in the last bits of material into the catalyst, his eyes burned at the smell, and prayed it would be just as nasty as he hoped. With a grunt of effort, he slings a bomb into the group centered around the leader.

[roll]
Move action- Move position with clear line of sight to leader.
Standard- STINKBOMB!!!!!
[roll0] Initiative
[roll0] Stinkbomb at the leader and his cronies, trying to get at least the three of them, more if I can get them within the 10 foot radius of a nearby target square, and Precise Bombs will keep any of my comrades out of the gas.

Fortitude Save DC 16 or be nauseated while still in the cloud and for 1d4+1 rounds after leaving it(as per Stinking Cloud spell)

You manage to catch 4 of them: the speaker, the warrior, and two soldiers. One of the soldiers staggers and looks as if he's going to vomit

Greenflame133
2018-05-04, 04:52 PM
Lexara grins replying with more irony. She puts up an act hoping to scare off the bandits. "oh my an ambush. Nothing to do but kill you all." She says as she and her companions focuse guy who was talking as he seemed to be a leader. Destroying him first should lover moral of other guns.

Lexara:
Init [roll0]
Attack with destruction sphear:
To hit: [roll1]
Dmg: [roll2]
Will DC: 19 or she steals a spell point.
Spell pool: 8/14

Zagara and Ashie:
Inti: [roll3]
Attack with destruction sphear, boosting and using guiding strike.
To hit: [roll4]
Dmg: [roll5]
Bull rush pushing straight down (ignore size modifiers): [roll6]. (he takes 1d6 damage for each 5 ft he would be pushed)
Spell pull: 14/16

n00b17
2018-05-04, 04:54 PM
Out of the bushes comes bolting a large black dog. Its eyes are blood red with malice, and a tendril of flame licks the edge of its gaping maw. Seeing the dog rush in, the Warrior charges in as well, crying "FOR THE RED HAND".

The hellhound misses Tamoq by a mile, but the warrior slashes you once with each of his swords for 12. For a moment, he looks like he's going to be sick from the stench of the rat, but manages to hold it together.

Shadowflick
2018-05-04, 05:05 PM
(For Kadoran's turn!)

Seeing the big, black, and rather scary dog just..well, zoom out of the bushes, Kadoran nods his head "Well, That's a right big bugger right there aint it! Allow me pal!" he says, hefting his crossbow and aiming it right at the dog. With a smirk, Kadoran shakes his head "More intrestin then Rats!" He pulls the trigger on his double crossbow, letting two bolts fly out at the same time, then, in a swift motion, his tail tosses his next two bolts into his hand, loading his bolts again before firing it again!

Using Rapid shot and Sharp shot twice to hit the big dog!

1d20+9-4 Vs Touch [roll0]
1d20+9-4 Vs Touch [roll1]

n00b17
2018-05-04, 05:29 PM
(For Kadoran's turn!)

Seeing the big, black, and rather scary dog just..well, zoom out of the bushes, Kadoran nods his head "Well, That's a right big bugger right there aint it! Allow me pal!" he says, hefting his crossbow and aiming it right at the dog. With a smirk, Kadoran shakes his head "More intrestin then Rats!" He pulls the trigger on his double crossbow, letting two bolts fly out at the same time, then, in a swift motion, his tail tosses his next two bolts into his hand, loading his bolts again before firing it again!

Using Rapid shot and Sharp shot twice to hit the big dog!

1d20+9-4 Vs Touch [roll0]
1d20+9-4 Vs Touch [roll1]

Your first two bolts strike straight through the dog, killing it instantly

ArendK
2018-05-04, 06:55 PM
Tamoq hissed in pain as the swordsmans blade found it's mark. He internally cursed as he had remembered reading about alchemists like himself who turned into hulking monstrosities upon drinking a concoction like his plague vial. That would be mighty handy right now...Tamoq grunted as he evaluated his targets. The dog didn't seem to be much of a threat, but those blades bit hard.

Tamoq ducked away as best he could, pulling a flask from his pack. This one heated up faster and faster as he whipped it at the swordsman.

-If they are flanking me, I'll 5-foot-step closer to the dog and away from the swordsman, then fastball a regular bomb at his face and taking the attack of opportunity from the dog

or

-If they are not flanking me, 5-foot step away from both and do the same.

[roll0] Alchemists Fire vs. Touch
[roll1] fire damage, Unless there is someone invisible hiding adjacent to him, no splash damage. Reflex save DC 15 to avoid catching fire (1d6 further damage each round)

stack
2018-05-05, 05:42 PM
(I believe all enemies have acted so I can go again)

Andre gathers another miniature storm, throwing it at the nearest of the archers that shot at him. This one does not explode; instead it flies up and attempts to strike again.standard: energy sphere+ full damage - 2 SP

nearest archer [roll0] nonlethal +1 negative (tiefling FCB) Reflex DC 18 negates
bullrush [roll1]

move action: attack the same archer if still standing, otherwise next nearest, moving the sphere up and attacking straight down to bullrush into the ground

[roll2] nonlethal +1 negative Reflex DC 18 negates
bullrush [roll3]
1d6 additional for every 5' he can't move
Energy Sphere (blast shape)

You may spend a spell point to shape your destructive blast into a non-instantaneous sphere that fills a 5 ft square. Any creature within this space is dealt damage from your destructive blast (Reflex negates). This sphere lasts for 1 round per caster level and has a 20 ft fly speed +5 ft per 2 caster levels and Perfect maneuverability. Wind does not affect its course.

