PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Request: Suggestions for an Omnicrafter build.

BloodredAi
2018-05-03, 12:01 PM
Essentially... i don't care about combat effectiveness (although i suspect they'd naturally be able to minionmance well enough with constructs), but i do care about being able to craft literally anything reasonably effectively.

The problem? Time/Resources, but not the Omnicrafter's. I simply don't have the time to comprehensively wiki-dive for every single archetype, feat, PrC, and exploit that an Omnicrafter needs, although i can at least handle a decent chunk of the research.

Which leads me to the following two requests:

1: Does anyone know of a guide or theoretical build that already revolves around this concept? (that is, an Omnicrafter)

2: Does anyone know of any classes (archetypes and prestige included), feats, spells, and whatnot that might be worth looking into as i build this?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Blech. i'm still too new of an account to link things. It'll get fixed when i can.)

Things this thread has turned up:
giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=23044175&postcount=4 (credit to Coventry for finding it, and Andrian for making it in the first place)

Things i've found:
paizo.com/threads/rzs2py4t?Building-the-Ultimate-Item-Crafter
rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/41773/pathfinder-magic-item-crafter-build-guide
d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/adamant-entertainment/artificer/ (3pp)

Objectives to be considered:
Productivity
-Speed per object
-objects per day (minions to get around the "one magic item per day" rule?)
Skill Checks
Cost Efficiency

Racial Options:
Dwarf- They don't increase the stats we care about for crafting, but an alternate racial (Craftsman) boosts craft and profession checks by 2 when working with stone or metal. metal is good. metal can be used for a lot of things. The rest of their racials don't matter, although i suppose Stoic Negotiator might help the business side of things.

Their Wizard favored class bonus is also useful, increasing speed on a craft feat of your choice by 200gp per day. This is only speed, mind you, not cost reduction, but speed is still great considering how long crafting can take. This is unclear as to if it stacks, but since it's a favored class bonus, i'd lean towards saying it does. Ask your GM, though, always ask.

Traits:

Feats:

stack
2018-05-03, 12:11 PM
Allowed sources? 1pp only or 3pp allowed?

BloodredAi
2018-05-03, 02:04 PM
Although the place i'll be using an omnicrafter at only allows 1st party stuff, it's not like that applies everywhere.

So, i'd say... 3pp is ok, just mark it as such.

Coventry
2018-05-03, 09:11 PM
Take a look at this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?527645-Creating-the-Ultimate-Crafter-in-Pathfinder-A-Guide) from last year, which in turn links to a Guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jp83PSkhRcbu2VtEnMLx2Juhl-H1F2lG0UIQYi9Tjgo/edit).

There were some things in the forum thread that did not make it into the guide, alas.

BloodredAi
2018-05-04, 03:11 PM
Thank you, Coventry. starting to compile information in the opening post, but lost a lot of progress on it due to gitp logging me out mid-edit, asking me to log back in to save the edit... and then proceeding to not apply those edits. The 'restore' feature certainly helped, but... anything 'saved' after gitp logged me out wasn't restored.

I'm short on time today, but i'll fix it tomorrow.