PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Templates for level 20's (not undead)

CiceroLelouch
2018-05-04, 07:21 PM
Im having a hard time finding a template for my level 11 wizard/10 archnomancer(21hd) without becoming an undead. anyone have any good recommendations?
looking for something that gives me good int, and maybe SR.
At this point we're very powerful and the other two in my group have strong templates(Lich, Vamp Lord) and sadly the archnomancer needs con to use its abilties (its a bad class, but kind of fun) My character is evil and follows Lolth.

str 14
dex 18
con 28
int 27
wis 14
cha 20

ViperMagnum357
2018-05-04, 07:50 PM
If your DM will give you a pass for the RP element and allow you to be free of the Illithid influence, then Voidmind from MM3 is worth looking into. LA +3 and you take -2 to Charisma, but the benefits are great-immunities to Mind Influencing effects, Acid, Energy Drain, Ability Damage and Ability Drain. Scaling SR, net +10 abilities including +2 Intelligence, and a smattering of other benefits. If you are playing with a Lich and Vampire, I assume LA is not a huge issue.

If your DM is unwilling to waive the RP elements, you can look at Spellwarped Creature, also from MM3. LA+3 as well, and provided scaling SR and net +14 abilities, including +4 Intelligence.

Falontani
2018-05-04, 07:59 PM
Lolth Touched from MM IV increases str and con by 6, makes you immune to fear, for +1 LA

Phantom from MM V makes you both incorporeal and corporeal for the price of Ghost Touch Vulnerability

Half Fire Elemental from Manual of the Planes gives you +4 dex, +2 int, +2 cha, a slew of spell like abilities, and turns you into an Outsider *with the huge flaw of no raise dead*

From the Epic Player's Handbook it may be time to turn yourself into a Paragon Creature (it is probably the most powerful template in the game that you can just grab, on par with Vampire Lord)

Finally PAO yourself into a Dungeonbred Drider. You keep your medium size. You gain the Aberration type (which doesn't have downsides) you keep your con, and your racial stats change to +0, +6, +6, +4, +6, +6, +4 nat armor, 6 RHD, and a +4 LA, but gain a +6 to your effective wizard level.

THIS is all assuming a normal humanoid character

CiceroLelouch
2018-05-04, 08:04 PM
Wow these are great! im also playing as a satyr so humanoid works