PDA

View Full Version : Blood Claw Master Claw attack questions

Catarang
2018-05-06, 05:48 PM
Hello everybody!

I'm about to start a new campaign where I'll be playing a Swordsage/Bloodclaw Master from ToB and I have a few questions about how the claw attacks they get from their shifting ability interact with wildshape/enlarge person.

1) If I have my claws out as a regular sized human, my claws do 1d4 damage. The ability doesn't mention my claws dealing more damage if I were large sized. If I have Enlarge person cast on me, do my claws do more damage?

2) Assuming the answer to the above question is yes, if I were to wildshape into a form that was large and had it's own claw attacks which did 1d4 damage would my old claws from the shifting ability either disappear or would they stay and override my worse claw attacks?

Also:

3) If I were to take levels in Fist of the Forest and was under the effects of my feral trance ability (giving me a 1d6 bite attack that never changes damage no matter my size) would that bite attack stack with the one I would get from using wildshape?

Thanks in advance!

Remuko
2018-05-06, 07:46 PM
Unless something explicitly says it doesnt change, it does change with size. Theres rules for how the damage die of a weapon change with size increases/decreases.

Catarang
2018-05-07, 03:31 PM
Unless something explicitly says it doesnt change, it does change with size. Theres rules for how the damage die of a weapon change with size increases/decreases.

So you're saying that if a medium creature uses the shifting ability and then is enlarged, they do 1d6 damage with their claws, but a large creature who uses the ability does 1d4 damage?

BowStreetRunner
2018-05-07, 04:41 PM
If a medium creature with a 1d4 claw attack were targeted by an effect that changed their size to large, their natural weapons would increase in size accordingly and the claw attack would become a 1d6.

If a medium creature uses an ability to change into the form of a large creature that has a 1d4 claw attack, then that form would still have a 1d4 claw attack. Unless the ability that allows the creature to change form states that it can retain any of its own abilities/attacks then those are assumed to be superseded by the abilities/attacks of the new form.

The bite attack would not 'stack' with the bite attack of your form. If the ability that changed your form allowed you to still use the Feral Trance (Su) ability from your class then you would be able to choose which bite attack to use each time you make a bite attack.

darkdragoon
2018-05-07, 07:35 PM
You might be interested in the Shifter Druid substitution level that changes their Wildshape to Wild Shifting (more shifts, bigger etc.), but fitting in 8 levels to get it might be a problem.