PDA

View Full Version : professions/guilds.

dylan1
2018-05-08, 03:19 PM
so im running a game in dnd 5e and i wanna create guilds for them to join. im looking to have : blacksmiths, engineers,apocotherapys guild,enchanters guild,rangers guild. anyone have a system already created? its doesnt have to be with 5e. thanks :D

Maelynn
2018-05-08, 03:29 PM
The Guild Artisan background (PHB 132) has a list you might want to be looking at, then. The background itself is also nice for some inspiration. :)

Anymage
2018-05-08, 06:11 PM
What do you want the guilds to do? If they're just things people do in their downtime and/or a place for adventurers to get hired, why do you need rules?

If organization membership is supposed to be important, there are already rules in the DMG. (P.22) You can have these fill in for some of the "prestigious organization membership" elements of prestige classes by having certain boons become available at certain reputation benchmarks. But those should be goals and are highly campaign dependent.

Gorum
2018-05-09, 10:41 PM
so im running a game in dnd 5e and i wanna create guilds for them to join. im looking to have : blacksmiths, engineers,apocotherapys guild,enchanters guild,rangers guild. anyone have a system already created? its doesnt have to be with 5e. thanks :D

As much as I hate the system with a passion, Pathfinder had decent downtime rules in Ultimate Campaign. Change the craft time to something worthwhile doing (E.G. "Make Craft Work" from Spes Magna Games), and you have a solid base to work on.