PDA

View Full Version : Smarty pants

geekintheground
2018-05-03, 02:42 PM
I'm trying to build a factotum in a new game, so I'm trying to boost my int as much as possible... But I'm kinda stuck. O mighty playground, please provide me insight.
We're starting at level 3, open to most sources and levels of cheese (only thing explicitly stated is no Sarruhk cheese).
Any racial HD are fine.

Falontani
2018-05-03, 02:45 PM
any racial HD? how about LA?

geekintheground
2018-05-03, 02:47 PM
Try to avoid LA, but I can eat one or two

Celestia
2018-05-03, 03:13 PM
Grey elf gives a +2 Int bonus at no LA.

Akto
2018-05-03, 03:37 PM
I must say that i do love me some lesser Tiefling for Factotum +2 dex and +2 int is very nice for LA 0 :)

nintendoh
2018-05-03, 04:14 PM
Not sure if linking this will get me in trouble or not but take a look at the X STAT TO Y BONUS HANDBOOK. Its gold.

Zombulian
2018-05-03, 04:16 PM
I'm trying to build a factotum in a new game, so I'm trying to boost my int as much as possible... But I'm kinda stuck. O mighty playground, please provide me insight.
We're starting at level 3, open to most sources and levels of cheese (only thing explicitly stated is no Sarruhk cheese).
Any racial HD are fine.

If you look in the back of Complete Psionic you can see that there are progressions for the LA'd Psionic Races just like the ones on the Savage Progressions articles on the WotC website. From there, you can be a "Lesser" Half-Giant by just not taking the progression that gives you Powerful Build and the like. Since Half-Giants have the Giant type, you can add the Primordial Giant template for +0 LA and -4 Str, -2 Con, +4 Int, and +4 Cha.