PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Help first time DM with probably a stupid question 3.5 ravenloft

KingLeisure
2018-05-03, 04:22 PM
I'm DMing for my first time and foolishly decided to run Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. Everything is going fine so far but after our first few fights i went to calculate the groups xp and a question hit me that i wasn't sure about. In the module certain loot is written down as a reward in a fight as enemy equipment or maybe some stuff laying around but should i also be rewarding my party with extra just random found loot that is appropriate to the encounter they just defeated? My old DM only ever ran his own personal campaigns and hes been wrong about rules before so id rather turn to you all for the answer. I'm probably an idiot and just haven't found the part in either the module or the DMG that answers this question so don't yell at me plz:smallsmile:

So to be clear do they A) just get the loot written down on corpses for these set encounters or B) they get that loot plus i roll for random loot as well

any other first time Ravenloft DM tips can be thrown in too

Venger
2018-05-03, 04:26 PM
I've run ravenloft before, and the module is very stingy with its loot. giving them the garbage listed as lying around plus normal rolled treasure puts the pcs basically on-target for where they ought to be, so do that.

KingLeisure
2018-05-03, 06:56 PM
Thank you!