As a move action, you may direct this sphere to move to a new location and strike a new target. Your sphere stops to attempt to deal damage whenever it enters a space with a creature. Your sphere has no mass and does not impede movement, and your sphere must stay within your destructive blast range or disappear.Air Blast (blast type) [Core]
You may change your destructive blast into a blast of air. An air blast deals nonlethal damage. You may make a Bull Rush at range against the target or targets affected by your air blast. Only a target successfully struck by the blast (or one that fails their Reflex saving throw if one was required) is affected. Your CMB for this check is equal to your caster level + your casting stat modifier, and all targets are pushed from the point of origin of the effect (usually yourself, but if using a talent such as Explosive Orb, it would be the center of the blast. If using Energy Wall, each square of wall is considered the center of effect for those who enter that section. If using Guided Strike, you may choose from which direction you want to push the target, even pushing them up or down if you should desire. Pushing a target into the ground knocks them prone if the Bull Rush is successful.).

If the target is knocked into a solid object, they suffer 1d6 bludgeoning damage, + 1d6 for every 5 ft they would have continued past the barrier. You do not move with the targets of your Bull Rush.

Shadowflick
2018-05-05, 09:28 PM
After Kadorn seems to eliminate the Large black dog, he whips around, his tail tossing another two bolts into the air as he gets into a crouch,a the bolts landing in there apparent chambers expertly. "Dont let that bugger be a bother Ratman, Oi've Got ye!" he says, letting two more bolts fly!

No special tricks this time! Jues your average double crossbow shot!
[roll0] [roll1]

errr, to the flaming swordsman now

n00b17
2018-05-06, 10:45 AM
Tamoq hissed in pain as the swordsmans blade found it's mark. He internally cursed as he had remembered reading about alchemists like himself who turned into hulking monstrosities upon drinking a concoction like his plague vial. That would be mighty handy right now...Tamoq grunted as he evaluated his targets. The dog didn't seem to be much of a threat, but those blades bit hard.

Tamoq ducked away as best he could, pulling a flask from his pack. This one heated up faster and faster as he whipped it at the swordsman.

-If they are flanking me, I'll 5-foot-step closer to the dog and away from the swordsman, then fastball a regular bomb at his face and taking the attack of opportunity from the dog

or

-If they are not flanking me, 5-foot step away from both and do the same.

[roll0] Alchemists Fire vs. Touch
[roll1] fire damage, Unless there is someone invisible hiding adjacent to him, no splash damage. Reflex save DC 15 to avoid catching fire (1d6 further damage each round)

Your alchemist fire smashes directly inthe hobgoblin's face, and the air is filled with the smell of burning hair

n00b17
2018-05-06, 11:01 AM
(I believe all enemies have acted so I can go again)

Andre gathers another miniature storm, throwing it at the nearest of the archers that shot at him. This one does not explode; instead it flies up and attempts to strike again.standard: energy sphere+ full damage - 2 SP

nearest archer [roll0] nonlethal +1 negative (tiefling FCB) Reflex DC 18 negates
bullrush [roll1]

move action: attack the same archer if still standing, otherwise next nearest, moving the sphere up and attacking straight down to bullrush into the ground

[roll2] nonlethal +1 negative Reflex DC 18 negates
bullrush [roll3]
1d6 additional for every 5' he can't move
Energy Sphere (blast shape)

You may spend a spell point to shape your destructive blast into a non-instantaneous sphere that fills a 5 ft square. Any creature within this space is dealt damage from your destructive blast (Reflex negates). This sphere lasts for 1 round per caster level and has a 20 ft fly speed +5 ft per 2 caster levels and Perfect maneuverability. Wind does not affect its course.

As a move action, you may direct this sphere to move to a new location and strike a new target. Your sphere stops to attempt to deal damage whenever it enters a space with a creature. Your sphere has no mass and does not impede movement, and your sphere must stay within your destructive blast range or disappear.Air Blast (blast type) [Core]
You may change your destructive blast into a blast of air. An air blast deals nonlethal damage. You may make a Bull Rush at range against the target or targets affected by your air blast. Only a target successfully struck by the blast (or one that fails their Reflex saving throw if one was required) is affected. Your CMB for this check is equal to your caster level + your casting stat modifier, and all targets are pushed from the point of origin of the effect (usually yourself, but if using a talent such as Explosive Orb, it would be the center of the blast. If using Energy Wall, each square of wall is considered the center of effect for those who enter that section. If using Guided Strike, you may choose from which direction you want to push the target, even pushing them up or down if you should desire. Pushing a target into the ground knocks them prone if the Bull Rush is successful.).

