PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Djinn Equip from Magi: Kingdom of Magic?

Aetis
2018-05-05, 02:56 PM
This is for 3.5. I was looking to see if anyone has homebrewed djinn equipping from the anime Magi: Kingdom of Magic.

For those who are not familiar with the anime series, djinn equipping is when a character makes a pact with a powerful outsider, and compressing their power into your body for use for a limited time.

The Binder class basically does this already, but I'm not a fan of the Binder's ability to switch around vestiges they bind to. I was hoping for more of a single-vestige specialization.

Also, I'm hoping to utilize Extreme Magic (a one shot very powerful ability for djinn equippers).

Thanks in advance.

aimlessPolymath
2018-05-05, 04:03 PM
Look at the alternate class features for Pact Magic. (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/pact-magic) In general, for classes that have pactbinding as an alternate class feature, they're only able to bind one spirit at a time.

khadgar567
2018-05-06, 12:30 AM
First dot for dor sake. Secondly me, rferries and xuldarinidar alteady created paimon as race exculsive vestige so if you want i can pop a google doc here or pm you what i have

Goaty14
2018-05-06, 01:07 PM
The Binder class basically does this already, but I'm not a fan of the Binder's ability to switch around vestiges they bind to. I was hoping for more of a single-vestige specialization.

Some binder PrCs give specialized benefits but only when in a specific vestige, so 'brewing something like that more or less nerfs the switchability.

Using the channel celestial spells/abilities from BoED (or possession from BoVD) can also replicate this, notably an epic spell that basically gives you a deity stat array for a period of time.