PDA

View Full Version : Craft DC for clothing?

killem2
2018-05-07, 10:58 AM
Are there any specifics on what the DC is to make clothing? Is there a different DC to make a monk's outfit vs say making a common robe or cloak?

Uncle Pine
2018-05-07, 11:09 AM
As far as I know there are just the ad hoc DC listed in the Craft table (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/craft.htm). I once had a player who wanted to become the best tailor Warblade ever and make extremely pimped out royal outfits for everyone in the party, so I used a base DC of 25 in that case. By the time they reached the capital, they were nothing short of fabulous.

Elkad
2018-05-07, 11:38 AM
Common outfits , same as any other mundane item. 5-15ish 5 for peasant farmer, 15 for well-off merchant.

Fancy stuff for the royal ball? Masterwork. (DC20)

No rules justification, but it fits.

InterstellarPro
2018-05-07, 11:58 AM
Very Simple Item: I'd say Peasant's clothing qualifies. That's a DC 5 according to the SRD.
Common Item: I'd say most outfits fall into this category. (Artisan’s outfit, Cleric’s vestments, Cold weather outfit, Entertainer’s outfit, Explorer’s outfit, Monk’s outfit, Scholar’s outfit, Traveler’s outfit). SRD says common items are DC 10.
High Quality Item: Courtier’s outfit. SRD says High Quality items are DC 15.
Complex or Superior Item: Noble’s outfit or Royal outfit. SRD says items of superior quality are DC 20.

Fouredged Sword
2018-05-07, 01:15 PM
I would make items that grant circumstances bonuses meet the DC 20 masterwork requirement as they are essentially masterwork tools.