PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Nymph Sorcerer Bloodline

JNAProductions
2018-05-06, 10:26 PM
Nymph-Blooded Sorcerer

Your power comes from a primal and natural connection to the sea itself, from a Nymph in your family's past.

Unearthly Beauty-At level one, you may use 7+your proficiency modifier+your Charisma modifier as your AC when you are wearing no armor and not using a shield, as your grace and beauty distract, confuse, and misdirect foes.

Nymphly Nature-Additionally at level one, you gain a swim speed equal to your land speed and may breathe underwater.

Blinding Beauty-At level six, you may unleash your beauty all at once in a blinding burst of brilliance. As an action, spend three sorcerery points. For the next minute, anyone who looks at you for more than an instant must make a Charisma save against your spell DC. On a failure, they are blinded for one minute, or until they succeed on the save (which is taken again at the end of each of their turns). Should they somehow fail all saves for the duration, they are permanently blinded. Friends and foes alike may choose to avert their eyes, avoiding the ill effects, but in that case, they are treated as blinded in respect to you.

Lady Of The Sea-At level fourteen, your swim speed doubles and you gain resistance to Cold damage.

Grace Of A Nymph-Also at level fourteen, you may add half your Charisma modifier to all saves you make.

Herald Of The Ocean-At level eighteen, you may add Tsunami, Earthquake, and Storm of Vengeance to your spells known. You may cast any one of these spells once per long rest without expending a spell slot.

Aleister VII
2018-05-10, 05:52 AM
I like the unearthly beaty and overall this would be an amazing sorcerer to play in a pirate setting xD

Ninja_Prawn
2018-05-10, 06:48 AM
Why 7+prof+cha? At first level, that's not going to compete with mage armour and at high levels it's... still pretty average. 10+dex+cha might be a better way.

And blinding beauty looks more like a wisdom save to me. Charisma saves are when something changes your personality or moves you to a different plane.

The rest looks pretty cool though!

Also water nymphs are called undines. Or nereids if you're going for the sea specifically. :smalltongue:

nickl_2000
2018-05-10, 07:43 AM
Why 7+prof+cha? At first level, that's not going to compete with mage armour and at high levels it's... still pretty average. 10+dex+cha might be a better way.

Other than mage armor at level 1 is a significant amount of resources spent and this way you are much more SAD. I personally like it since it gives you an option to increases other stats outside of the standard Casting Stat, Dex, and Con.

Although I thing 8+ prof+ cha is not at all overpowered and more approiate. That gives you a likely 8+6+5 = 19 AC at level 20 or a 8+2+3=13 AC at level 1.