PDA

View Full Version : Gearing up quickly

J-H
2018-05-03, 05:44 PM
Is there a spell that allows a caster to don his full gear (starting from 0) in a single round?

Cicciograna
2018-05-03, 06:01 PM
Take this with humor, but there's a spell in the...glom...Book of Erotic Fantasy that is called "Disrobe", and has the exact opposite effect that you are looking for. It is a 2nd level Sor/Wiz spell, so I think that you could take it as a starting point; and assuming that undressing someone is more powerful than dressing oneself, I'd say that a custom 1st level spell would do the trick.

Zanos
2018-05-03, 06:07 PM
Sufficient unseen servants? Or mass unseen servant, which is the same, but 4th level and creates 1 per level.

Also maybe Telekinesis, if your gear is under the weight limit.

Nifft
2018-05-03, 06:08 PM
- Never take off your rings, your necklace, or your tiara -- er, your headband.
- Always wear at least one tactical belt with seven (or more) complete spell component pouches. If you're Hennet, you wear a more than one tactical belt.
- Why would you ever take your shoes off? So you're clearly wearing those to bed.
- Robes count as PJs. Keep it on.
- That magic cloak is basically a poncho. Perfect bedwear.
- You often wake up gripping your metamagic rod, your rod of lordly might, or your staff of power -- so clearly that item also comes to bed with you.

... what is there to put on? Ioun stones, maybe? Meh, leave them off for that one surprise encounter.

Deophaun
2018-05-03, 06:13 PM
Timestop.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Falontani
2018-05-03, 06:21 PM
The called property costs 2k GP and calls it to your person. Enchant all your stuff with the called property and set them all to the same word. Call all your stuff with a word!

Zanos
2018-05-03, 06:24 PM
Called is armor only.

Always wear at least one tactical belt with seven (or more) complete spell component pouches. If you're Hennet, you wear a more than one tactical belt.
Take Eschew Materials and wear two dozen component pouches anyway.

Nifft
2018-05-03, 06:26 PM

Hennet approves the heck out of this post.

That's thinking with your Charisma.

heavyfuel
2018-05-03, 06:48 PM
Somewhat. Swift Ready spell from The Forge of War allows for some equipping as a Swift Action

mabriss lethe
2018-05-03, 07:49 PM
Not a spell, but the Ring of Arming in the MiC might be do what you're looking for.

J-H
2018-05-03, 09:24 PM
Not a spell, but the Ring of Arming in the MiC might be do what you're looking for.

Bingo, thanks

Aetis
2018-05-03, 09:24 PM
Binder of Savnok is able to call a full plate as a full round action.

skunk3
2018-05-03, 10:06 PM
Called is armor only.

is there anything equivalent to "called" for weapons?

skunk3
2018-05-03, 10:07 PM

Was about to suggest that.

BowStreetRunner
2018-05-03, 11:51 PM
- Never take off your rings, your necklace, or your tiara -- er, your headband.
- Always wear at least one tactical belt with seven (or more) complete spell component pouches. If you're Hennet, you wear a more than one tactical belt.
- Why would you ever take your shoes off? So you're clearly wearing those to bed.
- Robes count as PJs. Keep it on.
- That magic cloak is basically a poncho. Perfect bedwear.
- You often wake up gripping your metamagic rod, your rod of lordly might, or your staff of power -- so clearly that item also comes to bed with you.

... what is there to put on? Ioun stones, maybe? Meh, leave them off for that one surprise encounter.
You should really have offered these insights to the cleric in one of my campaigns a few years back...preferably BEFORE he went to bed with a beautiful woman who turned out to actually be more than she seemed. I shall never forget the reactions of the rest of the party as they ran into the room where the screams were coming from to find their naked cleric confronting an equally nude female vampire.

Nifft
2018-05-03, 11:56 PM
You should really have offered these insights to the cleric in one of my campaigns a few years back...preferably BEFORE he went to bed with a beautiful woman who turned out to actually be more than she seemed. I shall never forget the reactions of the rest of the party as they ran into the room where the screams were coming from to find their naked cleric confronting an equally nude female vampire.

Vampire: "Wouldn't you be more comfortable without all those rings?"

PC: "Baby, those rings are what let me sleep at all."

Vampire: "You're not even taking off your robe?"

PC: "It opens in the front, here watch. In fact watch from closer, maybe kneeling on the rug here."

Zanos
2018-05-13, 09:26 PM
Getting ganked during a tryst is such a classic that anyone who doesn't copulate in full gear deserves whatever happens to them.

Personally, I keep a full legion of undead soldiers watching.

flappeercraft
2018-05-13, 09:34 PM
is there anything equivalent to "called" for weapons?

There is an Augment Crystal in MIC which lets you draw the weapon it's on as a free action. It's worth 500gp IIRC and can be switched from weapon to weapon so it's actually better in eveyr way although it's weapon exclusive.

Crake
2018-05-13, 09:58 PM
There is an Augment Crystal in MIC which lets you draw the weapon it's on as a free action. It's worth 500gp IIRC and can be switched from weapon to weapon so it's actually better in eveyr way although it's weapon exclusive.

300gp for the least version, but there are upgraded versions that let you teleport the weapon to your hand from 30ft away as a move action, and then also give it the returning property.