PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Pathfinder Game coming up. Need help choosing a build

Nosta
2018-05-08, 05:06 PM
so I Don't know much other than its based on a game we did in 2015 using 3.5, but since we only use pathfinder now its going to use those rules.

I want about six ideas for build so i have a good choice, I'd like a good Mix of Melee , Range and Magic base builds

I Don't know what level we'll start at but a good guess in between 3 and 8

I want a good mix of builds so i can fit what ever one I take in to the group to help fit party balance

Psyren
2018-05-08, 05:38 PM
Do you have some kind of concept you're going for? "Build me six 8th-level characters" is a bit broad.

Nosta
2018-05-08, 05:54 PM
Do you have some kind of concept you're going for? "Build me six 8th-level characters" is a bit broad.

sorry. Im just looking for fun builds that are strong but not game breaking X(
"
For melee i like more skilled than brute force and for magic i like versatility

zlefin
2018-05-08, 06:00 PM
it's just too overly broad as a request; you should wait until you know what the rest of the party is, and what level(s) you'll be playing at, then we'll have enough to really go on.
otherwise it'd make more sense to just look through lists of builds in general (surely we have some master lists of builds somewhere? at least in someone's sig?)

Andor13
2018-05-08, 06:12 PM
If you're new to Pathfinder, and 3rd party stuff is allowed, take a look at the Path of War stuff, all the classes are pretty solid, and fun as well as effective.

Or just go Aegis (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/aegis/). They're not the best at anything, but can dabble effectively in almost everything (even healing with Radiant Dawn (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bxvxLR5IDD2J_EHV0n60dxoS504TPwZXeun7HeKumN4/edit#).) Whatever your party needs, you can do it. (Except face. They have nothing talky.)

Dr_Dinosaur
2018-05-08, 06:17 PM
Underground Chemist/Scout Rogue 8 with VMC Alchemist can sneak attack with bombs and gets 1.5x their level to Craft (Alchemy) checks. See if the DM will let you have the Bomber talent on an Unchained Rogue for more bombs.

Iron Caster builds are well underway by 8th level if you’re familiar with those.

Winter/Seasons(Winter) Witch 5/Winter Witch 3 is fun if the cold doesn’t bother you. Beast-bonded is also only 2 levels away from being an immortal body snatcher.

Nosta
2018-05-08, 06:41 PM
Iron caster?

Its seem my friend wants to Try Alchemy
so I"m leaving that to Him

I Just got done playing a Range magus.

Eldonauran
2018-05-09, 12:54 AM
Maybe try playing a character that can be built to do a little bit of everything, or specialize into something, your pick.

Let’s start with Druid. Good chassis. 3/4 BAB, decent saves, full spellcasting (fairly balanced) with the ability to summon something useful. Let’s add a template (archetype) that cuts out some of the more nature-y aspects of the Druid, so that it could fit into just about any campaign...

Ah, Nature Fang. No Wildshape to deal with (less book keeping, but still have use of shorter duration “form” spells for versatility). Gets a sneak attack dice, and access to Slayer Talents (and studied target, a serious combat/spell DC Boon). Still gets a Nature Bond. So an animal sidekick or a domain. Crocodile would be good for a familiar, grapple bonuses, and scaling sneak attack. Not to mention possibly getting a familiar archetype to help with HP (see Protector).

With ranger combat styles, you get focus on the fighting style of your choice, pre-requisite free. Maybe pick up trapfinding, or be weird and use firearms, the sky is the limit. And, if you can use the variant Multiclass rules, well ... There are some fairly fun things you can do with that. Some fun things are available that way and the Slayer Talents help offset the pain of the feat loss.

Florian
2018-05-09, 01:06 AM
Iron caster?

PF has Item Mastery feats, so martials can utilize a limited array of magic as SLAs. The Iron Caster concept centers around using "floating feats" to switch through the range of Item Mastery feats when needed. When done right, that gives you access to some central spells even before wizards get them (points to the FTR3/Occ3 build I already mentioned to you. That's the fast track)

Nosta
2018-05-09, 12:18 PM
So Remembered the gun chemist archetype for alchemist
I am thinking of going with that