If the target is knocked into a solid object, they suffer 1d6 bludgeoning damage, + 1d6 for every 5 ft they would have continued past the barrier. You do not move with the targets of your Bull Rush.

The archer barely manages to move out of the way of your first blast by diving to the ground, then looks up to see the ball of air descending directly down upon him. His limbs jerk briefly upward for a moment as the energy ball slams him into the ground, then stops moving

n00b17
2018-05-06, 11:13 AM
After Kadorn seems to eliminate the Large black dog, he whips around, his tail tossing another two bolts into the air as he gets into a crouch,a the bolts landing in there apparent chambers expertly. "Dont let that bugger be a bother Ratman, Oi've Got ye!" he says, letting two more bolts fly!

No special tricks this time! Jues your average double crossbow shot!
[roll0] [roll1]

errr, to the flaming swordsman now

The two bolts pierce his mail at the shoulder, and he howls in pain.

n00b17
2018-05-06, 12:39 PM
One of the hobgoblins by the speaker leans down and pours a potion into his mouth. The speaker stands and quickly speaks "oh tiamut bless us in our hour of need". A faint lights shines over all the hobgoblins.

The archers throw down their bows and draw their swords and charge you. The warrior backs away and begins barking orders and urging the soldiers onward. Three of them rush to surround Tamoq, two of them striking for a total of 12 damage. One of the two that hit starts to look sick from the stench.

The last one rushes Andre, hitting for 6.

Finally, another hellhound bursts from the bush and blasts Andre and Kadorn. 14 damage, Reflex Save, DC 14 for half

Shadowflick
2018-05-06, 04:53 PM
Kadorn's eye's widen as another big black dog appears, breathing a spew of fire at him! "Bloody Hell!"

[roll0] Reflex!

n00b17
2018-05-06, 05:52 PM
Kadorn's eye's widen as another big black dog appears, breathing a spew of fire at him! "Bloody Hell!"

[roll0] Reflex!

You manage to leap out of the brunt of flames, taking only 7 damage in minor burns

stack
2018-05-07, 06:58 AM
Andre avoids the brunt of the flame, then steps back to create space, slamming his palm into the ground, causing a ring of jagged crystals to shoot up and menace any that would draw near. A whistle brings the miniature tornado flying back toward on of his foes.reflex [roll0]

5' step away from melee

energy wall, up to 15' radius hemisphere, encircling himself and any allies close enough, preferably intersecting enemies if possible. Area of the wall is difficult terrain for 1 minute or until crystals are broken

Reflex DC 18 to avoid [roll1] piercing+ 1 negative it if it intersects an enemy. After its up, any creature that passes through it takes damage (6d4 piercing+ 1 negative)

Using crystal blast. Anything taking damage has to make a DC18 reflex save or be entangled and unable to move.
Your destructive blast becomes an explosion of crystal, growing where it strikes. A crystal blast uses d4’s instead of d6’s as its damage die and deals piercing damage. The target of your crystal blast must pass a Reflex save or be entangled and unable to move. In addition, the target’s square (or the blast’s affected area) becomes overgrown with crystal and counts as difficult terrain. Breaking free of the entangled condition is a move action, requiring either a Strength check or an Escape Artist check against the crystal blast’s save DC. A target may also destroy the crystal on a square or creature by dealing 3 damage per caster level to the crystal. This removes the entangled condition from the creature and destroys the difficult terrain. Crystal disappears after 1 minute.

Move Action: move the energy sphere to hit an enemy (35' fly w/perfect maneuverability), preferably in a way to bullrush it into the energy wall
[roll2] nonlethal + 1 negative DC 18 negates
bullrush [roll3]

Hard to lay down precise BFC without a detailed map

Frosty
2018-06-05, 01:10 AM
Lelyria Nightshadow: HP 38/38 AC 16+1, Saves 5 Fort, 4+1 Ref, 6 Wil
Hamalah 32/32 AC 25+1, Saves 6 Fort, 8+1 Ref, 1 Wil

The half elf hisses in anger at all the chaos around her. Now, she springs into action. "Hamalah, NOW!" She points to one of the swordsmen who is currently attacking her new friend Tamoq, and her dragon-eidolon SWOOPS downwards to tear at the unfortunate hobgoblin! As Hamalah dices down into range, the half-elf mutters a few arcane words, and she empowers all of her allies nearby with speed!

Cast Haste on everyone (+1 AC, +1 Atk, +1 REF save, +30 speed, +1 extra attack with full attack)
Hamalah charge pounce full attack n one hobgoblin attacking Tamoq (+2 Charge, +1 Haste):
Bite: [roll0]
Bite (Haste): [roll1]
Claw1: [roll2]
Claw2: [roll3]

Bite Damage: [roll4]
Cold damage: [roll5]

Bite Haste Damage: [roll6]
Cold damage: [roll7]

Claw 1 Damage: [roll8]
Cold damage: [roll9]

Claw 2 Damage: [roll10]
Cold damage: [roll11]