PDA

View Full Version : Where would ranma fit in the naruto verse ranks?

Traab
2018-05-05, 12:52 PM
I was just curious what some fans of both series have to say about this? Just to simplify, lets take peak feats because ranma does tend to fluctuate when it comes to power speed and durability. In here (http://ranma.wikia.com/wiki/Ranma_Saotome) when it talks about ranmas powers we see things like super sonic speed, such as being able to land hundreds of blows so fast it looks like a single punch, or catch all the rocks from an explosion safely. Enough durability to tank an attack that split a giant iron Buddha statue apart and keep fighting, as well as falling hundreds of meters onto solid stone with only some minor bruising (Not sure if flung at high speed or just terminal velocity) has serious super strength, in female form was able to cram a 40 ton boulder into the mouth of a dragon creature with little visible strain. This (http://caboodle.tripod.com/ranma/moves.htm) is a list of attacks in the setting, some are joke techniques, not all of them are ones ranma can do, but it works as a decent guide to describing what he fights in his own universe.

So yeah, taking end series naruto verse, where would you rank ranma? Would he make it even remotely close to the top? (I really dont see him matching naruto or sasuke) Be above mook but blow the elite named types?

janusmaxwell
2018-05-05, 01:05 PM
It depends on many factors.

Is he just being dropped in, and when? If it's end-game Naruto, he's unequivocally screwed.

Is he being given a chance to learn techniques? Because then he can maintain and then the scale could go ANYWHERE, thus rendering any argument over "power levels" invalid.

As it is, off the top of my head? He'd give Rock Lee one HELL of a fight, until Lee started doing his Gate shenanigans.

At which point, someone waves a cat in Ranma's face until he stops screaming and starts meowing.

And to counter, someone stuffs a bottle of sake in Lee's hand and tells him to "CHUG CHUG CHUG!"

And the winner of THAT fight would be up in the air.

But the definite loser would be the entire village because Drunk-Lee vs Cat-Ranma would be like a kaiju fight. There's gonna be a lot of collateral damage.

Lord Raziere
2018-05-05, 01:07 PM
somewhere near the Rock Lee rank, I'd assume. they're the two most comparable fighters, since everyone else is basically a ninja wizard, so he has the same limitations as Lee no matter how much force he can put out.

janusmaxwell
2018-05-05, 01:11 PM
somewhere near the Rock Lee rank, I'd assume. they're the two most comparable fighters, since everyone else is basically a ninja wizard, so he has the same limitations as Lee no matter how much force he can put out.

Ranma does have more than physical techniques, but Lee's specialization to the point of being able to out-speed Ranma would keep them way more even than Ranma's ability to Notice-Me-Not, Tornado-Pawnch and Ego-Blast.

Traab
2018-05-05, 01:36 PM
Ranma does have more than physical techniques, but Lee's specialization to the point of being able to out-speed Ranma would keep them way more even than Ranma's ability to Notice-Me-Not, Tornado-Pawnch and Ego-Blast.

But IS he faster than ranma? I mean, ranma doesnt even need to open gates to reach "can punch 500+ times in a second" levels of attack speed. Too be honest, I looked on ranma as being lee plus has his own "chakra" attacks. Meaning an absurdly fast strong and durable taijutsu nut who also has numerous ranged attacks in his arsenal. I think lee might win in a foot race, but when it comes time to trade hits? Im not so certain.

ben-zayb
2018-05-05, 10:27 PM
But IS he faster than ranma? I mean, ranma doesnt even need to open gates to reach "can punch 500+ times in a second" levels of attack speed. Too be honest, I looked on ranma as being lee plus has his own "chakra" attacks. Meaning an absurdly fast strong and durable taijutsu nut who also has numerous ranged attacks in his arsenal. I think lee might win in a foot race, but when it comes time to trade hits? Im not so certain.

Does Ranma punch fast enough that flames forming the shape of peacock appear? (Yeah, this is more of Springtime of Youth feat than Naruto) :smalltongue:

I don't think that matters, though. Pre-Shippuden Neji can hit 64 strikes in a few seconds*, but I doubt he can keep up with Lee's dash/run/turn/reaction speed. Lee pretty much has the whole "doesn't matter if you can see it coming if you can't keep up" shtick. *Then again, the more dangerous effect of the Trigram style isn't the strike itself, but the chakra disruption.

Lee straight up busted a meteor in The Last, so I'd really go with Quality over Quantity here.

As for durability, I don't think Lee has enough feats to match Ranma unless you count assumed secondary powers like not being ripped apart due to how fast you are moving.

Reddish Mage
2018-05-05, 11:22 PM
I wonder why these 90’s characters still get regularly brought up in the forums.

My first reaction is Ranma is underpowered next to Naruto-verse ninjas, but looking closely at what he can do it’s definitely not so clear. The ability to fire off hundreds of hits at once, toss around boulders (in his “weak” girl form!) and move at super-sonic speeds puts him in the broad realm of a ninja...the question is whether Naruto-verse characters, especially by the end, are really just far beyond Ranma’s very basic shtick.

This is hard to measure, by every standard, Ranmas abilities are show a lot more variability but his feats put him well within range of a lot of serious ninja. Saying Rock Lee needs to pull out his gates to defeat Ranma would mean Ranma is more powerful than most of the rest of Naruto’s cast (I put Rock Lee above most if not the very top of the minor ninja characters).

Clearly Ranma has nothing on the main cast though. So mid to upper mid-tier.

lord_khaine
2018-05-06, 05:54 AM
I wonder why these 90’s characters still get regularly brought up in the forums.

Likely because a lot of us grew up with them?