PDA

View Full Version : D20 future and Pathfinder

Crow_Nightfeath
2018-05-05, 02:18 AM
So I'm going to be starting a campaign sometime in the future that will be using the rules for both d20 modern/future and Pathfinder (and maybe a little D&D) and I'm trying to figure out how to set up the weapon proficiencies.. cause d20 system puts all melee weapons into archaic or exotic, and firearms into personal advanced and exotic. In Pathfinder it's simple martial exotic weapons, and all firearms are exotics.
I'm wondering about doing something like simple weapons stay the same, martial weapons would grant personal firearm proficiency as well, and advanced firearms and beyond would all be exotic proficiencies. Would this cause a lot of issues?

The world is going to be a lot like final fantasy, magic and technology exist side by side. And "archaic" weapons like swords axes bows etc are still in widespread use. So we're using Pathfinder classes and equipment along side the d20 modern/future equipment. Oddly prices aren't much of an issue, they seem to work just fine between the two systems.

frogglesmash
2018-05-05, 05:14 AM
You could always expand on the weapon group feats presented in Unearthed Arcana.