PDA

View Full Version : Help with Rough Beast warlord

ThatBoostedNoob
2018-05-05, 08:51 PM
So my initial thoughts are to create a devotee of the rough beast. Pillage, slaughter and general ruination is this guys daily. My idea is a rampager antipaladin. Nothing says,”die mortal” like making people weep blood. What if like your help on is building this guy. Should I just get a great sword with power attacks? Any suggestions welcome

nintendoh
2018-05-05, 09:14 PM
Question. Super strong power beast, or rip and tear blender beast?

Is this a rampaging elephant or a velociraptor /blender?

Elricaltovilla
2018-05-06, 07:48 AM
Question. Super strong power beast, or rip and tear blender beast?

Is this a rampaging elephant or a velociraptor /blender?

The Rough Beast is the title of a god in Golarion, Pathfinder's official setting. That god's name is Rovagug (https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Rovagug).

ThatBoostedNoob- Power Attack and a Great Sword are generally considered the best place to start for a powerful melee attacker. So I would, in fact, recommend those.

Antipaladin is a pretty meh class overall, I think. You lose out on a lot of toughness that the regular paladin has in order to use a bad touch effect that interferes with your ability to do meaningful damage with your weapon (which will almost always significantly outdamage your touch of corruption).

Your Fiendish Servant boon is potentially nice, but I can't make any recommendations since it appears that the PFSRD's tables for summoned creatures is busted.

If you want to get back some of the lost vitality of the Paladin, consider playing a Dhampir (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-dhampir/) Anti-paladin. They have a racial ability that lets them be healed by negative energy, so you can use your Touch of Corruption to heal yourself like a Paladin would with Lay on Hands. (May require DM approval).

Uncle Pine
2018-05-06, 08:38 AM
Nothing screams "Rovagug's devotee" as much as a badass mount: a monstrous scorpion, an enslaved displacer beast or manticore. There are tons of rough beasts around that can really set the tone for your character. The specific idea that popped in my mind was a winged displacer beast (basically a stalker from Borderlands 2), but there are many more options.

ThatBoostedNoob
2018-05-06, 12:34 PM
I agree. Anti paladin is pretty meh. Was considering adding some oracle in. Anti oradin. Might not be worth it. Pretty sure I'm gonna max charisma and strength. Just cleave through hordes.

Elricaltovilla
2018-05-06, 02:35 PM
I agree. Anti paladin is pretty meh. Was considering adding some oracle in. Anti oradin. Might not be worth it. Pretty sure I'm gonna max charisma and strength. Just cleave through hordes.

Cleaving through hordes is not as easy as it seems in Pathfinder. Cleave only nets you one extra attack and largely isn't worth it to upgrade. Melee guys are pretty strictly geared towards single targets.

Are you open to third party materials?

ThatBoostedNoob
2018-05-06, 08:37 PM
Im open to most material. Nothing too crazy would be helpful. I mean killing effectively is the main goal. If single target is the way to go I'm all for it. Was considering a great sword with either keen or improved critical. Thought bleeding critical might work well because it's the only source of bleed that stacks. Plus it combos well with rampager archtype. It's still an effective critical build.... with a twist. If you know much about original warhammer. My idea is a chaos warrior build. Just sows death everywhere.

Elricaltovilla
2018-05-06, 08:44 PM
Does something like this (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/black-seraph-maneuvers/) interest you?

ThatBoostedNoob
2018-05-07, 06:11 PM
Does something like this (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/black-seraph-maneuvers/) interest you?

Yes it does. Love path of war. Would I be better off with a crimson countess harbinger. Seems very flavorful. Maybe a bit MAD.... but still seems legit.

Elricaltovilla
2018-05-07, 07:12 PM
Yes it does. Love path of war. Would I be better off with a crimson countess harbinger. Seems very flavorful. Maybe a bit MAD.... but still seems legit.

You could try an Ordained Defender Warder. Evil alignment gets you Black Seraph, and you can combine it with primal fury and eternal guardian to become a serious monster on the battlefield.

None of the initiators are particularly MAD. You need STR or DEX, your initiation modifier, then a little CON.