PDA

View Full Version : No Unearthed Aracana, again?

Daithi
2018-05-07, 07:56 PM
The title says it all.

Beechgnome
2018-05-07, 08:03 PM
It is usually second Monday of the month. That would be the 14th.

Wilb
2018-05-07, 08:03 PM
2nd Monday every month...

Mana Opal
2018-05-07, 08:16 PM
The schedule got changed in January. Based off the wording of the title, it seems safe to assume that you didn't get the memo at all and missed four months' worth of UA's, which... sorry, man? On the plus side, March's was pointless and February's was more DM material, so if you're more of a player than a DM you only need to dig up January's and April's.

Daithi
2018-05-07, 08:22 PM
I actually thought this was the 2nd Monday. If you're dumber than a 4th grader...

the_brazenburn
2018-05-08, 06:52 AM
Not completely your fault, though.

The first day of the month was a Tuesday. That mistake would be forgivable.

Willie the Duck
2018-05-08, 06:58 AM
No worries. That's a 'spacy, not dumb' kind of mistake. When I wore a wind-up watch (where you had to adjust after the end of a month with less than 31 days) I was constantly doing stuff like this*. Anyone ever spend 5 minutes looking for the cell phone you have in your other hand?
*mind you, that specific example would make me think yesterday was the 6th and thus still the 1st Monday, and not the 8th and thus the 2nd, but the general principle still applies.

Grod_The_Giant
2018-05-08, 07:04 AM
Anyone ever spend 5 minutes looking for the cell phone you have in your other hand?
I've definitely never had a moment of panic about forgetting my phone and/or headphones while listening to music with them. Not me, no. <shifty eyes>

nickl_2000
2018-05-08, 07:09 AM
I've definitely never had a moment of panic about forgetting my phone and/or headphones while listening to music with them. Not me, no. <shifty eyes>

I've certainly never freaked out thinking I forgot the baby somewhere while carrying his car seat.

DracoKnight
2018-05-08, 07:19 AM
I've certainly never freaked out thinking I forgot the baby somewhere while carrying his car seat.

And never have I ever lost my glasses while they were still on my face.

Ivor_The_Mad
2018-05-08, 12:54 PM
No worries I made the same mistake at first. The first Monday was a full week into the month and only 6 days left.

PhoenixPhyre
2018-05-08, 01:25 PM
And never have I ever lost my glasses while they were still on my face.

Been there, panicked at that. Spent a minute or two looking for them in blind (not really, I could see) panic until I realized that I could see, so they must be on my face.

QuickLyRaiNbow
2018-05-08, 01:28 PM
Been there, panicked at that. Spent a minute or two looking for them in blind (not really, I could see) panic until I realized that I could see, so they must be on my face.

I have pushed my glasses up on my nose and taken them off so I can rub my temples, and I have panicked about losing my glasses before realizing that I could see so I must already be wearing them. I don't even wear glasses.

Willie the Duck
2018-05-08, 01:44 PM
I have pushed my glasses up on my nose and taken them off so I can rub my temples, and I have panicked about losing my glasses before realizing that I could see so I must already be wearing them. I don't even wear glasses.

Wait, what?

Did you used to and now wear contacts (/had lasik)? Otherwise that's kind of like those old Bugs Bunny "I wonder if [the plummeting] Daffy will hit the ground before he remembers that he's a duck and can fly" kind of moments.

QuickLyRaiNbow
2018-05-08, 01:54 PM
Wait, what?

Did you used to and now wear contacts (/had lasik)? Otherwise that's kind of like those old Bugs Bunny "I wonder if [the plummeting] Daffy will hit the ground before he remembers that he's a duck and can fly" kind of moments.

I wore glasses for more than twenty years, then had eye surgery about three months ago.