PDA

View Full Version : Domain help

DragonsAion
2018-05-04, 07:33 PM
So I'm building an evil slayer using crusader/ hellreaver// cleric and the only domains I see that are good for this are glory and good. Are there any better anti-evil / evil outsider domains?

DragonsAion
2018-05-08, 10:02 AM
one time bump.

Guess I should also state that all sources are allowed.

ZamielVanWeber
2018-05-08, 10:09 AM
Depends on what you are going for honestly. Pride is worth a look just for it's domain power honestly.

Gullintanni
2018-05-08, 10:19 AM
The spell Turn Anathema lasts for 10min/Cl, and is a level 2 spell that allows you to select an alignment subtype opposed to your own alignment and use Turn Undead against creatures with that subtype.

Simply select the Evil subtype when casting the spell, and you can turn [Evil] outsiders (and other [Evil] things) at your discretion.

This actually works well due to the way Turning is structured. Undead have high HD for their CR whereas Outsiders tend to have HD = CR. There are lots of ways to boost turning levels so even a multiclass cleric should be able to keep turning relevant against Outsiders throughout the game.

One more benefit of this approach: Turning does not allow Saving Throws or Spell Resistance; both strong defenses Outsiders rely on.

Good luck!

DragonsAion
2018-05-08, 10:21 AM
Just looking to see what other domains whose granted powers and/or spells fit in line with the anti-evil theme of the Hellreaver PRC.

Darrin
2018-05-08, 12:46 PM
Competition and Mysticism look pretty decent. Retribution and Wrath also look useful. If none of those work for you, I'd try to steer towards Time or Spell domains, as they have the most utility.

ShurikVch
2018-05-08, 06:22 PM
Inquisition, Liberation, and Purification (Spell Compendium)

Celestial (Book of Exalted Deeds)

Exorcism (Eberron Campaign Setting)

Maybe, Deathless (from the same book) - but only if you're really want that Hero's Blade spell (9th-level)

DragonsAion
2018-05-09, 02:28 PM
Thanks for all the help and tips. I still not really sure what domains to pick but I do have a better understanding at what I'm looking for. If anyone has any other advise please let me know.