PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Water Breathing at First Level?

Palanan
2018-05-03, 12:27 PM
Is there a feat, bloodline power, racial trait, or anything else that would confer the ability to breathe water at first level?

I’d like this to be for a human, and it only needs to last for a few minutes. I’d like to do this with first-party Pathfinder sources if at all possible, although I’ll consider official 3.5 material if there’s nothing from Paizo that fits.

Psyren
2018-05-03, 01:55 PM
Child of Two Worlds (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/story-feats/child-of-two-worlds-story/) works if your GM is willing to finagle your backstory.

Palanan
2018-05-03, 02:25 PM
Absolutely perfect, thank you. Couldn't ask for better.

Andor13
2018-05-03, 04:43 PM
From 3.5 some Dragon Shamans can breathe water at first level. In Pathfinder (if using DSP) an Aegis can breathe water at 1st level.

This is ignoring the various races that can either breathe under water, or hold their breath for long periods.

Kurald Galain
2018-05-03, 05:28 PM
Most core races can take the Fey Magic racial ability, which allows them to pick one L1 druid spell and cast it once per day. Air Bubble is a L1 druid spell that lets you breathe underwater for a couple minutes. You need to select one particular terrain type where this ability works, but "water" happens to count as a terrain type. So there you go.