PDA

View Full Version : Alternate uses for wealth

Invader
2018-05-03, 05:02 PM
I have the oppertunity to play a ghost in an upcoming game and I’ve been trying to think of unique ways to utilize the wealth I’ll acquire while adventuring since I won’t really need the usual equipment and weapons.
Anyone have any fun ideas?

JoeJ
2018-05-03, 05:21 PM
Buy influence; hire lackeys; support political factions; scheme to take over a kingdom from behind the scenes.

Specter
2018-05-03, 05:26 PM
If good: orphanages, temples, adventuring parties.

If evil: thieves' guilds, tyrants, cults.

Maelynn
2018-05-03, 05:41 PM
Have a menagerie built, housing a great variety of monsters.

Then strike a deal with the local gaoler.

Pit the unruly convicts against the monsters in a large arena. One with plenty of stands around it. That you can sell tickets for.

JackPhoenix
2018-05-03, 05:52 PM
Get really spiffy gravestone. I'd link relevant Oglaf strip, but it's NSFW.

Joe dirt
2018-05-03, 06:18 PM
Would a ghost ever use money?

If u was wealthy when u past on. Maybe stash ur cash somewhere hidden treasure hunt style and leave clues so that others can find it. But those people must do ur bidding as they continue to find more clues.

For example u leave a will and last statement to the first clue which leads to more clues but the clues are always left in places where some monsters need cleaning out or where someone riddle must be solved

Invader
2018-05-03, 07:30 PM
Buy influence; hire lackeys; support political factions; scheme to take over a kingdom from behind the scenes.

This was along the lines of what I was thinking.

I pondered trying to start an in game business. I’m a big fan of PC entrepreneurship in rpgs.

Malifice
2018-05-03, 10:53 PM
I have the oppertunity to play a ghost in an upcoming game and I’ve been trying to think of unique ways to utilize the wealth I’ll acquire while adventuring since I won’t really need the usual equipment and weapons.

If you were an immortal undead (in the real world) what would you do with your money?

If your PC is good aligned, ask 'What would Mother Theresa do'. If evilly aligned 'What would Hitler do.'

Do that.

Kane0
2018-05-03, 10:58 PM
If you really, truly can't get rid of your gold fast enough start using it as ammo for your sling, or food for your pet rust monster.

Protato
2018-05-04, 12:11 AM
If you're doing entrepreneurship, then maybe start some sort of guild for your adventures, and have a nice guildhall with barracks. That way, you've got a consistent place to stay and a way of making more money on top of that to donate, upgrade gear for other characters, and generally improve the lives of others.

Cespenar
2018-05-04, 03:34 AM
Hire people to spew rumors about how a certain gravestone in that certain graveyard is actually of an old saint, and gives blessings to those who touch it.

Who knows, with enough people believing, you might even get some divine status someday.

Amdy_vill
2018-05-04, 04:50 AM

you can still guy use out of normal loot you just need you party to move it into the Ethereal plane for you. or at lest i think that would be how it worked as you are a creature on the Ethereal plane interacting with the material plane but i may be wrong about that. another use would be buying favors and help with your money. also if you a ghost why not just control a meat suit and then buy equipment for you meat suit?

edit: it might be the astral plane?

Khorne
2018-05-04, 04:52 AM
Build a castle for a king to buy influence, let him settle in and then haunt it to spread rumors that will benefit you and your group. You'll also have a place to let your character when he retires. Fun for all eternity!