PDA

View Full Version : Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes: the preview podcasts are here!

Unoriginal
2018-05-08, 04:22 PM
More precisely, here: https://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/imb2y-40f57/Dungeon-Delve-%E2%80%93-An-Official-Dungeons--Dragons-Podcast

For those who don't want to listen to those different one-shot adventures based on the MToF's content, I'll summarize the new things about the book revealed in those podcasts below.

Updating as I listen to them...

Episode 1: Maiden Voyage (by the Venture Maidens)

-Githyanki with astral ship

(not finished the episode)

Episode 2: (by Sneak Attack!)

-Glazya worshippers in the thieves' guild (already revealed in the UA)

-

the_brazenburn
2018-05-08, 04:34 PM
We already have airships in 5e. They're listed with all the other vehicles in the DMG.

Unoriginal
2018-05-08, 05:11 PM
We already have airships in 5e. They're listed with all the other vehicles in the DMG.

I know, but it's not one of those. Gotta have to wait for me to actually finish the episode

the_brazenburn
2018-05-08, 05:13 PM
I know, but it's not one of those. Gotta have to wait for me to actually finish the episode

Sorry.

I guess new types of flying ships are of interest. It just seems odd that they'd bother to stat them if they already have perfectly good (and easily modified) ones in the DMG.

EDIT: Unless it's a gith astral ship. That would be amazing.

JoeJ
2018-05-08, 05:32 PM
Sorry.

I guess new types of flying ships are of interest. It just seems odd that they'd bother to stat them if they already have perfectly good (and easily modified) ones in the DMG.

EDIT: Unless it's a gith astral ship. That would be amazing.

Or if it has a spelljamming helm. (Please, please, please let it have a spelljamming helm!)

Unoriginal
2018-05-08, 06:30 PM
well it seems I'm too tired to do that tonight.

If others want to do it, please do.

JoeJ
2018-05-08, 08:31 PM
The Venture Maidens episode is...

A gith flying ship. Nothing specific about it's propulsion, but since there are githyanki and githzerei fighting over it, that presumably means astral rather than spelljamming.

the_brazenburn
2018-05-09, 06:48 AM
The Venture Maidens episode is...

A gith flying ship. Nothing specific about it's propulsion, but since there are githyanki and githzerei fighting over it, that presumably means astral rather than spelljamming.

Nice! Now that is new and interesting information.

So, this will be in Mordenkainen's, then?

JoeJ
2018-05-09, 11:16 AM
Nice! Now that is new and interesting information.

So, this will be in Mordenkainen's, then?

I guess so. Also...

The ship has crashed and the DM stressed that it was beyond repair, so there may not be stats for it. It could just be a location.